It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disturbing! Police Departments Losing Humvees And Military Weapons

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Story

Fusion’s investigation discovered that 184 state and local police agencies have been suspended from Program 1033 because the agencies have lost track of the weapons they were given. The media outlet found that there is an outstanding pattern of missing M14 and M16 rifles throughout the United States. Missing pistols, shotguns and Humvees were also noted.

States including Mississippi, California, Georgia, Arizona and Arkansas have been found to be missing various weapons allocated by the program.

The Pentagon clarified that no police agencies were suspended from Program 1033 because of their usage of the weapons.

This is mind blowing! Where are these actual assault weapons going?

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Our trusted LEO's would never abuse the 1033 program for personal gain.

Not a single one of those AR's has been re-sold by an officer. None of the guns in their personal collections were provided by the taxpayer. There is no need to check under that big green mil-spec tarp in Officer Barbrady's backyard.
edit on 30-8-2014 by OpenMindedRealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
Story

Fusion’s investigation discovered that 184 state and local police agencies have been suspended from Program 1033 because the agencies have lost track of the weapons they were given. The media outlet found that there is an outstanding pattern of missing M14 and M16 rifles throughout the United States. Missing pistols, shotguns and Humvees were also noted.

States including Mississippi, California, Georgia, Arizona and Arkansas have been found to be missing various weapons allocated by the program.

The Pentagon clarified that no police agencies were suspended from Program 1033 because of their usage of the weapons.

This is mind blowing! Where are these actual assault weapons going?

Don't worry it's only a sideways transfer, they just lost the paperwork, Donald will know all about !
edit on 30-8-2014 by smurfy because: OOPS!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

They are taking them home. They take home stuff from the evidence lockers all the time.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I agree many are likely in the homes or on the streets. But how do you lose a Humvee?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Go check the officers garages and country properties. Deer camps equiped with Humvees.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   
LEO are stock piling for the coming civil war, isn't that obvious?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

I bet this is how ISIS got their hands on them.

When I was in Iraq there was a division supply Sgt who was cooking the books. He made it look like Brigade, Batallion, and Company supplies were short. Word was he was selling the stuff on the black market.

He ended up trying to cover it up when one person found out and 2 ended up dying from a claymore he set up outside a window. He tried to make it look like a mortar which happened everyday in Tikrit (FOB Danger).

Turns out he was acquitted of premeditated murder. Soldier acquitted

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OpenMindedRealist

Not a single one of those AR's has been re-sold by an officer. None of the guns in their personal collections were provided by the taxpayer. There is no need to check under that big green mil-spec tarp in Officer Barbrady's backyard.

That's incorrect. The "AR" they are issued are usually M16's loaned to them by the Government. You cannot sell them and a gun shop would not buy them seeing as they're marked as "Property of the United States Government". Anyone who owns it, other then the person they're issued to, would have allot of explaining to do and probably legal trouble.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: kx12x

Right, I forgot to mention that no LEO has ever broken the law.

www.policemag.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IncognitoGhostman

Wow! I had never heard that story. That is disturbing that he murdered to cover it up. Corruption in the military supply chain is common, one of the biggest drug smugglers brought it in via coffins....I can't recall his name.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Maybe SWAT should go kick down the doors of every officer of all 184 state and local agencies and do some warranted searches to find all this missing gear.

You know, smash a window, toss in a flash-bang grenade kick in the door, cuff the wife and kids and generally terrorize the entire household then tear the property apart looking for missing M14's and M16's.
Oh and don't forget to check the garage for a missing Humvee!

You know dam well they would be doing it if this was a civilian scenario.

I can see some stuff going missing from 5 or 6 agencies. Miscounted inventories the odd theft etc... but 184!!
And how the hell does a friggin Humvee go missing?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We had a 1033 rifle go "missing."

What happened was the officer it was issued to turned it into equipment issue for repair.

It sat there for a couple of days.

A new hire needed a rifle so he was brought to equipment issue. The person working equipment issue when the new officer approached was different then the person working when the officer who was actually assigned the rifle turned it in.

Apparently when the rifle was turned in for repair the equipment person working at the time either wrote down the wrong serial number or forgot to.

It took a week or so to sort out the issue and actually figure out what happened.

Nothing nefarious, just a human error. Obviously it shouldn't of happened but again human error.

I would hazard a guess that most of the "missing" rifles are clerical/human errors and are actually not missing like on the streets or in an officers home.

As for a humvee missing, I have no clue. We don't have any.
edit on 30-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2014 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here in CT. my town and two others combined have a swat team and a 8 wheeled armored APC...Why?
Our town is suburban with 30,000 people Easton has 16,000 and monroe 22,000.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:12 PM
link   
" Disturbing! Police Departments Losing Humvees And Military Weapons "

Sounds like a major skimming operation in progress.

But maybe just the typical bureaucratic boondoggling and anonymity.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:21 PM
link   
a reply to: ShadowLink

Maybe it was camouflaged.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:56 PM
link   
a reply to: LDragonFire

I agree. The gear is going to the state militias, apparently.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: windword
Do they make city camo humvees!? I totally want to see that!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword
a reply to: ShadowLink

Maybe it was camouflaged.

Or,

It's painted with transparent paint.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: windword
Do they make city camo humvees!? I totally want to see that!!

Yes.

They use concrete-asphalt spray.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join