It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deep Sleep - A Free Indie Horror Game

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   
If you're looking for a casual game that's free to play, with a little bit of horror added to spice it up, then Deep Sleep, and the sequels to it, is for you!

The game is not downloaded, but can be played in your browser, either as a small window, or full screen, your choice.

The game falls into two classes: Pixelated and Point N Click. Don't let the "Pixelated" part turn you off, the creator, Scriptwelder, succeeds in creating a very creepy atmosphere with this game. Here are some screen shots:

The game actually has some jump scares and a couple of tense situation, however, it is family friendly (no adult language or gore to be found).

Being a "casual game", it's short and can be played all the way through in less than an hour.

Here is a link to the game itself, and below the link is part 1 of 4 Let's Play videos my son and I did:

Deep Sleep

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:36 AM
link   
I enjoy reading/watching your post and wanted to say thanks for finding some great games that have cured some hours of boredom.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:58 PM
link   
this is the side of ATS I love when I get too overwhelmed from Earths drama and issues. LOVE horror games. Have you played The Forest yet? Google it. MIND BLOWING gameplay and graphics - and made by four Indy gamers. I think its jjust on steam however.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   
a reply to: sarra1833

Glad I'm able to give you a respite from all the....BS going on in the world.

I certainly know I have to take a break once in a while!

I've heard of The Forrest, but it's not free, so it's one of those games on my wish list.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eyemin
I enjoy reading/watching your post and wanted to say thanks for finding some great games that have cured some hours of boredom.

Agreed, I get damn sick of reading about ebola and rocks on mars sometimes haha, the off topic part is like a haven.

And Eriktheawfull I also love your posts, yi know when I was younger some of the best memory's I have is off my dad sneaking through to my bedroom at night to play my games consoles when my mum was on the night shift lol, he would let me stay awake and watch him as long as I didn't tell lol, I was just a kid so my dad was a lot better than me at video games back then and he would get a lot further than i did so enjoyed watching him and he'd always be there until I fell asleep.

So it brings back some memory's watching you play games with your son and geez you even look a little like my dad did haha, it's very endearing to watch and I think it's awesome you play video games with your son.

Keep up the good work man and I swear I'm waiting on your channel going viral because it damn well should, it's up there with the best of them for quality content, just remember us ATS'ers when you're overthrowing pewdiepie eh hahaha.
edit on 1-9-2014 by GreyGoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

the forest is fun

War frame is a great free fps with ninjas in space

edit on E14America/Chicago09019 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

link   

double post sorry
edit on E14America/Chicago09009 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

link   
a reply to: GreyGoo

Hahaha, thanks for the complements!

As for my channel "going viral"......meh.....I don't think that will happen. Lots of young gamers on YouTube that have a lot more time to dedicate to their channel (and play games of course, while I'm busy home schooling my son), better looking than me, hehehe, and also they tend to not censor some of the stuff they say, they drop the F bomb quite a bit.

But I'm happy if even just a few get a chuckle out of what I put out there.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   
My son Josh and I started the sequel, so far it's just as fun, but even more involved! I've got 3 parts of our Let's Play uploaded. Here is part 1:

posted on Sep, 4 2014 @ 06:40 AM
link   
My son Josh and I started the third part in this series, a free indie game located at gamejolt.com, called The Deepest Sleep:

top topics

join