It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Tube warning for 1st Sept..

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I'm sceptical about this - to the extent that I think it's a hoax. If a credible threat exists, the government will go public with a warning. They wouldn't dare to do otherwise. Coverage in the media: zero.

However, I suspect this story may have its origins in truth. There is a Nato summit this week in South Wales, and something like 8,000 officers are being drafted in from all over Britain, including London, to help in the security operation. I saw six vanloads of police driving through Bath today: they certainly weren't expecting a riot in the Royal Crescent or insurrection in the Roman baths.

The police will be guarding against possible terrorist attack and - more worryingly in my view, because I doubt they'll be able to curb their enthusiasm to crack a few heads open - anti-war demonstrations.

www.walesonline.co.uk...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Isn't there a speech expected today in parliament for new anti-terror measures?

Let's hope and pray its in relation to this and it's to show that the government is beefing up security and police on public transport.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
The police are calling it a hoax.

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Apparently, it's a hoax...

www.theguardian.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Assuming there was a threat, it is probably defused by the announcement that the authorities know about it. I mean, the terrorists lose the element of surprise and probably call off their plans. Then everybody says the police are crying wolf and tend not to heed warnings because nothing ever happens. So while I recognize that the police are obligated to warn people to be alert or avoid certain areas, it also makes it that much harder to catch the terrorists who will now go further underground or switch to Plan B that the cops don't know about. No way to win really.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sublimecraft
a reply to: ladyteeny

In my opinion, if there is a terrorist attack, a government agency will be behind it.

So in your opinion, there are no actual terrorists in the world with their own agendas? Curious theory.

Fits right in around here though, where there are oddly no mentally disturbed murderers, mass murderers, suicides if you are a banker, or heck.. even natural disaster. Everything is NWO, HAARP, U.S. government (apparently only the U.S. government is evil enough to do these acts), or a false-flag for some agenda.

Yea.. nothing is an event, everything is planned. Sure.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The UK Home Office international terrorism threat level is at Severe:

Home Office Terrorism and National Emergency Web Page

From the page:

There are 5 levels of threat:

low - an attack is unlikely
moderate - an attack is possible but not likely
substantial - an attack is a strong possibility
severe - an attack is highly likely
critical - an attack is expected imminently

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneNationUnder
Apparently, it's a hoax...

www.theguardian.com...

Strange???

On the first page of this thread we have a member saying this "Just spoke to a friend who is a police officer. She said its true but not sure why.

Maybe it is a drill? "

And then you get the media saying it is a hoax...

Kindest respects

Rodinus

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:22 AM
link   
a reply to: Rodinus

On the first page of this thread we have a member saying this "Just spoke to a friend who is a police officer. She said its true but not sure why.

I should imagine there were/are a few police officers who bought into the hoax also.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:11 AM
link   

I hope you all over there are safe.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 03:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: fleabit

originally posted by: Sublimecraft

In my opinion, if there is a terrorist attack, a government agency will be behind it.

So in your opinion, there are no actual terrorists in the world with their own agendas? Curious theory.

Fits right in around here though, where there are oddly no mentally disturbed murderers, mass murderers, suicides if you are a banker, or heck.. even natural disaster. Everything is NWO, HAARP, U.S. government (apparently only the U.S. government is evil enough to do these acts), or a false-flag for some agenda.

Yea.. nothing is an event, everything is planned. Sure.

I've also noted that the intensity of "inside jobs by the evil west" is proportionate to the popularity of ATS and that prior to ATS existing all plane accidents were accidents......

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 04:10 AM
link   
bah! i feel like a dumba$$ for posting it up here now... but better safe than sorry i guess

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:56 AM
link   

I wouldn't trust the police statement that was released TBH - they're bound to say that either way.

Don't feel daft - thanks for the heads up...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Is netanyahoo over here as he was at the last one?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theabsolutetruth
The police are calling it a hoax.

www.theguardian.com...

I was told about the threat through my employer a couple of hours ago who are taking it pretty seriously, along with that media and police have been issued with an instruction to not add to the panic.

Was also told that early morning today there were a lot of armed police around the Liverpool St station.

Not sure what to believe - the tube was just as busy as usual for morning rush hour.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

So what we have here is
- confirmed increased police presence.
- the media saying the terrorist threat is a hoax.
- We are now in September - the anniversary of 9/11 coming up.

Looks like law enforcement is beefing up security during the month of September, like they do every year. Terrorists like to strike on holidays and anniversaries. Everyone beefs up security around 9/11 now. That's what I'm seeing ... the annual beefing up of security because of the 9/11 anniversary coming up.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

9/11 is also Benghazi's anniversary...
Embassies are probably on very high alert across the West!

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Yes all of that and the fact Obama will be staying in Cardiff, Wales on Wednesday and Thursday night and flying stateside on Friday. Perhaps he might be spending some time in London before that also.

I live in the London commuter zone and one of the main rail lines are Swansea via Cardiff to London Paddington, which also has a large tube station, deep underground.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Always those people who think they should reason, it`s killing my buzz !

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: chunder

My opinion is that something is going on, intel might have issued an alert and the police aren't putting it out there for fear of panic, also there will be increased security because of the Cardiff NATO summit this week, Obama being in the UK and the fact it is September.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join