It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophets and seers, a challenge!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: Utnapisjtim
a reply to: ketsuko

There's a difference between being content and growing roots. Quite literally. Guess his condition has a very sound explanation, but how can such be allowed to happen? I mean, if I were king I would have had him forcefully washed and cuddled, looks like it's too late for that now.

Here's a prediction: I think he would most definitely die if he was cleaned up now after 60 years without a bath.

Just because you and I find it hard to believe he likes it that way ... doesn't mean he hasn't found peace with it somehow.

For all I know he is the happiest man in the world, or it's some terribly sad village joke gone way out of hand, against a man who obviously cannot take care of himself on his own. Giving him a bed would be nice I suppose. That he is finally considering some sexy-time now at ripe age (flowering starts in May and lasts through June) is a positive sign though.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: Misc

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Utnapisjtim

Greetings and Salutations- Amou is 80. Amou is already "complete". Amou finds no 'need' to share His completeness with the 'other One'..

Besides not 'needing another' What task would another provide? Cooking? He eats dead porcupines. Cleaning? He lives in the dirt, in what the first Man was created from. Amou will leave this vessel like everyOne else, alone. Sexual favors? Too close to dinner time to comment.

Amou- I don't 'know' You but I Love You.

namaste

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Holy crap did you see his hands!

They look reptilian like. Or like hardened feces.

This guy is showing us how the human body is adaptive. Maybe someone once told him "I smoked some good sh!t last night! and he just applied what the guy said and smoked his doodoo.

If I gave him soap he would probably smoke it, wonder if he would get soapy hands.

edit on 29-8-2014 by bitsforbytes because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:28 PM
link   
There is something beautiful in this man from my point of view. He have not gotten the things he need from human relationship according to the article but can still wants love and seem to have move beyond bitterness.

I wish him all the wonderful experience he wants and that he finds the love and connection to something that he is after.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Well, I didn't comment on his sanity, or what we perceive as his sanity. All I said is that he seems to have found a strange kind of peace with the situation, enough to be content. That doesn't mean he doesn't think that more would be nice on occasion, but he has learned how not to yearn for it in such a way as to let it embitter him.

That, to me, is the lesson here.

It does make you wonder why and how he wound up in such filth though, and why he considers that his place now.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:36 PM
link   

While he may say he is looking for love, he is still too afraid of emotional turmoil. Otherwise, he would clean himself up. It's great that he is making progress and seeking companionship...but unless he takes a bath, shaves all his hair and gets checked out by a physician, he's never going to land a lady.

Most ladies would be too afraid of contamination from god knows what by even being 10 feet away from this poor soul. I hope he finds whatever he's looking for.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Jennyfrenzy because: eta

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:25 PM
link   

I wouldn't want my prejudices to cage him in. I hope he discovers a latent passion which fills him with purpose for whatever time he has left on this planet so that his light might pour forth into reality waking the watchers into realizing the true potential that sleeps within the heart of every person. Every day is a new possibility and every road leads almost everywhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Nechash

Passion is an interesting word. Did you know it actually means suffering?

www.etymonline.com...

passion (n.) -- late 12c., "sufferings of Christ on the Cross," from Old French passion "Christ's passion, physical suffering" (10c.), from Late Latin passionem (nominative passio) "suffering, enduring," from past participle stem of Latin pati "to suffer, endure," possibly from PIE root *pe(i)- "to hurt" (cognates: Sanskrit pijati "reviles, scorns," Greek pema "suffering, misery, woe," Old English feond "enemy, devil," Gothic faian "to blame").

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

There's a difference between being content and growing roots. Quite literally. Guess his condition has a very sound explanation, but how can such be allowed to happen? I mean, if I were king I would have had him forcefully washed and cuddled, looks like it's too late for that now.

Here's a prediction: I think he would most definitely die if he was cleaned up now after 60 years without a bath.

Just because you and I find it hard to believe he likes it that way ... doesn't mean he hasn't found peace with it somehow.

It's like he, or the ones surrounding him mind you, have turned his Maslow-pyramid up side down. And something tells me those people surrounding him have a giggle or two about it too. Looks like he crashed and burned in his early twenties, and the people in the village left him there in that hole in the ground to rot, only to realise the thing survived. And like you suspect, thrived. Smoking turds out of a drain pipefff

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: dollukka
Having sex would be a possible death sentence... not to him tho

Maybe not if she was a gardener. Things could grow between them.

Oh, perhaps an archaeologist would dig? She would get to perform excavations on a live specimen and possibly discover important things. Maybe he is infact one of our gods, that he is on a mission from God to carry all our sh1t and stand against prejudice and bias? Maybe he is the earth-god who was cursed in Adam's place, cursed for our mistakes? I bet there's about a million or two women (and men mind you) who would die to help this fella. That'd be a great laugh too.
edit on 30-8-2014 by Utnapisjtim because: removed a sentence

top topics

<< 1   >>

join