It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Dakota has been illegally taking children!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
a reply to: jude11

Yes I know about the Massacre at Wounded Knee, and no Custer was not a hero by any means.

The video isn't "Massacre at Wounded Knee" ... 1890, but rather "Siege at Wounded Knee"...1973

1973 was Wounded Knee 2.0

en.wikipedia.org...
The Wounded Knee incident began on February 27, 1973, when approximately 200 Oglala Lakota and followers of the American Indian Movement (AIM) seized and occupied the town of Wounded Knee, South Dakota, on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation. The protest followed the failure of an effort of the Oglala Civil Rights Organization (OSCRO) to impeach tribal president Richard Wilson, whom they accused of corruption and abuse of opponents. Additionally, protestors attacked the United States government's failure to fulfill treaties with Indian people and demanded the reopening of treaty negotiations. Oglala and AIM activists controlled the town for 71 days while the United States Marshals Service, FBI agents, and other law enforcement agencies cordoned off the area.

The first one? Not a proud moment. But the next? Oh Yeah!

Peace

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

That is known as the Wounded Knee Incident in state history but yes I know about it as well. The AIM period was crazy one of my friends mom was on the reservation during that time and said it was scary people were found dead daily.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra
a reply to: Eyemin

UN law is not applicable.
Federal law is to an extent....
[More like fully www.nicwa.org... ]

What does state law say?

State law

This might make you feel better.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
a reply to: antar

Thank you... If some thing comes up i'll try to keep you updated

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

"Nearly 100 percent of the time, Indian children were removed from their homes in those hearings. The average length of time those hearings took was less than 4 minutes." link

It sounds like your friends are doing a hell of a job. I have family and friends in Rapid city, Sioux falls, and Yankton S.D.
On many of my trips up there I have to constantly hear racist remarks about Native Americans, Blacks, and Mexicans.

"I hate to say this but there is a reason the percentage is so high" I wonder why.

Recent reports vary but many point out that the median income on the Pine Ridge Reservation is approximately $2,600 to $3,500 per year. The unemployment rate on Pine Ridge is said to be approximately 83-85% and can be higher during the winter months when travel is difficult or often impossible. According to 2006 resources, about 97% of the population lives below Federal poverty levels.

Link

Add to that, that the hood that you’re livin’
Engineered social condition that breeds crime by design

edit on E14America/Chicago08008 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Those stats are from Pennington Co. and there is a lawsuit in progress. As I said before not all cases are deserving of the sentence.

My recent thread
edit on 30-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 30-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Have you ever heard of a group called "the finders"? There's a documentary about them you can find on youtube. It was intended to be aired on discovery channel, but never was. After watching it, twice, I think there is most definitely systematic kidnapping, child abuse, and selling children into sex slavery in the united states. I don't know about satanic killings, but I have seen videos on youtube where children who have grown up and gotten out of the sex slavery rings say they do make snuff films. This is all coming from the mouths of damaged people though, do not know what to believe. I do think the sex slavery part is very much true though. Cannot discount the other part either I guess.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Bundy

Kinda off topic bud..

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

And that's just the natives! Never mind the courtless/judgeless "guilty until proven innocent" practice that destroys families we so often see perpetrated by the CPS against regular ol' citizens. Many times the system didn't fail because, well, they didn't use the system for it to fail.

If they'll do those things to regular people, considering how various government bodies have ALWAYS treated native Americans, how much worse then do you think they'll treat the natives?

It's a terrible thing, and it's sad to know there isn't much any of us can do about it.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:30 AM
link   
a reply to: JohnFisher

Many times the system didn't fail because, well, they didn't use the system for it to fail.

With 4 minute case hearings that is very much the case

It's a terrible thing, and it's sad to know there isn't much any of us can do about it.

Well I wrote a letter, i know its not a protest, or a fund raiser, but Its something.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   
If what is done to these children disgusts you this much, you should see how children can be treated outside of the U.S. sometime. You would probably spoil yourself on the spot. Best to not say what is done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join