It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What,,,Obama needs to appoint a Marshmallow Czar

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Please, Obama, Give Me a Break,,,How many years have people, been having a Marshmallow Roast with their kids with out safety Tips or Michelle Obama Health Tips on Healthy Eating at a Marshmallow Roast.

The U.S. Forest Service on Friday published a nearly 700-word article on how to safely roast marshmallows, all in preparation for Saturday, which is National Roasted Marshmallow Day.

As one might expect, the article is riddled with safety tips that might make you think twice about even carrying matches into the forest at all, let alone actually igniting a marshmallow and putting your family’s life at risk.

Yes, people, if you're Way to stupid to Roast a Marshmallow,,,,,,What makes them think you can Read?

“First, let’s talk safety,” the article says. “Never start a campfire when there are fire restrictions in place. The restrictions are put in place for your safety and for the safety of others.”

It also warns that children should be given a stern talking-to before any of the “fun” begins.

“Some experts advocate a 10-foot rule between young children and a campfire,” it reads. “For more information about campfire safety, let Smokey Bear guide you.”

Finally, the article gets down to “marshmallow basics,” and starts by recommending the use of a roasting stick “of at least 30 inches.” That’s two and a half feet, or about half as long or more as the children roasting the marshmallows.

I'm surprised they didn't include a paper measuring tape,,, to you that don't understand the concept of 30 inches or 2 1/2 feet.

The Forest Service admits that most people use roasted marshmallows to make s’mores, and even offers detailed instructions for making one. But it then suggests ways to make s’mores healthy.

It's Michelle's turn to turn your Stomach.

“Think fruit,” it suggests without any hint that it’s joking around.

“Grill thin slices of pineapple and substitute chocolate for the sweet, warm fruit,” it reads. “You will still get a tasty treat but by substituting with fruit, it is healthier – as long as you watch the amount of marshmallows used. If you want to cut down even more on calories, try using slices of angel food cake instead of graham crackers.”

It offers several other ideas, a possible sign that even the U.S. Forest Service has been caught up in First Lady Michelle Obama’s “Let’s Move” campaign.

“Grab a small bag of chocolate or peanut butter chips – or a combination of the two,” it says. “Take a banana and slice one side open, exposing the fruit but leaving the peel intact. Slice the banana, add a few chocolate chips then top with tiny marshmallows. Or substitute the chips for blueberries from the local farmer’s market. Place the banana in aluminum foil and wrap tightly. Place the foil-wrapped fruit next to but not on the flames. Wait five to 10 minutes or enough time for the chips and marshmallows to melt. Open and enjoy with a spoon.”

And if a whole marshmallow is a littleText the article suggests scrapping the whole idea of roasting marshmallows, and instead using marshmallow creme out of a jar.

“Put a piece of fruit on a roasting stick, dip quickly in the crème and roast over indirect heat until a delicious golden brown,” it says. “You’re still having campfire fun, but the focus is on a healthier evening snack.”

Thank You For Destroying a Great Tradition,,,,, Yes, Only Like, Obama and Michelle Can!!
Link

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:05 PM
link   
So Barrack thinks we're too dumb to roast marshmallow and Michael don't want any of us to eat good tasting food. It's none of their business. What has happened to my country?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Why is this obamas fault that the forest service came out with this?
Not even the blaze tried to put this on him and that is saying something.
I agree they went far with the roasting tips, but is this really much different then the old smokey the bear ads?
They are just focusing on a very common activity while camping

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Why can't they just put fire retardant in marshmallows?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I think it is pretty obvious that marshmallows need to be banned.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Like they have on Cigarettes now?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

That's right, the progressive's wants us to Roast Fruit, Because Michelle say's it's Healthier and we're all FAT!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

At least heavily regulated with sterno canisters !!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: guohua

originally posted by: xuenchen

Like they have on Cigarettes now?

And next, they can install miniature fire alarms !!

With warning signals too....

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Not even the blaze tried to put this on him and that is saying something.
I agree they went far with the roasting tips, but is this really much different then the old smokey the bear ads?
They are just focusing on a very common activity while camping

For the simple reason, I googled it and couldn't find it any where else that a POTUS had an agency under his direct control,,,,suggest through his wife how to make a healthier S'mores or Roast a Marshmallow or the Exact length a stick should be for the Roasting of said Marshmallow.

But you go ahead and defend Obama.
edit on 29-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Sremmos80

Well it has to be Obama's doing.

Too many petty picayune nit-picky details that are too small to fail.

Only Progressives nit-pick like this.

So it must be Obama's.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I don't know about you, But my husband is Old Enough to Remember Smokey the Bear,,,,
He said he doesn't ever recall old smoky telling anyone to cut a stick at least 30 inches long.

What he remembers is pour and stir and pour and stir and be-sure the fire is out.
Not a Damn Progressive Hand Book and the Length of you branch and the with of the clear area and the next Five Hundred Pages Dedicated to Michelle and her idea of Healthy Eating!!

edit on 29-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Well I just heard a newsflash !!!

Monsanto, after reading these instructions, are ready to announce a new genetically modified wood.

They are gene-splicing a 36" ruler into a tree.

They are calling it a "Genetically Modified Yardstick"

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Dear Leader, save me from myself. But, keep me from defending myself from others.

edit on 29-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2014 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Not defending just calling it how it is. If barry ordered them to this then sure blame away, if they did it on their own accord then how is it his doing?

But if course since they are just trying to say hey this might stop fires then of course it is nanny liberal progressive gov.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: Sremmos80

Not defending just calling it how it is. If barry ordered them to this then sure blame away, if they did it on their own accord then how is it his doing?

But if course since they are just trying to say hey this might stop fires then of course it is nanny liberal progressive gov.

How are they JUST trying to say this might stop fires when they suggest heating fruit slices over an open fire?
It is nanny state!
They are suggesting a diet for everyone to follow at a campfire.... because we can't even be trusted to eat without their help.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Surprised they didn't tag Michael Bloomberg for the post as this seems right up his fascist-like alley. Why he could be bossing most of the US campers, boy scouts, girl scouts and even make house calls when someone is having a BBQ.

I think this is from a newscast of Michelle talking to her advisers about this very important safety topic.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

Suggesting being the key word, you don't have to follow the suggestion.
Just like you don't have to follow the other points in the presentation.
If they outlawed marshmallows cause they were deemed unhealthy, or forced you to use the 30 in sticks or they would fine you then sure, over stepping nanny gov.
When they are not forcing you to do anything, the gov is not stepping into your life

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:11 PM
link   

You suggested that they were just trying to prevent fires.
They suggested that we heat fruit slices over an open fire.
If I were trying to prevent fires, I would suggest not lighting a fire.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:07 PM
link   
The federal government, as has been pointed out, has no business even thinking about this. It is not their responsibility, it is not in their job description.

Someone got paid for writing up this article and it went through at least two levels of editing, then it was almost certainly sent to Michelle's people for review.

This is work that should not be undertaken, and the people doing that work should be told they are "non-essential" employees, meaning "We don't want you hanging around any more, go find a real job." The government is spending more than it takes in? Then stop spending it on stuff like this. Which taxpayer said "Please take my money and use it for this?"

The fact that it even was considered as a project for some writer tells us about the priorities the White House is inculcating it's staffers with. How can this not be Obama's responsibility? It's his wife that's pushing for roasted fruit and "healthy" camping snacks. Do you want to spend a day tramping through the woods only to sit down and enjoy a nice hearty dinner of Arugula?

And certainly Obama approves. Now it's in the news, and he finds out about things from the news. Has the writer been fired? Any of his supervisors? Any statement about how Obama will spend money more wisely in the future?

Everything that happened in the Bush administration was Bush's fault. Fine, if those are the rules, Game On!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join