It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

4 Hours to EDIT My A$$!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Domo1
a reply to: jude11

I'm pretty sure the 4 hour thing is just something that hasn't been fixed yet to reflect actual time allotted. I think that's what Springer meant when he said 2 pages on inaccurate php information. What is a php? Beats me. OK I Googled it and am now fairly certain that's what he meant.

No he referred to "2 pages of thread" over a line of old php coding that probably right now nobody knows (or cares) where it is since its not their priorities - btw php is a programming language.

Edit: its now officially the 3rd page.
edit on 1-9-2014 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: violet
a reply to: calstorm

Me too. I have the worst typos. I don't see them in preview. It's when I go back to read it. Looks like I can't spell or have poor grammar. Or the apple autocorrect puts some dumb word in.

this is my problem too, some times i dont notice till its too late and when you leave words like "not" it makes your post have the complete opposite meaning.

like if you say "guns should be given to kids"

what you mean is "guns should not be given to kids"

But if you dont spot it in time, its permanent

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Nobody has yet pointed this out;
When you go into "edit" on a post, there is a message about the edit box telling you how much time you have got left.
This message counts down from 120 minutes, which is two hours in the rest of the universe.
Once THAT time expires, you get that new message which rests on the unconscious assumption that 1 hour is 30 minutes. That is all. A miscalculation.

So it is NOT a time-zone issue. But I think it used to be a timezone issue, because the barrier went down when it was midnight at some point in the U.S. That's why that explanation keeps being put forward.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI

Nobody has yet pointed this out;
When you go into "edit" on a post, there is a message about the edit box telling you how much time you have got left.
This message counts down from 120 minutes, which is two hours in the rest of the universe.
Once THAT time expires, you get that new message which rests on the unconscious assumption that 1 hour is 30 minutes. That is all. A miscalculation.

So it is NOT a time-zone issue. But I think it used to be a timezone issue, because the barrier went down when it was midnight at some point in the U.S. That's why that explanation keeps being put forward.

Nope.

Mine says "4 hours" Always has/

Peace

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: violet

This is my problem. I have seen the 4 hour notice several times, much less than 4 hours after I post.

Even the preview feature does not help me with my typos. I know what I wrote, so when I make I typo I generally know my thought and just look right through a typo. That is until I walk away and come back.

Frustrating...
edit on 1-9-2014 by jrod because: a

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: jrod
a reply to: violet

This is my problem. I have seen the 4 hour notice several times, much less than 4 hours after I post.

Even the preview feature does not help me with my typos. I know what I wrote, so when I make I typo I generally know my thought and just look right through a typo. That is until I walk away and come back.

Frustrating...

Ive been leaving words out a lot recently, its really annoying, and like we are saying if you dont spot it in time to edit it, you can look like a total ass.

Some times i want to PM mods and say "i cant edit this, can you for me its been over 4 hours and i left out somthing important" but i doubt they would.

edit on b2323908 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11
Mine says "4 hours" Always has/

You misunderstand me, because that's not the message I'm talking about.
Post a comment, and then go into "edit" almost immediately afterwards.
You will see an open "edit" box, a line of icons just above that, and just above the line of icons a message which will probably say "Apply your edit; You have 119 minutes to edit this post". That message will count down from 120 minutes, and when that time expires you get the "4 hours" message instead.

edit on 1-9-2014 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

The code just needs to be updated that says 4 hours...simple fix for a computer coder.

Though I have been tempted to take a screen shot of what I wrote and compare it later just for my sanity.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
I've never get the countdown. I must be really slow to edit. I just see it expired.

I only wish I could edit emails and texts. I will write I just got laid instead of paid lol.
I never learnt to type properly either and do the one finger way. So I'm terrible at typos, even after I check. Looks fine until I hit send.

Yesterday I was smart enough to draft an email to my lawyer and look at this morning. Oh boy it was not making sense at all. Good thing I checked it.

edit on 1-9-2014 by violet because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

..but he's not complaining about the edit lock, but the fact that it doesn't actually give you the stated 4 hours.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
I am LOL at the people who said do it right the first time.. then had to edit

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   
You know I understand completely.
I often think in Mandarin Chinese and try and type in to English.
Doesn't always come out very readable.

So, I have to edit it many times and I'll delete the previous edit explanation at the bottom of the screen because I'm Embarrassed of how many times I had to come back for spelling.

Then my husband will read the post or thread and say, dear this line make very little sense. But it's to late after an hour or so.

I have friends from Hong Kong and China and my husband has friends I know their Vietnamese wives here, All come to ATS, but none will post because of their English, Once some of them did and the Grammar Police Made them Lose Face, Greatly Embarrassed them and they know longer post.

I'm stronger than most I think, plus if I find you, you'll wish I hadn't

I wish the Search Function Worked or is it just me?

edit on 2-9-2014 by guohua because: I'll leave this one, edited for my bad spelling, and writing in Chinese.

edit on 2-9-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   
NVM
edit on 2-9-2014 by calstorm because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Yes, it's a First World Problem. We get that, Springer, but I must say your attitude of derision is puzzling. I've never seen you do that before. The fact is that it SAYS you have 4 hours and you have less than half that. Would it be terribly difficult for you to change that numeral "4" to a numeral "1"? That isn't a coding challenge that is beyond your techies, is it? I'll bet even you could find the place in the code and edit it, probably in less time than it took to make fun of people posting here. That wouldn't take you away from your more important duties of pretending to deny ignorance, would it?

I surely hope not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join