It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any decent video editing software?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Got it! interface looks nice and I'm working on getting my stuff together now. Hopefully the trial doesn't end before I finish and doesn't cost a fortune for a license key.

To everyone else; thanks for your help and I'll keep all these suggestions for the future. Maybe in a couple of weeks I'll have my first demo up. Thanks again.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I bought Pinnacle Studio 12 and have been happy with it. Have you tried it? If so, what's your, or anyone elses, opinion on it?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I always liked sony vegas, when i make my game videos thats what i used and if you dont buy the latest version, you go with one from 10 years ago (if you can find a copy) it will run on that machine no probs, might take a little while to render the final video, but it will certainly work fine.

Its a little tricky to get used to, like photoshop, but theres no avoiding a learning process. You just have to deal with that.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Good deal I use nearly their whole line up for something, get the expansion if you can after you get used to that. Can't wait to see what you come up with!

edit on 1-9-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 1-9-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Since i lost my license key and had to reinstall windows i dont have vegas any more, so i simply use windows movie maker, its not as good at all as vegas but its simple and since i dont actually have to do any editing really its more about using it to render fraps footage so its not a bazzilion gigs

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Just had to let you know I've been editing with this software all day and have almost completed what took me days to do with the other stuff. I was about to call it a wrap until I noticed the effects. Awesome software. How much is it?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

Glad to here it worked out for you, it is really a great program. $50-$800 the one you got I think is $140.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Sweet, can't thank you enough for this. Not having the proper editing software really takes the fun out of flying a hd camera around in the sky. I'm all done and it's uploading to YT now. A little over an 1hr should be ready.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: FlySolo

Sweet, can't thank you enough for this. Not having the proper editing software really takes the fun out of flying a hd camera around in the sky. I'm all done and it's uploading to YT now. A little over an 1hr should be ready.

sweet!

will you post it here for us?

i have my helicopter rides on you tube, i put the Ride of the Valkyries music to it, i just couldnt resist

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

Absolutely. I'll be making a new thread once it's ready. I wasn't sure about any copyright headaches regarding music on YT so I edited it to one of my own recordings. Hope the HD quality works and doesn't lose any during compression.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   
here you go have one of them

enjoy! i look forward to yours

edit on b25251100 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:25 PM
link   

An error occurred.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:27 PM
link   

An error occurred.

i fixed it i messed up the link info i left the & symbol in it should work now

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   
that was compressed and music added with just media live movie maker that comes with 7.

not the best editing in the world but it served its purpose, to not take 3 weeks to upload to you tube LOL

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Ya what's up with that? 37 min to go. It's a 4 min clip, anything longer would take days so being able to trim is a must.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Ya what's up with that? 37 min to go. It's a 4 min clip, anything longer would take days so being able to trim is a must.

yeah fraps and iphone vids are huge and take forever if they arnt compressed.

my internet sucks it takes me hours to upload a 500 meg compressed avi.

oh well a better editing suite isnt going to make that much better

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:47 PM
link   
flying in a chopper is one of the best things ive ever done in my life, its incredible.

its like being superman for 30 minutes, we flew over my house and i was squealing "thats my house" and giggling.

was awesome! +1 for chopper rides.

at first you are scared because its a big noisy machine then you are just reeling in awe at how everything looks. very very highly recommended.

definitely not at all like taking a plane ride

heres the other one, not quite as good but you get the idea also a great day to be flying, no wind and a blue sky, beautiful.

edit on b55551129 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:19 AM
link   

Not many get to do what you do. That's awesome. Would have been a career I would have liked to get into.
My video finished uploading but is stuck at 0% processing.
for the last 3 minutes. Why do I have a bad feeling about this...

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Not many get to do what you do. That's awesome. Would have been a career I would have liked to get into.
My video finished uploading but is stuck at 0% processing.
for the last 3 minutes. Why do I have a bad feeling about this...

its probably just your browser bugging or you tube rendering it into a browser format people can see, leave that window open and open a new tab and check your videos and see if it works

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Yup it's there.
www.youtube.com...
edit on 2-9-2014 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join