It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why are people avoiding the crazy lady?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Thurisaz

No problem!

Also, I think your current avatar image is just beautiful! It is such an evocative image, like dusty wings unfurling...very thought provoking indeed!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I think homemade prozac might be in order (icecream).

Have lots - lot's is always better than some.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

thx
the avatar is from a french artist who used nude models and dust.
Ludovic Florent

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I have some ice cream in the freezer and I might just do that. I usually have a cup of tea before bed... I am not sure how they will mix in my belly together.

lol

hahaha = if I get a stomach ache... I will have something else to have a winge about. LOL

edit on CDT10uSat, 30 Aug 2014 10:05:34 -05000534am241 by Thurisaz because: add

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
If the OP replied to every poster, all threads would go on and on and on and on and on and on etc.

I figure if I have the last post on a thread, then I had the final and best word on the subject.

I won't reply to people who are simply making a joke or off the wall comment, or sometimes a comment so weird that to answer would be to get more of the same into the thread.

Sometimes I am just done dealing with the person who is posting

I wish we were allowed to just say thank you because since we are not, that is all I have to say when a star isn't enough in my eyes

By the way, clicking on a star alone is a way of responding

I think the polite OP, gives nearly everyone a star, unless they are rude or mean or nasty

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: VegHead

I don't need validation... but don't you think a response is polite or courteous?

maybe cos I am older, I think differently...?

I wouldn't worry about it. You've accumulated more flags on your thread than individuals posting. You might wonder why those contributors didn't leave a comment.

Me ... I hope I've never offended anyone who left a reply, but sometimes I don't see a reason to put any extra thoughts behind or against their statement. Sometimes ... it just seems proper to let something stand on its own weight. YMMV

I'd love to create more threads than I have. Tending them takes a certain talent ... more than creating them (I think). I find myself sending suggestions to the better thread writers on subjects they're good with. Kind of a cop-out, but better for the site (IMVHO).

FTR, I don't recall seeing anything crazy about your contributions ... and you more often than not get a star from me for it.

-Cheers
edit on 3082014 by Snarl because: Grammar sight - site

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   

That is old school. Some folks come here daily, others weekly, others rarely, some hourly...others on-all-the-time.

It wrong for you to think a post which you made should be replied to. You did your part. You posted. That should suffice. Your opinion was heard.

No member is required to respond to anything. And its not dis-courteous not to. You should not expect them to either. You stated your point.

Move along!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

a reply to: daaskapital

This was an excellent response. For anyone with hurt feelings or with feelings that they might be ignored ... this is worth re-reading. Lots of people read posts and don't respond. Lots of people also respond with a simple flag or star. And still others get busy with real life and forget to come back and read or say something. No response doesn't necessarily equal 'being ignored'. Most of ATS doesn't get that personal, IMHO. daaskapitals remarks were spot on.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Look at the good side...

Sometimes its best that posters don't reply.

There are far too many on ATS that appear to be incapable of carrying on a normal conversation.

I'm always glad when I don't see a reply from them.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:43 PM
link   
There's probably a couple of factors that could attribute to what you're seeing in regards to your OP.

First one is that a lot of people skip quite a large bit of content. They will read the OP, maybe some of the posts on the first page, and then skip to the last page to see the latest replies or information regarding the topic. If they do that, and you're somewhere in the middle, your message was never seen.

Second one is that, frankly, in the society that we have on the internet today, it's all about consumption.

In other words, the vast majority of people reading forums simply consume the information and move on. Like locusts.

You can think of things this way... it's well known that when a company receives reviews on their products, it's only a small minority of people represented. Perhaps, at maximum, 1 person in 100 will give a review, good or bad, and most of those will be negative, because those that are satisfied with the product will just use the product and move on without a need to say a word.

It's that way with forums, as well.

So, OP, don't take things personally. It's either a thing of you've been skipped over completely, or you were consumed by a locust.
Circle of life lol

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:51 PM
link   

At least your threads are allowed to remain up for people to respond to.

I have started an intimate relationship with 404 or "moved" to the cyber purgatory.

edit on 30-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Sometimes there is just nothing more to say. You can always talk but you dont always say something.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Slightly off topic but I've never seen a forum with so many great avatar pics, just whoa.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:20 AM
link   

I posted on page 2 of another thread and everyone ignored me. Now it is page 4 and no-one has even replied. Not even the OP so that sux.

Yes it happens, to me quite a bit.

I am going to make a note to myself of all the Members that I contribute to in their threads, if they don't even have the courtesy to reply, then I will never respond to any of their other threads.

lol sounds immature doesn't it.

Yes, very.

Are you still drunk and posting?

Cmon you have been a member much longer than I have, you should have caught on by now that its not just what you post but how readers feel at the time of reading what you post and sometimes no reply is made but that does not mean the post is meaningless if there is no reply.

As VegHead said in the 2nd post to your thread

Sorry you are disappointed... but an online forum is the last place your should seek validation.

Too true.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:25 AM
link   

a reply to: guohua

oh I am not referring to my own threads...

I am talking about when I post a reply in another Member's thread and they just ignore it. I think that is rude.
Bad manners. Maybe I am old school.

Depending on what the post says right?

I mean if you ask a question then you would expect a reply but if you just simply make a post in agreement or share your opinion of the subject at hand do you still expect a reply?

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I don't respond to things all the time...I used to always make sure I responded to everyone, but I found myself saying things I didn't even feel like saying. Posting became a chore. I would rather have the posts I make actually be meaningful, say things I actually mean and care about, feel like saying, rather than just saying words I don't even feel a connection to in response to someone to be polite.
edit on 2-9-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 06:53 AM
link   

a reply to: BasementWarriorKryptonite

I am not sure what you mean about the 'front parlour'.

if a person replies to one of your threads... isn't it good manners to reply?

No not always, if the OP dose not think your comment is relevant to their thread.

Sorry, sounds harsh but it is a plain fact.

But I do see where you are coming from. Many people post replies to threads, thinking what they have said is relevant and worthy of being refuted or discussed. It is human nature to want to input and be responded to, in order to feel validated or that you have contributed. But sometimes what you say may just be irrelevant to others, too out there or just plain dumbass (regardless how you perceive your post personally).

Don't feel bad about it, just move on and try another thread.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join