It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this race baiting happening elsewhere?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Ok here in Michigan there has supposedly been a incident where a U.S. Army reservist was denied to buy gas from a Arabic owned Mobile gas station in Holly mi.

Mems like these have been floating around all day. Is this just local or is this something bigger happening in other states in the USA?

And there is this also being put into comments on the post's.

My name is "snip". I work in the East Holly mobile gas station. Off exit "snip". I grew up in Holly and I know and am known by many. The people who know me also know i would never stand for discrimination. Recently there has been a viscous post going around stating we have denied a service member of gas. Correction. We ran out of gas! We wave the American flag everyday! We let recruiters sit at our tables and recruit new members anytime need be. I am the manager of the Tubbys located inside of the gas station I am here over sixty hours a week and I can say this did not happen! Our manager here is nothing but sweet he would deny nothing to anybody if we have the supply for it. We have been getting threatening phone calls for the past few days and we are being slandered all over Facebook for nothing. I've been here five years. I can assure everybody anywhere including my town of Holly that we serve anybody and everybody. We have served hundreds and hundreds of troops. We support them. We are a team. If anybody has questions ask for "snip" or "snip" we can clear this up in no time. Like I said. We do not stand for anybody being treated less then equal. Does not matter of your yellow. Green. Black. Or pink. Three limbs. No limbs. Jobless or rich. We are all equal. That's how it should be.

Mods I have done the best I could to protect everyone's identity.

edit on 9/1/14 by proob4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Sadly, I think that it may be happening in this thread...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: thesmokingman
Sadly, I think that it may be happening in this thread...

I think you are mistaken. I am only wondering if this is going on elsewhere?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:37 AM
link   
It happens everywhere, I think. A few years ago, India went mental because some indian students were attacked in Melbourne, Australia. The thing is, the attacks we by asian immigrants.

Indians protested in our streets as though they had the right to. They went so crazy and their country was so angry at us that our politicians saw fit to step in and placate the ##snipped##, just to shut them up and maintain some semblance of diplomatic peace.

I don't fully understand 'race-baiting', though. It seems to me to be an excellent method of rooting out those in a population who are already there and just need a fake story to get them so righteously white hot.

edit on Mon Sep 1 2014 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:42 AM
link   
Agenda pushing memes? Personally; locally, haven't heard of these cases. Businesses place signs and practice right of refusal to anyone-more on that here. Maybe it wasn't because of being a soldier but because of attitude, or other, which I have heard of and have witnesses people kicked out of places before.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Not just race baiting, but religion/atheist baiting, class baiting, sex baiting, gender identification baiting, old/young baiting, rich/poor baiting, police/citizen baiting.

We're being baited. Don't believe the hype. Don't burn and tip over stuff, or you'll get the hose again.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:40 AM
link   
Love it. Love all this manipulation. Love it how they create demons after they breast feed them from their own evil titties...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Even if this was true refusing to serve someone because you believe their actions to be morally abhorant is hardly the crime of the century.

I mean if a member of the taliban, Isis or any other bogeyman group went into a store in the US I can imagine there'd be a lot of americans that would be uncomfortable with serving them.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: monkofmimir
Even if this was true refusing to serve someone because you believe their actions to be morally abhorant is hardly the crime of the century.

I mean if a member of the taliban, Isis or any other bogeyman group went into a store in the US I can imagine there'd be a lot of americans that would be uncomfortable with serving them.

Bad analogy. It's like not serving a member of ISIS inside ISIS borders. Doing so there would get you killed.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Are people allowed to discriminate against those who are employed by the Military?

It would seem that gender or choice of gender, race, religion, and handicaps are protected under the constitution but military and political leanings are not.

That is why learner is getting away with targeting Right wing and conservation political groups.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:52 AM
link   
In reading your contributions, I just see alot of misunderstandings. I don't believe the initial story was intentional. The soldier misunderstood (perhaps due to language ambiguity) the gas attendant. He perceived a bias where there was none. Ranted, and it gained steam. I just see ignorance in others so quickly assuming they have all the facts based on one individuals perspective.

Certainly, those who created the meme, we're baiting. It is obvious they had a personal racial agenda. I am sure this happens globally. Not just racially, but to further any perceived agenda. That is why ATS is becoming so popular. There is usually always another perceived view to the first story told.

(post by Psynic removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:48 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

So what you are saying is, the indians who were bashed up in Melbourne (on numerous occasions) were by Asian immigrants. How do you know they are asian immigrants? How do you know they were not Australians? In fact i think i sense a slight undertone of racism in your post.
edit on 1-9-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: f0xbat

So what you are saying is, the indians who were bashed up in Melbourne (on numerous occasions) were by Asian immigrants. How do you know they are asian immigrants? How do you know they were not Australians? In fact i think i sense a slight undertone of racism in your post.

You do? Well, golly gee! If you aren't even the slightest bit racist I will eat dog sht off the street.

I know the attacks were from asian immigrants because I know - but you go ahead and believe whatever you want to. It's entirely possible that one or some of the attackers have received citizenship and can therefore - sadly - be called Australian.

My post wasn't about nationality, it was about race and race-baiting - that is what this thread is about, isn't it?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: BasementWarriorKryptonite

originally posted by: f0xbat

You do? Well, golly gee! If you aren't even the slightest bit racist I will eat dog sht off the street.

I know the attacks were from asian immigrants because I know - but you go ahead and believe whatever you want to. It's entirely possible that one or some of the attackers have received citizenship and can therefore - sadly - be called Australian.

My post wasn't about nationality, it was about race and race-baiting - that is what this thread is about, isn't it?

So what you're saying is, that the attacks are from asian immigrants because you know. Without any tangible proof. You THINK it was the asian who did it so therefore it MUST have been them. Do you see the ignorance in your logic?
edit on 1-9-2014 by f0xbat because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: proob4

I haven't heard of this anywhere in my state, but it wouldn't surprise me if we don't begin to see more and more of this, particularly as the US ups its game against ISIS. From what I've read, it seems that Muslim immigrants seem to cluster in particular parts of cities and more so in some cities than others and thus they tend to apply their standards in those areas.

One problem you'll run into in researching this is that MSM outlets, print and TV scrub these stories and won't report them. They're more likely to be reported in small town newspapers where they aren't controlled by the Federal censors.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I live in a small town. A few years ago a couple of ethnics bought a gas station in town. They were never friendly and would stop talking even in their native language whenever someone entered the business.

People stopped patronizing them and they went out of business. They got what they asked for.

If we allow foreigners to buy up our businesses, land, and infrastructure we get what we ask for.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:48 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:07 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join