It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

South Dakota has been illegally taking children!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Heard a story and thought I should share. South Dakota has been taking children from their families and placing them in foster care away from their tribes and families in such way that

" Both federal law and the United Nations define this behavior as genocide. "

Lakota Link

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: Eyemin
Heard a story and thought I should share. South Dakota has been taking children from their families and placing them in foster care away from their tribes and families in such way that

" Both federal law and the United Nations define this behavior as genocide. "

Lakota Link

This has been happening for a very long time:

I have followed this for a very long time as well.

It's not getting any better. One of the most Disgusting aspects is the actual tribe members that sign on as "Keepers" of the Lakota but scrape off the top all that the people need.

If you want to learn more go to YT and search "oglala lakota"

Peace

edit on 29-8-2014 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:16 PM
link   
This might explain something! From op's source link

South Dakota designates every Native child in its foster care system as “special needs,” receiving up to $79,000 from the federal government for their care annually, and then forcing many to take mind-altering drugs, even some as young as 18 months of age. Medicare spending for foster care child prescriptions in South Dakota increased more than 1,000 percent in the recent decade, while suicide rates for young Lakota children are 12 times the national average, and among the highest in the world. Some of the suicides are clearly related to the forced medications.

Horrific!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Eyemin

My mom was telling me about this the other day, she works in the pine ridge school district.
It's heart breaking, and the counties/reservations in that area are some of the poorest in the nation.

www.aaanativearts.com...

Buffalo County, South Dakota has the distinction of being the poorest county in the United States. The Crow Creek Indian Reservation inhabited by the Crow Creek Sioux Tribe makes up the majority of Buffalo County. The racial makeup of the county is 81.59% Native American. Living conditions here are comparable to those in Third World countries.
Second ranked Shannon County, South Dakota, which held the distinction of being the poorest county in the US for most of the last twenty years, is entirely within Pine Ridge Reservation. Shannon County has the highest percentage of Native American population and the lowest percentage White population of any county in the United States. The racial makeup of the county is 94.20% Native American. Read more: Half the Top 20 Poorest Counties in America are included in Indian reservations www.aaanativearts.com... Under Creative Commons License: Attribution No Derivatives Follow us: @aaanativearts on Twitter | aanativearts on Facebook

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
This might explain something! From op's source link

South Dakota designates every Native child in its foster care system as “special needs,” receiving up to $79,000 from the federal government for their care annually, and then forcing many to take mind-altering drugs, even some as young as 18 months of age. Medicare spending for foster care child prescriptions in South Dakota increased more than 1,000 percent in the recent decade, while suicide rates for young Lakota children are 12 times the national average, and among the highest in the world. Some of the suicides are clearly related to the forced medications.

Horrific!

Good start but in reality the people are starving because of corruption from not only the FED but from the appointed Native reps. Their own people succumbing to greed.

Not wanting to steal from the OP but this is a topic very near to my heart.

For any:

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I have known about part of this issue in other states. Its not okay.

That being said, I seriously need to know how anyone makes a.child take a medication they don't want to. I have kids that have chewed medicine up and spit it out, thrown it on the floor and stomped on it while declaring that it's now dust and, simply using the word no.

I need these ninja medicine skills where they can actually make a child take medicine.

And why is every child considered special needs? That is just offensive.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
that is horrible...what a sick world we live in.....there is some real evil running things ,we don't need to go to hell to meet the devil he is right here among us

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:34 PM
link   
We always have treated the Native Americans like dirt. We keep them in such poverty and Squalor that they have no hope and no chance of rising up to take a stand.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The children are sold to rich Satanist groups in North America and ritually sacrificed.
ITTCS.org is collecting witness testimony, evidence constantly and has two response teams for immediate intervention of crimes when they tipped-off.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:50 PM
link   

When I go in for kids? The only color I see is red.
But enough of pigmentation. These are the people
who could make a born killer out of anyone. Even the
most passive considers murder one. Our officials in many
situations across the nation should be on everyones hit list.
And everyone of us should have a list.

edit on Rpm82914v552014u24 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Sad story. More trauma to add to new generations.

Some of the things they do here they do in other States as well (with any child). For example, in California if a child is taken, they don't automatically go to grandmas. If grandma doesn't have a bedroom for the child they go to a strangers house. If two children are taken they don't get to sleep in the same bedroom so grandma would need one for each child. So if you don't have a big house you're not going to be able to care for nieces, nephews, grandchildren, siblings if they are taken. Of course, you wouldn't have a lot of bedrooms unless you're well off. How many people who are well off have their children taken from them? Therefore, they should protect all kids from this dumb standard. Being with family is almost always the best thing for the child.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: jude11

"Not wanting to steal from the OP but this is a topic very near to my heart. "

Steal away. Information is much greater then S&F
edit on E14America/Chicago08598 by Eyemin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:30 PM
link   
"Lakota children are more than ten times more likely to be forcibly removed from their parents than Caucasian children, and now comprise about 60% of all foster children in the state. In more than 90% of the cases, simply alleged “neglect,” as opposed to sexual or physical abuse, is given as the reason for the forced taking, sometimes at gunpoint, sometimes while at school, or in the middle of the night. Poverty equals “neglect' in the mind of the State workers. "

I hate to say this but there is a reason the percentage is so high I have several friends that do social work in the area and have to deal with this regularly. Neglect is rampant.

link
link 2

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ParanoidAmerican
"Lakota children are more than ten times more likely to be forcibly removed from their parents than Caucasian children, and now comprise about 60% of all foster children in the state. In more than 90% of the cases, simply alleged “neglect,” as opposed to sexual or physical abuse, is given as the reason for the forced taking, sometimes at gunpoint, sometimes while at school, or in the middle of the night. Poverty equals “neglect' in the mind of the State workers. "

I hate to say this but there is a reason the percentage is so high I have several friends that do social work in the area and have to deal with this regularly. Neglect is rampant.

link
link 2

Yup,

They GIVE the reasons.

Are the REASONS valid?

Please view ALL THE VIDEOS I have posted as well as the many more I can not.

And then come back.

Until then....

Peace

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: Granite

The children are sold to rich Satanist groups in North America and ritually sacrificed.
ITTCS.org is collecting witness testimony, evidence constantly and has two response teams for immediate intervention of crimes when they tipped-off.

Sorry, but this I can't support. I have never seen any info to support this. I hope to hell I'm right because if I'm wrong and you are right...

What I have seen through 8 yrs of research is that the FED and elected reps from the Nation claims are rampant neglect and theft of supplies, land rights, food, school, medical, water rights ...so much more.

As a half-native (an yes, half Ukrainian...DAMN!) I have shamefully left this on the back burner. Not forgotten but festering.. I have to thank the OP for bringing it back. It needs the Limelight.

Peace

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I don't need to watch it, I live it, I see it everyday in the news man. I live right here in the Black Hills. I linked the first two stories I found there are endless numbers of those type of stories. I am not saying every situation deserves it but we have to recognize the level of neglect that is present in many of these cases. The issue is a lot deeper and complex than most of us are willing to look at. More recent
edit on 29-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

edit on 29-8-2014 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:32 PM
link   
a reply to: ParanoidAmerican

Then you know this:

Custer...Such a hero!

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Yes I know about the Massacre at Wounded Knee, and no Custer was not a hero by any means.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   

UN law is not applicable.
Federal law is to an extent.
What does state law say?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Just so sad and wanted to let you know that I am support of this thread. Have no words right now that will make it better.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join