It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judicial Watch: Feds’ Bulletin Describes Threat of Imminent Terrorist Attack on Southern Border

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677
a reply to: Aazadan

True, but if they were going for something like hollywood, why come in through Juarez? Why not come across at a point at the California border?

Personally, I live in Dallas and have always felt relatively safe here from terrorism simply because we are in the middle of the country, and not a NYC, Boston, DC or Philly...When you consider what the average ISIS member knows about the US (discounting the participation of an American), they probably only really know about NYC, DC and maybe a couple more cities. So unless there is a specific target, I would wonder why cross at Juarez....

Coming into California and trying to start some sh!t would be a terrible terrible idea. Although we have some of the toughest gun laws, still everyone has a gun and I mean almost EVERYONE. If they're ever spotted, they're dead. Very trigger happy people out here.

So Cal has been waiting for some crap to crack off out here since 9/11. It probably, won't "but, I'm gonna keep this just in case" is what we've all been saying

Just my opinion as a So Cal resident.

On Another Note:
Dallas is a nice place. I just sold a condo down there...nice folks indeed

edit on 8/29/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:43 PM
link   
George Carlin said it best. "We always hear about terrorists attacking unarmed civilians, women, children, etc. Just once I would like to hear something like this on the radio, "Islamic jihadists attacked the Hells Angels today. When police arrived on the scene they found the terrorists hanging by their balls from trees with 'Islamic jihad my ass' tattooed on their foreheads..."

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel
George Carlin said it best. "We always hear about terrorists attacking unarmed civilians, women, children, etc. Just once I would like to hear something like this on the radio, "Islamic jihadists attacked the Hells Angels today. When police arrived on the scene they found the terrorists hanging by their balls from trees with 'Islamic jihad my ass' tattooed on their foreheads..."

That was incredibly hilarious. Yet, so very true.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

originally posted by: Iscool
You would think that would inspire the President of the United States to shut down the border to protect the citizens...Obama obviously has other plans...

No need to shut the boarder down.

ISIS would have to get past all the Mexican Cartels first. It ain't gonna happen.

Nothings going to stop that money train, especially ISIS.

The Cartels would light their asses up while the CIA sits back and laughs...lol!

That is a good observation. If ISIS fanatics play foul ball from southern border, the next thing will be the SHUT DOWN LOCK DOWN scenario where even small rabbit cannot cross or even bird cannot fly across.

The drug cartels will go on hunting spree of the ISIS and similar fanatics and clean them out in few weeks.

Only few other organizations are so "hell bent" and "fanatic" like the ISIS is. Drug Cartels belong to same bracket as ISIS in terms of being cruel and not valuing human life even by a little bit.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:59 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Anyone found harboring ISIS anywhere in Mexico, will certainly be made an example of as well.

Them boys don't play...they're serious about their American cash cows...you betcha

ETA
It will sure as hell will save us in the states a hell of a lot of money having them as temporary henchmen.
edit on 8/29/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ThePublicEnemyNo1

I love it here! I was born in SoCal (San Berdoo) and have lived in a number of other places. So far Dallas is my fave. Close to where I live are all kinds of fantastic eateries (Twisted Root for one) not to mention great shopping, great people, lousy drivers, decent entertainment.

People who have never been here get the twisted tv version and miss out on all the cool stuff.

Didn't realize SoCal was so armed...of course here in Texas you know everyone is armed.

Shopping in Texas

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: victor7

Or, just conjecture here, the drug cartels could fund ISIS and run amok on the U.S.

"Cry havoc! and let slip the dogs of war..."

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

I think they would cave after being pulled over by one of our 'roided' up cops.
Somehow I don't think it would take long, I doubt they know where the speed traps are and cops don't take kindly to being yelled at or called pigs and Muslims tend to throw that word around quite a bit.
edit on 29-8-2014 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

I don't know all the details of the border but isn't Juarez at the point where the Sinaloa and Zeta cartels territory meet? Perhaps the border confusion of a 3 way war between the US, Zetas, and Sinaloas creates enough chaos there that it makes for a good smuggling point?

Alternatively with two cartels in the region there's double the infrastructure to sneak through the border. That would make Juarez one of the weakest points so ideal to sneak through.

Last, we know the cartels prefer to work with the US government but if money is involved they wouldn't hesitate to stab us in the back. By coming in through the point where all territory meets both the Zetas and the Sinaloas have political cover to say the other group did it and attempt to avoid a counter attack.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Aazadan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:40 PM
link   
The cartels control the smuggling points on the Mexico-US border, and they sure as all hell don't want Islamic terrorists hitching a ride on their hard earned routes, as drug dealing is a business, a business meant to make money, and Islamic terrorists crossing the Mexican border would cause a heavy, heavy law enforcement response and it would hurt their business. Just like in the US open air drug markets, the drug dealers enforce their own, they will make sure no one robs anyone, or causes any type of trouble that would attract law enforcement, as it hurts their profits, and in the end, that's all that matters.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Wiz4769

Seems like all this would do ia get them droned into the dirt which they have cut off an americans head in an attempt to prevent durther strikes. So it would be counter intuitive. However it would solve our govt problem of figuring out how to get more involved.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Syyth007

But the cartels already manage the human smuggling trafficking routes. They would have no problem sneaking some members of ISIS over if the price were right. The only issue is avoiding the aftermath. IED's are pretty simple to make, they can be built once inside the US with no problems whatsoever.

You can go one of two routes with this logic

#1 the cartels don't want to fight the US military and so will screen the border to keep terrorists out of the people that get to cross. This is the strategy we've been using for years that no one will admit to.

#2 the cartels don't want to fight the US military but ultimately know that they can't be toppled by the military either. The fight for control between the Sinaloas and Zetas is really ramping up, one of them wants to control Mexico rather than split it. What better way to gain control than to smuggle ISIS over the border at a point both cartels have influence, and then blame the other guy for it? If it works, then you can direct the US military at your rival while you are free to go about your business.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Personally, a part of me hopes that IS does do it. Americans seem to be so desensitized to war these days, they are just out of the loop as to what it is like to live in a warzone. Sure we got certain areas in cities that are warzones, but easily enough for most people to avoid them. I know it may sound cold, but hell, if americans knew just what it was like to live in a warzone, I don't think there would be much people supporting the whole rah-rah support this war across the globe anymore.

That really goes for most western societies, out of touch with the reality that all the countries that are not "first world" deal with on a day to day basis. Our MSM don't constantly put the aftermath and horror on TV like they did back in vietnam, most people couldn't fathom what it is like to live in that kind of environment at all, unless they have lived in a projects area in a major liberal city.

It's really too easy for most westerners to stick their heads in the sand and pretend everything is fine unless something personally effects them. More rage came of anon DDOS sony playstation network, than came of people hearing about US troops murdering civilians in Iraq/Afghanistan.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 03:29 AM
link   

That's my thought too. By helping ISIS that would mean the open border wouldn't be so open anymore. They've got a free pass right now, why risk it?
edit on 30-8-2014 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I would disagree. ISIS is making billions, this is one of the things that is different about them. The group is bringing in million. Do you honestly think that the cartels are going to really care where money comes from? They are in it for the money, and if someone pays them more to smuggle men and weapons into the USA, and a large amount, do you not think that they would take the money and do such?

No it is of concern, as it means that they are going to make money, either via the drugs that they bring into the USA or by working with ISIS, they win. And if it also means that they get training and military hardware to use, along the way they start to become a far more dangerous force. This should not be taken so lightly.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iscool
You would think that would inspire the President of the United States to shut down the border to protect the citizens...Obama obviously has other plans...

you do realize the congress has the power of the purse in this matter, Obama does not. somebody has to pay for this, Obama cannot do it without congress. and when you say "shut down the border", you do realize it's 700 miles long, it's not some toll booth gate.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 08:18 AM
link   
I don't expect the US government or the American people will stand by and let this happen, more than once. I am sure there is legislation underway right now that will make the Patriot Act look like the Bill of Rights. I see more protections coming, improved levels of higher security for all Americans. With good media coverage all it would take is one car bomb incident regardless who the actual perpetrators are and Americans will get so many new protections they'll never feel afraid to step outside their homes ever again, any time they will be permitted to do so. No fears, Big Brother is watching out for you.

edit on 30-8-2014 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: bbracken677

Maybe so, but there's nothing culturally significant about those towns beyond the mentality of Texans. Someone in Pennsylvania has little emotional connection to anything there. If terrorists were going to cross the boarder I would think mass attacks in Hollywood would be the easiest location to reach that has cultural significance. But, if you can get through the boarder wouldn't it send an even bigger message if you hit the financial district of NYC again or drove up to DC and blew things up there?

For the most part I just don't see boarder towns as having interesting targets which it's something you're only going to be able to do once.

You do realize El Paso is home to Fort Bliss?

Wiki

Fort Bliss is a United States Army post in the U.S. states of New Mexico and Texas, with its headquarters located in El Paso, Texas. With an area of about 1,700 square miles (4,400 km2), it is the Army's second-largest installation, behind the adjacent White Sands Missile Range. It is FORSCOM's (United States Army Forces Command) largest installation, and has the Army's largest Maneuver Area (992,000 acres) behind the National Training Center. Part of the post in El Paso County, Texas, is a census-designated place (CDP); it had a population of 8,591 at the 2010 census. Fort Bliss provides the largest contiguous tract (1,500 sq mi or 3,900 km2) of restricted airspace in the Continental United States. The airspace is used for missile and artillery training and testing.

And we can't dismiss Fort Hood, which has been plagued by shootings, most notably the Nov. 5, 2009 shooting by Nidal Hasan. Hasan was a Major and psychiatrist in the Army at the time. Hasan has just recently written a letter to ISIS asking to be made a citizen of the caliphate.
Hasan Letter

WIKI again

Fort Hood is one of the largest United States military installations in the world, and is the home of III Corps, 1st Cavalry Division, 13th Sustainment Command, First Army Division West, 3rd Armored Cavalry Regiment, 41st Fires Brigade and many other Forces Command and other units. The 4th Infantry Division completed its move from Fort Hood to Fort Carson, Colorado, exchanging positions with several units. The 4th Infantry Division Museum closed at Fort Hood for the last time on 29 May 2009 to complete its move to Colorado although most of the outdoor pieces remained at Fort Hood as part of the new 3CR Museum.[32] Before the breakup of the Soviet Union, Fort Hood was billed as the largest military base in the free world (Fort Benning is larger in personnel, Fort Bliss in land area).

Fort Hood would be a great place for ISIS to finish the job one of their sympathizers started, but didn't finish. Not a border town, but easily accessible once across the border. Texas also has many other prime targets, not just towns that contain nothing significant "beyond the mentality of Texan's". Those people in Pennsylvania may have more emotional connection if their children, husbands, or wives are stationed at any of the multitude of military installations across Texas.

Every state has it's own unique locations and and target's that would inflict pain and fear on the American people. For the majority of American's, New York, Washington D.C., and Hollywood are insignificant and wouldn't be missed as much as other places. IMHO.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

The weakest points of the border are the uninhabited parts. If the border patrol are not currently patrolling that particular part, then crossing is as easy as swimming or rafting across. Crossing at El Paso would be the most difficult place to cross. Heavily monitored and controlled.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

The weakest points of the border are the uninhabited parts. If the border patrol are not currently patrolling that particular part, then crossing is as easy as swimming or rafting across. Crossing at El Paso would be the most difficult place to cross. Heavily monitored and controlled.

Remember the video of James O'Keefe walking across the border just 20 or so miles from El Paso?
Daily Caller
This story has the video of how easy it is to cross the border. Scary.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join