It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas and President Abbas agree on plan for independent Palestinian state

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Hamas and Palestinian President Mahmoud Abbas have reportedly agreed on a set of plans aimed at establishing an independent Palestinian state. The plans have been split into three parts:

1) Allowing the USA to construct a proposed map of Palestinian borders within a period of 4 months, with the goal of obtaining Israeli support. If both parties agree to the proposed map, negotiation will begin and Israel would have to provide a map of their proposed territory.

2) If (1) fails, The Palestinian leadership will engage the UN, with the support of Arab nations, to seek the eviction of “Israel from the land of Palestine.”

3) If both (1) and (2) fail, Palestine will seek to join international treaties, including the International Criminal Court, and file charges of war crimes against individuals within the Israeli government.

The plans were approved by the PLO last week, and interestingly enough, the plans were agreed to by both Hamas and Abbas. Many like to point out that Hamas seeks only the destruction of Israel and will not negotiate. The above proposals seem to indicate that Hamas has sought to alter their political objectives, which is a welcome change.

Israel's not going to be happy!

Sources:

www.jpost.com...
rt.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: daaskapital

I don't see how this shows Hamas has changed. Hamas wants an internationally recognized state from which to keep attacking from. Much easier for them to conduct attacks that way.

Let's put a 4) there.

4) If Israel agrees, and Palestinians keep launching attacks into Israel, Israel has the right to occupy the entire land and kick all Palestinians out.

Let's do it.
edit on 31-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:22 AM
link   
" Hamas and President Abbas agree on plan for independent Palestinian state "

It's another stall tactic.

It'll never work in a million years.

3) If both (1) and (2) fail, Palestine will seek to join international treaties, including the International Criminal Court, and file charges of war crimes against individuals within the Israeli government.

Where's Kofi Annan ??

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Guaranteed to fail as israel considers palestinian land to be israeli land ..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Many like to point out that Hamas seeks only the destruction of Israel and will not negotiate. The above proposals seem to indicate that Hamas has sought to alter their political objectives, which is a welcome change.

Or, they had just ran out of fireworks to shoot at the Israel at the moment?

Remember, they are a terrorist organization that uses humans as shields...
edit on 724k2014Sundayam014 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:01 AM
link   

It's clever asking the US to outline their border for their state, because Israel will have to admit to all of the illegal establishments within the West Bank and basically let the world know or (if it ever saw fruition - which is unlikely) the Palestinians would be allowed to kick the illegal Israeli settlers out without any interference.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You don't get it. It's very clever and kinda funny.

Also your post is indicative of the not getting it.. because they haven't changed they were willing to negotiate.

Let's not forget that Israel started this most recent battle.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   

4) If Israel agrees, and Palestinians keep launching attacks into Israel, Israel has the right to occupy the entire land and kick all Palestinians out.

All of them???
That's very democratic & righteous of you... Your high horse must be in the clouds!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: GogoVicMorrow

You don't get it. It's very clever and kinda funny.

Also your post is indicative of the not getting it.. because they haven't changed they were willing to negotiate.

Let's not forget that Israel started this most recent battle.

Then wanting to continue attacking and remove the State of Israel off the map is clever and funny? You are right, I don't get it. If that's what is amusing to you ... hard to say any more without breaking T&C.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

All of them???
That's very democratic & righteous of you... Your high horse must be in the clouds!!!

Seems like giving them what they want is Democratic and righteous. Seems like if they can't stop their bloodthirst then they have done it to themselves. Seems like you only don't like the idea because you know they are not interested in peace.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Who Palestinians or Hamas???

They can't be human shields and complicit accomplices???

The pro-Zion faction need a new play book!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: CharlieSpeirs

Who Palestinians or Hamas???

They can't be human shields and complicit accomplices???

The pro-Zion faction need a new play book!

Hamas was democratically elected to lead them. Last I checked Hamas were Palestinians. If they stop being human shields and complicit accomplices, if the attacks stop, then there's no problem any more. I really have no idea what you are saying as your post has nothing at all to do with mine. Maybe you can clarify?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Sure...

You said...

4) kick all Palestinians out.

I said...

All of them?

You said...

Seems like if they can't stop their bloodthirst then they have done it to themselves.

Them I referred you to innocent "human shields"...

And here we are!
You still haven't given a straight answer so I'm guessing this is going nowhere, slowly!

By the way, the election that Hamas "won" was a bloody coup...
I don't believe for one minute that vote would have been recognised had it been in Ukraine!!!
That's not a drift, it's a comparison to the Western hypocrisy...
Is Hamas even recognised by the international community???
If not then my point is moot, but I'm sure you're intelligent enough to understand what I'm saying!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: CharlieSpeirs

Well there you go.

I never said that any more than you said ....

Hamas faction need a new play book!

If I do what you did I can make you out to say just about anything. Next time you quote me, actually quote me and don't put whatever you want down.
edit on 31-8-2014 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:55 PM
link   
But we did both just say them things...
The difference is I'm not denying it!!!

And still no straight answer...

Nowhere...Slowly!

edit on 31-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!!!

Edit: Looking back I never said that I said the pro-Zion faction... But yeah I'm no Hamas supporter so bravo that was clever!
You did say kick all Palestinians out... Read your post!!!

edit on 31-8-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Stated!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

This is so silly. If the Palestinians want their own state, Israel should demand that they have their own government in place first. Considering that the Palestinian Authority and Hamas agreed on a "united" government back in April and agreed to hold elections by October, let them prove they're capable of holding an election without a coup before any compromising on giving them a state to govern. To be perfectly honest, I always thought Hamas starting this last battle with Israel was an effort to delay elections again! These elections were supposed to take place 7 years ago, but Hamas keeps putting it off, knowing full well that they might be thrown out of power.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Zoom: The sound of information going through your head without you stopping to comprehend it.

Your claim.

My actual quote.

See the difference? If not there's no point in continuing.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Then I clearly asked Palestinians or Hamas...
To which you've ignore since my first response...

You know what I said, you know what you said...
I had the courtesy to clarify & explain...
You haven't!!!
Good day!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:22 PM
link   

No, to which I replied Palestinians elected Hamas to lead them.

If they grow some balls, denounce terrorism, and work on destroying any group from their ranks that attacks Israel, that's different. Let's be honest, do you really think that will happen? I don't. I would be pleasantly surprised if it happened.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:33 PM
link   

You said all Palestinians & the entire region...

This is about the West Bank as well... Nothing to do with whoever "voted" for Hamas in Gaza!!!

<<   2 >>

join