It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Witness UFO in Pennsylvania

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: TiedDestructor

I saw your post , I don't think it's related to the OP video.

No. I'm pretty sure it is.

Paxton township is located in dauphin county which happens to border Lebanon county. This is no coincidence...I do my home work.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: OptimusCrime

I really don't care about your off topic comment. It's a valid question. Now beat it.

Ohhh my, "Off topic"? There is no topic because
you wrote not one word in your opener. That's where
you set the topic and provide the readers with meat for
discussion. You left the topic wide open, but I am still
discussing your thread at least. Beat it? That's very naive
and never works at all around here.

And I certainly never expected you to care about my comment.
Just the guidelines. Happy day!

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: randyvs

I really don't care about your off topic comment. It's a valid question. Now beat it.

Ohhh my, "Off topic"? There is no topic because
you wrote not one word in your opener. That's where
you set the topic and provide the readers with meat for
discussion. You left the topic wide open, but I am still
discussing your thread at least. Beat it? That's very naive
and never works at all around here.

And I certainly never expected you to care about my comment.
Just the guidelines. Happy day!

You come in here criticizing me for sharing a new article. I have no opinion on this topic but I wanted to share it and hear some others who have more experience with these things than myself. It's close to my house so that's the reason I posted it. As far as you being the "Guidelines Police" I think they have moderators for that. I don't think it was necessary to call someone out on a thread others were discussing the actual news article. You could have PM'd me like an adult. So yes, beat it.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:44 PM
link   

I don't have to be a Mod to care about quality.
I click on your thread and see a quote and a link.
I have every right to critisize that because it's not
ATS quality.

"The members are the quality" and if I'd've
known you were going to take it so personal
I prolly would've PMed you. All you had to say is
anything amicable really like maybe, I guess I
didn't understand the guidelines, my bad won't
happen again. Something along those lines.

Instead, well look at you, tell'n people to beat it.
That's gonna fly. W/E just don't reply if you want
me to beat it? That's how you get what you want.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs
You've made 3 posts in this thread, all 3 slating Optimus. To be fair mate he has contributed to this thread quite well and you're the only person who has a problem with him... Not to try and get on the wrong side of anyone here but chill and enjoy the read, let the moderators do the moderating?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: TiedDestructor

Paxton township is located in dauphin county which happens to border Lebanon county. This is no coincidence...I do my home work.

Meeeaanwhile... good find TiedDestructor!
Thank you for taking the time to do up that map.

Actually, lanterns did pop into my head but until you provided the memorial link it seemed like a really silly thing to suggest.

So lets look at what we do know.

1. The object/s was stationary. For good measure, I watched the vid again and it does not say that this "thing" moved until AFTER the cop viewed it through the binoculars. It only states that it changed colour to yellow. Therefore that doesn't rule out the possibility (likelihood) that the cop just thought he saw it move. And this becomes even more likely seeing as there is no further mention of the "thing" moving at any other point in the video. There isn't much explained about this movement in the video either. It is just stated that he saw it move. Well, in what way did it move? How far? How fast?

2. It changed colours. This has already been suggested to be a drone with LED lights, hovering helicopter, planet (Mars) or perhaps the display of lights if this was indeed a sighting of the memorial taking place near that area.

3. According to another member who posted in this thread there is an airbase nearby. However, in the video it states that the police did call Fort Indiantown Gap, and they declined any aircraft testing. (Though I wouldn't put all my trust in that.)

4. Apparently, towards the end of the video the reporter mentions that a man in the neighborhood saw that "thing" on Friday night. So that is a second sighting possibly conflicting with the idea of it being the memorial display.

Have I left anything out? Also, a quick google search on the subject turned up a few more perspectives people have had on the subject.

edit on 3182014 by MoonMystic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

Could be a strong possibility but from personal experience lanterns are quite easy to pick out I've seen quite a few of them high up and still been able to recognize them, also we'd have to find out what the weather was like that night, if there was wind we'd have to pretty much rule lanterns out as the slightest breeze makes them noticeably moving in the winds direction

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:19 AM
link   
a reply to: LocalGenius

also we'd have to find out what the weather was like that night

Already done.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

This is no coincidence...I do my home work.

There was a light breeze that night generally in a northerly direction so away from dauphin plus the thing in the video doesn't look like lanterns or balloons , the same thing was also seen on Friday night.

I do my homework as well.

edit on 31-8-2014 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Welll done!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Welll done!

Thanks man but for what?

And Gortex, so we've definitely ruled out a lantern and a balloon, only thing left to rule out is a drone, wish we had more info on this

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Thanks man but for what?

To describe it isn't hard at all. Your diplomatic
approach to squashing a bunch of crap that should
of only amounted to one post and one reply. I
suppose that will do.

Gawd I hope I'm done here!

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks man but for what?

To describe it isn't hard at all. Your diplomatic
approach to squashing a bunch of crap that should
of only amounted to one post and one reply. I
suppose that will do.

Gawd I hope I'm done here!

Ahh I see, so whats your opinion on this event, think we're heading in the right direction of ruling out lanterns and balloons? Would you add anything else which we might have missed?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Yall two need to put on a pair of gloves and save us all the drama.

On a topic related nature does anyone have anything constructive to add to the discussion. I'm not being a smart ass as there has been very little in terms of of interest in this thread.

Does anyone else truly believe that the sighting I reported in the neighboring county Monday was a complete coincidence?

I've been told by weather experts the wind was moving in a way that would make it impossible for the memorial lanterns to have been mistaken for other completely random lights in the sky...on the same night mind you.

So, since my practical notion has been deemed null and void, what explanation can provide a better insight or argument against that notion?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:16 PM
link   

On a topic related nature does anyone have anything constructive to add to the discussion. I'm not being a smart ass as there has been very little in terms of of interest in this thread.

Does anyone else truly believe that the sighting I reported in the neighboring county Monday was a complete coincidence?

I've been told by weather experts the wind was moving in a way that would make it impossible for the memorial lanterns to have been mistaken for other completely random lights in the sky...on the same night mind you.

So, since my practical notion has been deemed null and void, what explanation can provide a better insight or argument against that notion?

Which two are you referring to mate? The only other explanation I can think of would actually be a drone with hanging LED's attached even then I'm sure the hanging LED's would be swinging in the breeze in such a motion that would give it away as to being said drone... it's a tough one I think we could all do with more info on this one, can anyone who lives close by go and ask the witnesses for more info?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: LocalGenius

Which two are you referring to mate? The only other explanation I can think of would actually be a drone with hanging LED's attached even then I'm sure the hanging LED's would be swinging in the breeze in such a motion that would give it away as to being said drone... it's a tough one I think we could all do with more info on this one, can anyone who lives close by go and ask the witnesses for more info?

The link is to ABC News and it offers much more info and says people in this area have been seeing many UFO's throughout the summer.

ABC News - More Info

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: OptimusCrime

The link is to ABC News and it offers much more info and says people in this area have been seeing many UFO's throughout the summer.

ABC News - More Info

Thanks buddy I've already checked the link but we're not really getting much info all we're getting is location,
time, multiple witnesses. What we could really use is someone who seen this thing and stayed until it left so we could find out which direction it left in, the speed it left at all that good stuff.
It's a shame really as someone said earlier, we never get the full video
so if anyone lives close by please try and find these police officers and woman and get more info

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:47 PM
link   

ABC News - More Info

Thanks buddy I've already checked the link but we're not really getting much info all we're getting is location,
time, multiple witnesses. What we could really use is someone who seen this thing and stayed until it left so we could find out which direction it left in, the speed it left at all that good stuff.
so if anyone lives close by please try and find these police officers and woman and get more info

I wish I could. I live about 30 minutes from there and don't have the time right now to drive up there.
Would be cool to hear the actual story and not the edited version.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:57 PM
link   

ABC News - More Info

I wish I could. I live about 30 minutes from there and don't have the time right now to drive up there.
Would be cool to hear the actual story and not the edited version.

Hopefully if enough people see the potential of this event the full story will come out sooner rather than later, as I think most of us have concluded it's not a lantern or a balloon and I highly doubt it's a drone or the LED's would be swinging in a way that these witnesses would have already dismissed it as such, the waiting game commences.
Thanks for the thread man enjoyed it

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join