It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What may be really bothering Obama

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Obama is evil.
I don't know how he gets a pass on this by his supposed base.
Click me.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

Obama is always the smartest man in the room until it makes them feel better to believe he's the poor, manipulated dupe. How does the smartest man in the room get to be the poor, manipulated dupe?
... The exact same way the Evil Genius is actually an idiot.

Obama is trying to angle and believes he is smart enough to do it but that doesn't mean he isn't being duped by those around him. There are plans in place that have been on going through the last few presidents. How would Obama NOT be getting duped if he had any other plan besides the ones he is not in the loop on. If he is not in the club, then getting duped is automatic.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Its beautiful that nobody knows the man personally but everyone seems to know what hes thinking about.

Kind of like the attempt to explain Mona Lisa's smile, isn't it? (Not intended to be snarky, so please don't think so.)

The situation honestly reminds me of the UFO experience we had on our son's birthday during the 2000 eclipse. Only the odd glare of the Moon just before total eclipse made the object so obvious. My wife and son both agreed with me that, other than the very few seconds it was in silhouette between straight up and the Moon, the best description was, "A shadow on a shadow." On any given night, I doubt it would have been noticed.

You can only work with what you've been given. America has elected a hand of smoke twice. I'm confused as to why anyone would be confused. Anyone familiar with cognitive therapy is familiar with projection:
Source

Psychology.

the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself, or to regard external reality as embodying such feelings, thoughts, etc., in some way.
Psychoanalysis. such an ascription relieving the ego of a sense of guilt or other intolerable feeling.

11. Psychology. a. the tendency to ascribe to another person feelings, thoughts, or attitudes present in oneself, or to regard external reality as embodying such feelings, thoughts, etc., in some way. b. Psychoanalysis. such an ascription relieving the ego of a sense of guilt or other intolerable feeling.

You got what you voted for, the question is really if you voted for what you got.

"It is easier to fool people than it is to convince people they've been fooled..." - Mark Twain

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: scattergun
Some great dialog here. However I did want to bring a tad of my own observations.

Presidents are judged throughout history in several categories.. Our current president seems to have missed the memo on his desk the first day of work. Surround your self with the best and wisest group of advisors you have and never rush to judgment until you have all the facts. Confusion reigns in the oval office right now. There's just to many "Situational Events " Going on right now. The staff has been transitioning and Obama really doesn't seem to recognize anyone giving him advice. His head is literally spinning.

Example: " ISIS are the JV team..." Obviously a sound bite from his morning security brief from a mid level manager.
another, "Your going to be able to keep you current Health Insurance." Just Two of many statements that he was severely misinformed about..

He is way outside his executive Span of control. When he stands in front of the mic and makes a statement like, "We have no plan for Syria" I could feel the air rush out of senior White House corespondents. Who's telling him this #?

The Staff War College has a plan for any and all contingencies world wide. Thats there job. If the Commander in Cheese wants a War Plan he has a stack of responses on his desk in minutes... So thats all BS. Right now Obama is "All In" and head deep in #. OUR problem is those advisors are giving him all this sage advice and possess the wisdom of a spoiled Tenth Grader...

MOre than possible he's having help with the foundering,
at least economically-- a given. Not one of the tsars he's
pulled in as economic advisors had a lick of trigger time
out in the businesses they're allegedly advising him on.

Add to that the military side of the cube rolling down
the felt is always going to end up in a profit-driven
solution, since we're just about 59% of discretionary
wallet for 'defense' now. NOT in our best interests, even
short term. I'm surprised the MIComplex pulled back a
little from the Iraq thing, since the only pushback was
from public opinion looking like lynch mob appoval
ratings... never bothered these guys before, so WTF?

One good additional reason for Obie to be long in the face
is so many of his favor-demanders are being shut down from
the "evil spirit is willing but the country is weak"
phenomenon as we can't even fart a new carrier every eight
years like in the 70's - 80's. Appropriations are getting harder
to pull down even without a budget in the last six years.

I could be all wet for many reasons -- except our ability to
wage war has been visually compromised to a dangerous
level of vulnerability. IF something major DOES kick off for
an October Surprise this year, we're going in small, beat
up and tired at best... worst case we could conceivably
have to sandbag the coastlines in a few populated spots.

Don't think Russia and China haven't been drooling a little
watching us spread out for The City of London and the
R_Word banking cabal to invade a lot of little guys...
compared to the Cold War times when we were resilient
even the General Staff are starting to get nervous.
Maybe Fearless Leader is turning into Unwilling Cheerleader.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I love how poster after poster keeps saying that Obama isn't doing anything.

I know, blame him if he doesn't, blame him if he does.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: amazing

Not really. My career began during the Nixon admin. Carter was, by far, the worst president of the latter half of the 20th century. Double digit inflation, unemployment and interest rates. The whole country was depressed.

Unfortunately Obama has been pretty much no different, the main difference being the lack of double digit inflation and interest rates. There has not been quite the depressed feeling as a whole as it was during the Carter admin. Therefore, just by results I would say that Obama was moderately better than Carter. But there is the same sense of incompetence as with Carter.

However, also in terms of results, Bush 2 and Obama fall beneath/below the rest of the presidents since Nixon.

He's got to be way above carter...no long lines at gas pumps and my friends, me, we're not in a recession any longer. we're out of it. My business is booming. If we were in a recession, it wouldn't be booming. I'd be out of business. We're coming out of it. Not saying that there isn't recessed parts of the country and that some states and cities aren't lagging behind but we are improving.

Also the recession didn't start under Obama. He's brought us out of it. Maybe we would have come out of it anyway organically if you will but still the country is in better shape now then before he was president. Just saying.

So I'm going to say he's much much better then Carter and either Bush.. not as good as Regan or Clinton. Equal to Ford. Overall not that bad. Not great, just not that bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: HauntWok

I know, blame him if he doesn't, blame him if he does.

I'm far more of a hawk then Obama, but didn't a majority of people vote for him because of getting us out of foreign wars?

Obviously he's doing something right as we haven't had any major homeland attack.

And all he got were more "slams" when he took out Bin Laden. Where was the flag waving then?

He can't win. He might as well just do what he wants.

edit on 1-9-2014 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Actually, he campaigned on getting out of Iraq and increasing troop levels in Afghanistan to get Bin Laden. (Which, what happened? Oh yes, that's right, because he listened to intelligence reports that said he was in Pakistan)

Lol

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername
Obama wanted to get through his presidency without dealing with the tough stuff.

He wanted to change America into his own vision of what he believes it should be, without any resistance, he expected that everyone would love him for it, and his words alone with apologies would bring peace to the troubled regions of the world... He doesn't like reality, he avoids critical briefings, he wants to take vacations and play golf while escaping into his imaginary perfect world.

He is incapable of leading this nation through the extremely troubled times ahead.

Such is his destiny. And our fate.

It did not nor does have to be.

I think he knew full well the difficulty he would face.Nobody sane would think everybody would go along with his plan to fundamentally change the country into his idea of shangri-la.When you start by labeling patriots, constitutionalists, and conservatives as domestic terrorists, and then try to ban guns while stocking up the arsenal of weapons for use domestically while at the same time slashing the military budget.To me it seems like he has a plan to force his will on us,culminating in violence against dissenters who will be labeled terrorists and dealt with.
All this crap with Syria and Russia is a unwanted distraction from his plans at home and are keeping him from making his moves here.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Actually, he campaigned on getting out of Iraq and increasing troop levels in Afghanistan to get Bin Laden. (Which, what happened? Oh yes, that's right, because he listened to intelligence reports that said he was in Pakistan)

Lol

Yes, but, he did get Bin Laden.

And how did the right react?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:13 PM
link   

We have more people than ever on food stamps and disability and fewer people than ever participating in the work force. The U6 unemployment numbers are actually in double digit territory, and while you may be seeing recovery, I've been mired in permanent underemployment ever since I lost my full-time job with the crash. My husband's rate of job advancement while still going has slowed down a lot because the regulations on his sector have become stifling. His area has advanced because it deals with regulatory while just about every other area is steady ... barely.

The only reason you aren't seeing inflation is because you aren't looking. Have you kept tabs on the cost of food and fuel? Butter is through the roof ($4.55/lb this week) as is meat of all types and produce. Trying to feed your family fresh food is killing a family budget these days.

But food and fuel aren't factored into inflation numbers.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

We said great, and who's enhanced interrogation program was it that gave you the intel to find him?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   

We said great, and who's enhanced interrogation program was it that gave you the intel to find him?

You may have said great, but the Right media sure didn't.

Enhanced interrogation program? What exactly would that be?

I know one high level interrogator said: "Give them a cookie". Do you consider that good or bad?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I was asked just this weekend if I could provide scientific proof that Fukushima has done lasting physical damage to the Pacific ecosystem. If you can provide a piece of verifiable proof (other than gov't supplied smoke and mirrors), I will gladly post links to reams of firsthand observation of the death of the Pacific Ocean.

As a snarky Ph D labeled the topic of UFOs in a forum I used to frequent, the death of OSBL is vacuous at best...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Unfortunately, us being "out of the recession" is only short lived. We do not have a manufacturing base any longer to support steady recovery.

As far as unemployment goes, the only reason it isn't showing as double digit is because they are not counting those who have not found a job and are no longer collecting benefits.

Used to be if you lost your job and became unemployed you were part of the stats...not the case any longer. After you are no longer collecting benefits you disappear from the system.

I can guarantee you that back in the 70s and 80s, even during the Carter era almost half the country was not collecting some form of govt welfare. I can also guarantee you that back in the 70s and 80s the fed was not printing money like it was going extinct.

Things may be rosy for you and your friends right now, but our economy is sick, sick, sick and will not be getting much better anytime soon. In fact, you can pretty well count on the S hitting the fan before long. Best to be not in debt, and in a relatively recession proof business.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Oh, the right didn't react well.

They never do.

Action or inaction, same reaction from the right.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:54 PM
link   

They never do.

And the left.

Face it: they are the flip side of the same coin and it proves nothing for one side to make claims of the other, since in the pointing of a single finger there are usually 3 others pointed back at the source.

You have the left complaining and making judgements about the rigid judgement of the right when it comes to lifestyles, but then those same people will not be accepting of anyone whose thinking is not in lock step with themselves. Seems that everyone is a hypocrite.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

Sorry, being wrong isn't an opinion. It's just being wrong.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

They never do.

And the left.

Face it: they are the flip side of the same coin and it proves nothing for one side to make claims of the other, since in the pointing of a single finger there are usually 3 others pointed back at the source.

I don't agree at all. I was Republican for 40 years, until they became insane.

The left is not like the right when it comes to attacking the opposition. The right has that "bottled and packaged".

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   

I see. So all the attacks on Bush were...what? Obama and company blaming Bush for stuff 6 years later is .. what? What about attacks on Reagan? Name one president who blamed stuff on the previous admin, before Obama, that is, let alone 6 years later. Don't get me wrong, there is plenty to condemn on the right....just as there is plenty to condemn on the left. Just do not fool yourself into believing the left does not attack the right. Perhaps you should ask Palin? A well known liberal has been quoted, on air, as calling Palin a "dumb c*nt". Perhaps she is not the sharpest needle in the haystack, but she hardly deserves that kind of public treatment. I could say the same about Pelosi ("the nation of Africa", amongst other notable quotes) but I will not stoop so low.

The attacks on religion? Let's see... Ignorance? Oh, and what about attacks on Tea Party? What is that?

If the left is so tolerant, then why is it that there are so many attacks on people of faith? I mean, you know, they are ignorant for believing such unprovable gunk, right?

I myself have called out liberals for lumping conservatives all in one pot, whether it be ignorant, racist or whatever...the very act of referring to all conservatives as thinking along the same lines is an act of bigotry, and incorrect to boot. There are just as many racists in the demo party as in the repub party. The left just doesn't see it, or believe it. Since they are "progressive", there can be no racism on their part, right Mr. Senator Reid?

Perhaps you should peruse the religious and political forums here on ATS to see how the attacks are flying both ways...

Take off those rose colored glasses and see what is true.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join