It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

London Tube warning for 1st Sept..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Just seen this posted on my fb feed from a Londoner I know...

Don't travel on the tubes tomorrow. Every single police officer in the met has been called into work from 4am onwards, even people on holiday are being told to catch the next flight home. They think there's a terror threat and that it will happen on the tubes tomorrow around the west end area.

whether it's true or not i can't tell, but rather share the info than not. for those of you that have to use the london tubes tomorrow, please be aware and careful

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Are there currently military and/or police terrorist training Drills for these exact spots?

If not, I have Doubt as to the authenticity.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I'd say it's a hoax , if there were a risk the Met would issue a be vigilant warning.
Apparently there was a similar warning last month.
www.snopes.com...

edit on 31-8-2014 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Just spoke to a friend who is a police officer. She said its true but not sure why.

Maybe it is a drill?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ladyteeny

I hope and pray that this is a false alarm; or practice drills put into place.

We just have to (wait and see) what tomorrow brings.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I can see civil war on these lands soon.. The propaganda machine is really stepping up its anti Muslim rhetoric lately..
If an atrocity were to happen on London tubes again and it turns out fanatics were to blame again this country would be in uproar and the already cultural divide would be greater..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Agreed misscurious. America feels more divided than ever also. Disgraceful how far they go to keep us against eachother.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: caladonea

I hope and pray that this is a false alarm; or practice drills put into place.

We just have to (wait and see) what tomorrow brings.

Hopefully nothing i know many people that use the tube daily.
If anything were planned hopefully by it being exposed and out there could prevent it from happening... For now anyway..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"We have activated the established planning mechanisms across the police service, coordinated by me as National Policing Lead on Counter Terrorism. This will lead to enhanced prevention and preparedness.

From this afternoon we will begin to increase our levels of visible patrols and implement other security and protection measures."

content.met.police.uk...

edit to add; i think they're expecting something.
edit on R2014st2014-08-31T15:27:05-05:0020140pm2424 by RoScoLaz4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
whats the point of telling people on holiday to catch the next flight back? if its a london based problem i'm sure there would be enough officers available quicker from around the UK than hoping that they can get their way back from a 12 hour flight?

and lets just say that letting everyone know we need our plod back within x days to meet a terrorist threat will tell them to take a break and perhaps make it a few weeks away

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Yeah but surely doing that wouldn't require Officers that are on leave to return to work early?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
So first we get FBI guys show up in the UK and now this ?

That`s just typical...

FBI Created 17 False Flag Terrorist Attacks

adask.wordpress.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:46 PM
link   
a reply to: misscurious

There is a lot of speculation about ISIS right now and recruits from Europe who have passports to go back and forth etc.; also the same speculations about some U.S. people too.

Really...to me these are very concerning and scarey times...I keep getting a deep intuitive feeling that next summer (the (you know what) is going to hit the fan).

I think we all should stock up on extra of everything.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Ahh, don't worry. I'm sure our media will mess up the reporting as usual. Just like when building 7 was reported as having collapsed when it was still standing or the interview about drills on 7/7 for bombs on trains and buses.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: caladonea

Honestly don't worry too much. You can blame the government mouthpiece media for creating the climate of fear we live in, which appears worse now due to the speed and abundance of information.

I remember growing up with the IRA carrying out regular bombing campaigns. When was the last terror attack on British soil? I remember growing up with the threat of MAD. Pandemics, natural disasters, all that crap was forced down our throats. The fear has always been there, its how they rule us. They divide us and keep us afraid, that way they can deal with us easier.

Its always prudent to be prepared for the worst, and take nothing for granted. But all said and done, its just business as usual really. This is the human race.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   

In my opinion, if there is a terrorist attack, a government agency will be behind it.

They will announce within 30 minutes exactly who orchestrated it and will already have a plan to attack that country.

If there is a terrorist attack, be more concerned about liberties and the governments intention to take them away so one is "safer".

This is the pattern so far when 'terrorists' attack.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:30 PM
link   
It does sound like something going on, otherwise a silly misuse of essential manpower.

People are getting more and more suspicious of terrorists and the government.

Some might even wonder if the government had been blackmailed by terrorist paedophiles. The celebrity scandals that were covered such as Saville, the Rotherham cases that were covered, the terrorists roaming around and being invited and paid for. Disgusting. They are supposed to work for the people and that includes safety and freedom.

I have some Asian male neighbours and some recently returned from being away sporting QSIS beards and suitcases and are sometimes seen about 3 cars in a row shifting cases of stuff from one car to the other in the early hours of the morning.

I have also seen police cars looking like they are spying on them.

I also have to make some rail journeys and conscious not to book on the 11th September and also of going on the tubes in London.

We should be able to live in peace free from terrorism.
edit on 31-8-2014 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:43 PM
link   
With the Scottish Referendum only weeks away I think theres a good chance things could happen to threaten or stop the vote. Add to that the chief of police seemingly deciding on his own that Scottish officers will carry and theres a feeling of unease. And of course, the ukip party and the Loyal Orange Lodge are planning on huge marches just before the referendum......we live in strange times.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:01 PM
link   
That sounds more like a tactic to get everyone onto the buses. Having blown buses on TV would appear more dramatic than a tube train.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   
If there's no official drill than its a false alarm or scare tactic, if there's official drills taking place best not go anywhere.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join