It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: hiddencode
If only there was funding for this, unfortunately not, the anti-vaxx movement is made up of caring, intelligent, well informed people with a social conscience, also let's not forget those who have been unfortunate enough to witness vaccine damage to friends and family.

However it's well known that the pro-vaxx movement is funded to the tune of $Millions and it's easy to spot obvious paid pro-vaccine posters on this site and all around social media. It's been confirmed that Bill Gates has awarded a grant for the following

"Seth Kalichman of the www.uconn.edu... in the USA will establish an Internet-based global monitoring and rapid alert system for finding, analysing, and counteracting communication campaigns containing misinformation regarding vaccines to support global immunization efforts."

Thanks for sharing that information. I never heard of Bill Gates's grant but not surprised at all.
Also, does your brother work in the private sector?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
Nobody is funding antivax.
People are waking up to the lies and the damage done to their childrens health!

I agree with that!

They've been very quiet so far in this thread!

I think it will stay quiet.

My local news just had a report about local 6th graders becoming ill after the DTap booster. I was surprised to see the report on there. The broadcaster said he is afraid to vaccinate his kids.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

In fact if you could link the campaigns you are referring to that would make it much easier to track down their funding sources. I am not in those circle or I simply do not visit those sites so I am at a bit of a disadvantage when trying to answer questions on them.

I don't think there is any campaigns. I am always told, usually by very emotionally charged people, that "the anti-vaxxers get their pseudoscience and misinformation from quacks and charlatans that are just making a buck off your kids health!"
it is usually something along those lines. So the OP was asking to be shown these people. No one has so far. I have never heard of anyone in all of my years and I really couldn't imagine anyone doing it for money.

I discuss vaccines and their safety because I think it is important. Unfortunately, I have to rely on a internet forum like this to discuss without back lash from family and friends. It is sad.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother

So the OP was asking to be shown these people. No one has so far.

So you didn't click on the links I provided.

Well you did say you "will" be taking a look at them so when you do get a chance to do that you should easily see those who stand to make a buck off of it.

Considering the whole thing got started by a person who was exposed as trying to cash in on the controversy it would create "and has" it's hard to imagine that you can't except that people have and are trying to continue to cash in on it.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

So the OP was asking to be shown these people. No one has so far.

So you didn't click on the links I provided.

Well you did say you "will" be taking a look at them so when you do get a chance to do that you should easily see those who stand to make a buck off of it.

Considering the whole thing got started by a person who was exposed as trying to cash in on the controversy it would create "and has" it's hard to imagine that you can't except that people have and are trying to continue to cash in on it.

I think you are misunderstanding me.

I agree that they may make money off of a book. You are hung up on Dr. Wakefield and his situation.
But a person can write a book about anything. I can write a fiction about vaccines killing everyone. I can write a fiction about vaccine saving everyone. I can write a book about a non-fiction on both subjects. In the end, the money from the books sales will not be connected to the information campaigns.

Bill Gates and Warren Buffet are rich, celebrities that have, in the last few years, used large parts of their money to start a global awareness campaign about vaccines. The CDC and Ad Council have billboards and commercials everywhere. These people/corporations are taking/using money to put out information that pushes skewed numbers with fearful wording to make parents feel bad questioning vaccines.

When you point to a person writing a book, they are making money off the book. Not because I didn't get a vaccine. Pro-vax claims people are spreading the info for money. A lot of the information is true but I have never paid a dime to any of them. They must be very broke.
edit on 8/29/2014 by imnotanother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Ok that you admit that those spreading information in the books stand to make a profit from said books. What about lectures, appearances, products they endorse? Also remember you said " I have never heard of anyone in all of my years and I really couldn't imagine anyone doing it for money" but then you forget about Wakefield, I don't think he is a doctor though anymore. It just bothers me that you will say you can't imagine anyone doing it yet someone has but you still can't imagine it. It's just a strange position IMO.

Now I know Bill Gates and Soros are combating misinformation on vaccines and spending a lot on it. Both of which I know are already wealthy beyond my imaginings one which upon death has the majority of his wealth going to worthwhile charities and of course he already walked away from running a company that would have made him much richer. I guess in their case someone would need to show me how they will profit from their donations for me to consider they are not simply trying to give back. As far as the skewed numbers you would have to show me what you are talking about.

On the other hand those claiming vaccines are evil in their books/products it would be interesting to see what they do with their money. IMO I think they put just enough money back into fueling a controversy so that they can keep selling their stuff. You may not buy it but they don't need everyone to buy their stuff. They need just enough to perpetuate the cycle.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Who is funding the movement? Who is profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated? How are they profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?

"Movement" implies some intelligent unity of purpose that I don't think exists. I think the movement can be divided into three classes:

1. Rational but unscrupulous profit-seeking fraudsters,
2. Pathological scientists who conduct science, badly, and
3. True believers (laypersons)

The fraudsters fund themselves through their business activities and the laypersons neither need nor expect any funding for their contributions to the movement. The pathological scientists might be interesting; I suppose they get their money from the true believers when they are unable to get grants.

Andrew Wakefield's now-retracted paper was funded by the Special Trustees of Royal Free Hampstead NHS Trust and the Children's Medical Charity. He planned to spin his findings (or fictions) into a personal business venture that would make him very wealthy. In this case, funding was fraudulently obtained. Natural News is another player in the movement, isn't it? They have a store. They profit by convincing people not to get vaccinated, then selling what they present as alternatives. Various other anti-vaxers sell books, or receive speaking fees, etc. The people who profit off of people not being vaccinated are generally those who sell things to the kind of people who don't vaccinate. They don't need to convert every anti-vaccinator into a customer, but they do need to grow the number of anti-vaccinators to grow the number of their customers.

There are other ways to benefit from the movement than through direct commercial exploitation of anti-vaccinators. D-list celebrities use their anti-vaccine opinions to get free publicity. If not for anti-vax, would anyone even remember Jenny McCarthy? Lawyers, obviously, make money from anti-vaccination sentiment. The medical establishment could make a lot more money treating diseases than they do preventing them, if they were really evil.

How are they promoting the "movement?"

If you've got the right product for your niche, it only takes a little effort to get a word-of-mouth campaign going. Start with fear (this could happen to your child), demonize your competition (Big Pharma!), then move on to flattery (but you know better than to trust them!). The emotional appeal is topped off with a little pseudo-scientific window dressing, and then it takes off.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Ok that you admit that those spreading information in the books stand to make a profit from said books. What about lectures, appearances, products they endorse? Also remember you said " I have never heard of anyone in all of my years and I really couldn't imagine anyone doing it for money" but then you forget about Wakefield, I don't think he is a doctor though anymore. It just bothers me that you will say you can't imagine anyone doing it yet someone has but you still can't imagine it. It's just a strange position IMO.

When you drive to work do you see a pro or anti vaccine billboard? When you hear the ad on the radio for vaccines, is it pro or anti? How about the TV commercial, the newspaper article, the ad, magazine ads? Is it anti or pro vaccine?
All of these things I am subjected to daily. I have a choice to avoid a few but not all of them. All of the ones I encounter are pro vaccine. These ads are a result of certain foundations/corporations advertising a product. (It is a product, manufactured for profit. Remember that.)
So the question in the OP is
1. Who is funding the "movement?"
2. How are they promoting the "movement?"
3. Who is profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?
4. How are they profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?

When I say "movement I mean the same ad campaign I described in my last paragraph. I don't see billboards, or TV commercials, or anything like that. I wish I did. The questions were meant to be rhetorical.

When you mention someone selling a book, speaking a lecture, selling a DVD, or products they endorse. You must understand they are selling a product. They do not make money because you didn't get vaccinated. They make money because of their sales.

So when I say I have never heard of someone investing their personal money, I really meant I have never seen an advertisement, that is in public display, be funded by an individual trying to make a profit off from a parent NOT vaccinating their child.

I HAVE seen advertisements on the internet from authors/speakers that ARE trying to profit by providing you information, that may be true or false. I agree they're are a dime a dozen of those. But I do not believe that it is a funded movement like I have described.

This is a quote from the Pro Vaccine Doctor's Blog that you linked on page 2:

Anti-vac campaigns and groups, though they may have arisen from actual concern, are now powerful. They keep providing funding to enhance their agenda, making people think those who support them are doing good, when in truth they're unknowingly being led by people who know this information to KILL thousands of dollars a year. Now they, either by accident or, more likely, purposefully, have created a whole conspiracy theory around the idea that the government is trying to cover something up or make people sick on purpose. They invest millions into this and are probably making millions off it too... while 30,000 adults in America, a developed nation, die of diseases that would never had affected them had they been vaccinated.

I am asking, who, where, when, why?
edit on 8/29/2014 by imnotanother because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:13 PM
link   
a reply to: FurvusRexCaeli

Well, I guess that is how you see it.
But you mention the McCarthy and Wakefield. There are several doctors that worked in the medical field for decades that speak out against the effects of vaccines. So please call it science and not pseudoscience, please.

If you choose not to get a shot, how does that result in someone making money?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Oh OK I see you want to see who funds the anti vacc movement. Before I post a link showing you some let me address why there is a push to combat that movement. First as far as I have seen vaccines are not a very profitable business with the exception of maybe such things as the flu shot as that comes out each year but keeping diseases from running amock in society is the same as keeping expenses down for the community.

I had run across a good article on it a while back and started a thread on it.The cost of not vaccinating

As to the funding of the anti vaccine movement aside from those profiting off of their products. There are foundations such as.

The Dwoskin Family Foundation

The Dwoskin Family Foundation is a philanthropic vehicle for Albert and Lisa Claire Dwoskin. They established it as a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation in 2001. The sole contributions to the foundation are from the Dwoskins themselves (not unusual for a family foundation) to the tune of $600,000 in 2010 and $750,000 in 2011. In addition, a significant portion of the foundation's assets are held in off-shore accounts and cash investments. The foundation's 990 form for 2011 (the latest available via GuideStar.com, free registration and login required to view) lists net assets at $3.5 million. Needless to say, they have a lot of purchase power, as it were.

Claire Dwoskin is a board member of the anti-vaccine group National Vaccination Information Center. Her husband, Albert, is president and CEO of A.J. Dwoskin & Associates, Inc. Through their foundation, they funded The Greater Good Movie, giving $25,000 to the project in 2010. Two years ago, they made two donations to the American Foundation for University of British Columbia, academic home to Shaw and Tomljenovic. One contribution, for $10,000, was just for "general expenses". The more significant donation was for lab costs for the "Aluminum Toxicity Project", for which they donated $125,000. This is in addition to approximately $200,000 for NVIC.

In 2011, the Dwoskins also underwrote the anti-vaccine "safety" conference in Jamaica. As Matt Carey notes, the venue was not exactly a frugal choice. The family, along with several other organizations, paid out a fair bit of change to cover the costs of the conference. Speakers included the aforementioned Christopher Shaw and Lucija Tomljenovic, as well as several individuals that have been described as quacks or cranks: Dr. Russell Blaylock, Dr. Richard Deth, founder of the antivaccine NVIC, Barbara Loe Fisher, and the disgraced Andrew Wakefield. A Snapshot of the Deep Pockets of the Anti-Vaccine Movement

Then there is the

Anti vaccination league
Anti vaccination Society of America
Anti vaccination Network
Thinktwice Global Vaccination Institute
NVIC

Those are but a few that contribute. I hope I answered your question on Anti Vaccine funding.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Oh OK I see you want to see who funds the anti vacc movement. Before I post a link showing you some let me address why there is a push to combat that movement. First as far as I have seen vaccines are not a very profitable business with the exception of maybe such things as the flu shot as that comes out each year but keeping diseases from running amock in society is the same as keeping expenses down for the community.

I had run across a good article on it a while back and started a thread on it.The cost of not vaccinating

As to the funding of the anti vaccine movement aside from those profiting off of their products. There are foundations such as.

The Dwoskin Family Foundation is a philanthropic vehicle for Albert and Lisa Claire Dwoskin. They established it as a 501(c)3 non-profit foundation in 2001. The sole contributions to the foundation are from the Dwoskins themselves (not unusual for a family foundation) to the tune of $600,000 in 2010 and $750,000 in 2011. In addition, a significant portion of the foundation's assets are held in off-shore accounts and cash investments. The foundation's 990 form for 2011 (the latest available via GuideStar.com, free registration and login required to view) lists net assets at $3.5 million. Needless to say, they have a lot of purchase power, as it were.

Claire Dwoskin is a board member of the anti-vaccine group National Vaccination Information Center. Her husband, Albert, is president and CEO of A.J. Dwoskin & Associates, Inc. Through their foundation, they funded The Greater Good Movie, giving $25,000 to the project in 2010. Two years ago, they made two donations to the American Foundation for University of British Columbia, academic home to Shaw and Tomljenovic. One contribution, for $10,000, was just for "general expenses". The more significant donation was for lab costs for the "Aluminum Toxicity Project", for which they donated $125,000. This is in addition to approximately $200,000 for NVIC.

In 2011, the Dwoskins also underwrote the anti-vaccine "safety" conference in Jamaica. As Matt Carey notes, the venue was not exactly a frugal choice. The family, along with several other organizations, paid out a fair bit of change to cover the costs of the conference. Speakers included the aforementioned Christopher Shaw and Lucija Tomljenovic, as well as several individuals that have been described as quacks or cranks: Dr. Russell Blaylock, Dr. Richard Deth, founder of the antivaccine NVIC, Barbara Loe Fisher, and the disgraced Andrew Wakefield. A Snapshot of the Deep Pockets of the Anti-Vaccine Movement

Then there is the

Anti vaccination league
Anti vaccination Network
NVIC

Those are but a few that contribute. I hope I answered your question on Anti Vaccine funding.

Well, from the OP you can see that I did link to the Dwoskin Family Foundation. I guess I am hung up on the fact that I don't see these anti vaccination ads out there in a public forum. I don't see anyone profiting financially from someone NOT getting a vaccine. I know there is a movement to inform parents of the risk that are not mentioned in the CDC and Ad council ads. Funding research to find if vaccines cause more harm than we thought, is a good thing, not a bad.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: imnotanother

Then there is the

Anti vaccination league
Anti vaccination Network
NVIC

Well, from the OP you can see that I did link to the Dwoskin Family Foundation. I guess I am hung up on the fact that I don't see these anti vaccination ads out there in a public forum. I don't see anyone profiting financially from someone NOT getting a vaccine. I know there is a movement to inform parents of the risk that are not mentioned in the CDC and Ad council ads. Funding research to find if vaccines cause more harm than we thought, is a good thing, not a bad.

The NVIC is funded by Mercola.
Mercola sells supplements and "treatments" to either replace vaccination or to "reverse" vaccination.
The likelihood is that if you are suitably frightened by the anti-science brigade (I won't call them just anti-vax) then you will seek to get your healthcare from the likes of him. Or you will visit your local naturopath who's clinic is advertised on Mercola.
scienceblogs.com...
There's plenty of money to be made in being a prominent anti-vaxxer.
Have you seen Wakefield's $4 million Texas mansion? Not bad for a fraudulent liar eh?
Saying that, he was probably able to pay his deposit for that from the £400,000 he received from his lawyers prior to his mini-study on MMR...

And talking of lawyers, there's a hell of a lot of money to be made by them from the Vaccine Compensation Program. What's their cut? Around 30%?

"Funding research to find if vaccines cause more harm than we thought, is a good thing, not bad"
Funding "research" to try to show something which has not only been proved wrong once but numerous times is a waste of money and time and effort, is it not? It's also a waste of time, money and effort debunking these claims time and time again.
Like I said in another thread, it's like playing whack-a-mole.
If you care to take a look at the "research" that the likes of the Dwoskins have funded you will see that none of them actually qualifies as true research. Almost all of them are data mining and have their conclusions based upon correlation.
As yet, I've not seen one paper published by these people which could stand up to true scientific scrutiny.
The websites of these donors are full to them brim with lies, misinformation and absolute nonsense.

So I'm not sure whether you're truly honest with this thread or you're trying to paint anti-vaxxers as saints who are doing all of this for the good of the children.
They're not.
They're doing it for profit.
("What's that Mr anti-vaxxer? You've released another book on the horrors of vaccines?" How noble of you! And only $39.99 too! Oh, and I can bring my child to your clinic to have pointless therapy to rid him of these toxins? Where do I sign?")

edit on 1/9/14 by Pardon? because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 08:53 AM
link   
Or it could be more sinister....

Anti-vaccine groups are everywhere, and it appears they are growing in number. They're well-organized and very vocal. Evidence suggests they've been quite effective in reducing the vaccination rate in numerous areas.
A central theme of the Anti-vaccine (AV) movement is the opposition to "Big Pharma", those massive multinational pharmaceuticals who push their dangerous vaccines onto our children purely for their own financial gain. The AV community is chiefly a grass-roots campaign of concerned parents, doing their best to prevent harm to their children. Big Pharma only cares about its profits, and they just don't care about the harm their vaccines are really doing.
Here's something really odd though - Big Pharma have been amazingly quiet in combating the anti-vaccine movement. A community group is publicly attempting to derail the vaccine-based profits of Big Pharma, yet there is simply *no* response.
This is doubly weird because Big Pharma generally launches a massive artillery campaign against anyone who even slightly endangers their bottom line. Johnson and Johnson just spent close to a billion dollars fighting a patent dispute with Abbott Laboratories. Yet despite this obvious threat to their huge vaccine profits, and despite having billions of dollars at their disposal to mount a fightback campaign, there hasn't been a word. Surely Big Pharma stands to lose so much money you'd expect them to launch a blanket TV campaign defending vaccines, with full-page newspaper ads and people handing out brochures and buttons in shopping malls.
So what on earth is going on? Has Big Pharma gone soft? Are these massive multinationals really getting dragged to their knees by a group of angry mothers?
The answer is no - Big Pharma aren't losing the battle, they're winning it. Big Pharma aren't fighting the anti-vaccine movement, they're supporting it. Sure, their support is very quiet, very 'behind the scenes' and definitely not public, but they're supporting it all the same.
Their reason? Vaccines are very, very bad for business.
Surprised? Don't be. Despite the constantly repeated claims about "massive vaccine profits" the truth (as revealed in the annual financial statements of these companies) is that vaccines simply aren't worth very much. The primary purchaser of vaccines are governments. In the USA the vaccine suppliers get squeezed as much as possible. In the many western countries with socialized medicine they don't even get to negotiate - the governments simply tell the suppliers how much they are going to get paid and that's that.
On top of that, the pharmaceuticals are constantly pressured to give away huge stocks of vaccines to impoverished countries. It just gets worse, the patents for the majority of vaccines expired years ago, so there's not even the chance to monopolize the trade. The bottom line: as far as anyone can tell, the only reason that pharmaceuticals are still even making vaccines is because the various national governments will take away their pharmaceutical licenses if they stop.
So the "vast vaccine profits" are an absolute myth, as anyone who reads these (publicly available) financial statements can verify. However vaccines are not just poor profit earners, they're also a business killer. Vaccines make people healthy. Healthy people don't need medication. More vaccines equal less profit. Less profit is bad, bad, bad.
So vaccines hurt profit. But if you could somehow convince people to stop taking vaccines, then you could reintroduce a number of persistent, revenue-generating diseases back into the marketplace. Profits would go back up. Even better, you wouldn't even need to convince everybody to stop immunizing, because of the phenomenon of 'herd immunity' (which means that you need 80-90% coverage for a vaccine to be truly effective). You'll only need to get a small but critical percentage to refuse, and you'll get your desired result.
Sure, it's not a totally flawless plan, because without vaccines a number of your potential new clients are going to die. However evidence suggests that the majority of them will survive, and a very large percentage of those survivors will end up with chronic symptoms requiring long-term medical care. This care will conveniently involve some recently-patented, very expensive medications.
Of course openly telling people to stop using vaccines would attract huge goverment anger, not to mention criminal charges. But if you could get some angry mothers to do your dirty work for you then you can wash your hands of any responsibility. Carefully place a few scientific papers that imply vaccines might be dangerous, and let the "grass roots" do the rest. Throw in some cash every now and then to keep their websites up and running. If the noise ever starts to die down, get another dubious scientific paper circulating so they can start chanting "vaccines are evil" all over again. If the government starts asking questions, front up to the hearing and say, "we're trying to stop all this disinformation, honest we are, but there are just so many angry mothers out there".
It is a truly brilliant strategy, and it's no surprise that finding rock-solid evidence of this scam will be difficult. Big Pharma has a lot of money, and they are very good at covering their tracks. But even though we'll never hear a pharmaceutical publicly admit they are funding the anti-vaccines groups, there is already enough circumstantial evidence to make it chillingly, uncomfortably, plausible. It also explains why the only people you ever hear defending vaccines are family doctors and badly funded community health departments.
You can't blame the anti-vaccine groups either - they're just everyday parents trying to do what's best for their children. The fact that their genuine concern and natural protectiveness has been harnessed to support the profit motive of Big Pharma is - quite simply - horrifying.
As a final note, in 2009 three pharmaceutical companies quietly lodged patents for drugs related to polio management. They did this with no fanfare, no press releases and no TV ads.
The vaccine for polio sells for 30 cents. The new polio medications will cost parents as much as $500 a week, and could be needed for years.
You do the maths.

The Main Funders of the Anti-Vax Movement

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing that information. I never heard of Bill Gates's grant but not surprised at all.
Also, does your brother work in the private sector?

You're welcome! Correct, my brother is a pharmaceutical recruitment agent

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:44 PM
link   

If you choose not to get a shot, how does that result in someone making money?

Indeed, sharing the truth about vaccines is something that helps us sleep at night, it's like sharing the truth about smoking or McDonalds, there's no money to be made.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Pardon?

That massive copy and paste you did doesn't discuss how Big Pharma are allowed to profit from vaccine damage, yes put people on drugs for life for a vaccine-induced autoimmune disease and you'll make serious money from them. Diabetes Type 1, MS, Motor Neurone Disease etc etc, that's what vaccines are about, and that's why the copy and paste you did is fundamentally flawed.

Also the Flu vaccine and HPV both do over $1 Billion each per year, that's good sales, but even still the sales from the vaccine-induced autoimmune diseases make this look like a drop in the ocean.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Firstly the Science Blogs website is a well known Big Pharma propaganda website, not a good place at all to get unbiased information.

All these anti-vaccine doctors have committed career suicide, they will be lucky to make even 10% of what they would have made being pro-vaccine. Big Pharma is a Trillion-Dollar industry, there is so much money to be made by selling your soul to Merck, Bayer, GSK and Co. The only reason a doctor would speak out against vaccines is if they believe vaccines to have dangers, these are good honest people who won't sleep at night unless they get the truth out.

Nobody would want to go through what Wakefield has been through, he's a very brave man, he cares so much for children, he won't allow this lie to continue. As we can see now, Wakefield has been vindicated by the CDC data that's now been leaked. Taking down Wakefield was all part of that cover-up, he now needs to be reinstated and made into a hero.

After all the lies and corruption from the CDC, how can parents ever trust vaccines again? They cannot, not unless the system is completely overhauled and the criminals behind this brought to justice.

originally posted by: Pardon?
Mercola sells supplements and "treatments" to either replace vaccination or to "reverse" vaccination.
The likelihood is that if you are suitably frightened by the anti-science brigade (I won't call them just anti-vax) then you will seek to get your healthcare from the likes of him. Or you will visit your local naturopath who's clinic is advertised on Mercola.
scienceblogs.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Many posters like yourself are not up to date with the recent news that the CDC has been covering up the Vaccine/Autism link, that means these arguments about Wakefield no longer hold; Wakefield has been vindicated. Vaccines have been shown to cause Autism.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Here's something really odd though - Big Pharma have been amazingly quiet in combating the anti-vaccine movement. A community group is publicly attempting to derail the vaccine-based profits of Big Pharma, yet there is simply *no* response.
a reply to: Pardon?
Pharma is quiet as they have the Media on their side and the minute they so much as get a whiff of a flu,measle or whatever the upcoming pandemic is we are assaulted with it all day long. So much that they caused a run on vaccines and our city ran out. They opened special locations-people lined up for hours-and they ran out. And this was for a regular flu season! I even heard neighbors commenting that people who lucked out deserved it for not getting it earlier.

The Media did them proud. I imagine if a cold vaccine was released those that opted out would be treated like lepers for endangering their lives and everyone else's.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: hiddencode
Firstly the Science Blogs website is a well known Big Pharma propaganda website, not a good place at all to get unbiased information.

All these anti-vaccine doctors have committed career suicide, they will be lucky to make even 10% of what they would have made being pro-vaccine. Big Pharma is a Trillion-Dollar industry, there is so much money to be made by selling your soul to Merck, Bayer, GSK and Co. The only reason a doctor would speak out against vaccines is if they believe vaccines to have dangers, these are good honest people who won't sleep at night unless they get the truth out.

Nobody would want to go through what Wakefield has been through, he's a very brave man, he cares so much for children, he won't allow this lie to continue. As we can see now, Wakefield has been vindicated by the CDC data that's now been leaked. Taking down Wakefield was all part of that cover-up, he now needs to be reinstated and made into a hero.

After all the lies and corruption from the CDC, how can parents ever trust vaccines again? They cannot, not unless the system is completely overhauled and the criminals behind this brought to justice.

originally posted by: Pardon?
scienceblogs.com...

The information is not in the blog per se but in the links they provide.
I'm guessing you haven't read even one word of it.

The people speaking out against vaccines are doctors in the loosest sense of the word.
They speak out because it's in their best interest to do so.
They have no scientific interest in vaccination, only monetary.
They assume no responsibility nor culpability for anything they do.
They use fear and the ignorance of lay-people to promote their nonsense and by what you've written, what they do is working.

Wakefield lied and defrauded to the point of essentially tricking and abusing children to get the results he wanted (he offered children £5 at a kid's birthday party to have blood tests done!). He's morally and ethically corrupt and as far as I'm concerned, very lucky to escape a custodial sentence.
It's amazing that the gullibles will laud his extensive (sarcasm) study on 8 children which didn't even conclude a correlation with MMR and autism but will refute the hundreds done since which prove that there's no association whatsoever.
And anti-vaxxers have the nerve to call those with autism brain-damaged!?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join