It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?

Vaccinate or not to vaccinate? It is a very emotionally (usually lacking logic/reason) charged debate here on ATS. The internet is overflowing with information/propaganda on the topic, so much so, that you don't even know where to start researching. Being a member for a few years, and a "lurker" for a few years before that, I have read a lot of discussions arguments/opinions on the topic here at ATS.

I have questioned vaccines and their effectiveness since I was a teenager:
- I received the Flu-vaccine every year before the winter months and I would become infected with influenza every year I was vaccinated.
- When I was 15 years of age, I refused to get one that year (and every year since) and I have never had the Flu since.
- My older sister was given her 2nd dosage of the DTap vaccine (circa 1983) and actually was infected with Pertussis. Told and Confirmed by her pediatrician.
- In 2005, I worked for the government in Afghanistan and was updated on all my vaccines. I had a reaction to the typhoid vaccine, causing me to be ill with fever, clouded mind, and diarrhea for the 5 days I received the shot. It left me with scar tissue on my arm to this day, that my daughter always points to and asks,"what is that?"

By 2005, I highly questioned vaccines...not because of Dr. Wakefield (never heard of him at that time) and not because of Jenny McCarthy (I knew who she was: Singled Out, Playboy, Candies commercials...not because of her vaccine stance) but because of my own personal experience. Which made me start looking into Vaccination history and origins.

I am providing you, the reader, with a little of my past history so you can understand that my question of, Who funds the Anti-Vax Movement?, is one I have never been able to find the answer.

I am aware of foundations that provide financial support for doctors/labs to research vaccines: Dwoskin Family Foundation, National Vaccine Information Center, and The Katlyn Fox Foundation. There are probably many others, as well. But that is not the answer I am looking for.

Everyday I see advertisements for Vaccinations via TV, billboard, radio, magazine/newspaper ad, doctor endorsement, etc. Usually, it is clearly stated on the ad who paid for the advertisement. There is not much of a mystery. Ad Council, CDC, etc. invested money so these products would be marketed to the consumer.

I have NEVER seen any ad marketing parents not to vaccinate their children. Now, I admit that I live in the country of Indiana and I am not subjected to a lot of ads like a city's population may be...so if there are these ads out there, please post a picture, video, link, news article, or whatever it may be. I would like to see who funded it.

So to make this thread a discussion, here are some questions I am hung up on:
1. Who is funding the "movement?"
2. How are they promoting the "movement?"
3. Who is profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?
4. How are they profiting from citizens NOT being vaccinated?

Thanks everyone.
Note: Even though I know this is an impossible request on this site: Can we please try to keep this thread's discussion within the 4-5 questions asked and not to attack other member's stances. Only looking for logical and truthful facts to these questions.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Do we even know that someone is funding the anti-vax movement? I am pro-vax, but also pro-truth or disclosure. There have been some shady omissions of data on some of the studies done by the CDC and others. I think it is those seeking truth that energize the supposed anti-vax movement. I don't see any big money there.
edit on 2014/8/29 by Metallicus because: sp

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

That is my point of the thread. I always hear that "charlatans" are spreading misinformation for profit. Usually the charlatans being referenced are McCarthy and Wakefield.

I understand that they may profit from book sales but how do they profit from lack of vaccinations?

I believe the Anit-Vax Pro-Choice Movement (Yes, I used the term. It is not reserved for baby murdering) is started from personal experience.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:13 PM
link   
a reply to: imnotanother
Is doesn't need much funding as funding would normally pay fir things like research. Something the anti-vax movement is anxious to avoid.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Maybe it's just a growing word of mouth movement from concerned citizens not wanting to put a bunch of crap into their kids. I see a lot more profit following pro-vax lineage from mandatory MD purchased allotments to reimbursement programs to the several big box corporations making it "easy" to get. I know there has been a change now for 7th grade entrants to have a medical sign off on the exemption forms for the dtap. Basically a scare/sales job the consumer gets to pay for. I started my personal research years ago after meeting a Dr. who didn't vaccinate or immunize.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ScepticScot

Please reference the 3 links to foundations in the OP that do provide funding for research.

ScepticScot, I have seen your post before. Please do your research before posting. Your post has added nothing to the conversation and is, in fact, very erroneous.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:24 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

I agree with you. I am searching for these mystery investors who are profiting from lack of vaccinations. I have never found one. Meanwhile, a coworker was paid by the CDC recently to speak at a medical convention about her daughter's death in 2010 from Pertussis.

With much respect to my coworker and her family, her case was not normal and I would not sum up her daughter's death to lack of vaccination.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   

But it's not simply a personal choice issue. This isn't about personal health as much as it is public health. Notwithstanding the fact that it is entirely possible that there could be problems with vaccines --- not saying there is, not saying there isn't --- as a child of the polio epidemic I have seen some of what can happen when a disease runs rampant through a population. With the advent of the polio vaccine the disease was stopped in its tracks. There are some who will claim that the epidemic stopped on its own or because some magical fairy dust appeared from nowhere. But there are numerous other examples of once prevalent diseases having been all but eliminated. Many here just aren't old enough to have seen what things used to be like. The key is that viable hosts have to be eliminated through vaccination to stop the disease. As long as unvaccinated people are around in sizeable numbers the disease will continue.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:33 PM
link   

yeah I don't think they exist. Also people need ti know the difference in Vaccinations and Immunizations before jumping into the weeds. I point people to Dr. Sherri Tenpenny. Many would be surprised to know how many Doctors provide the service to stay in State compliance but wouldn't inject their own kids.
Good thread.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Lets look at the first link the dwoskin foundation. Bt there own admission an anti vaccination group who liken vaccination to the holocaust. If you can link to any research they have produced be happy to look at it.
Equally if you can point to an erroneous post of mine will be happy to correct or is it you just don't like people pointing out that the anti-vax movement is based on pseudoscience and scaremongering?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:39 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

Thank you for the reply but it is off topic. I am not discussing vaccinations and their effectiveness in this thread.

I am looking for answers to who is profiting from people not getting vaccinations.

Not to be a jerk, but the "magical fairy dust" is called indoor plumbing and hygiene. Polio is transmitted via feces to oral. You aren't eating poop for breakfast are you, Shooter?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Nope, not eating poop. Nor were we back in the 50's with our modern indoor plumbing and fluoridated town water.

edit on 29-8-2014 by jtma508 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Please take an extra moment to read the exact words I typed.

Is doesn't need much funding as funding would normally pay fir things like research. Something the anti-vax movement is anxious to avoid.

Those 3 links provide funding for research. Yes, they may have a bias towards vaccines not working. CDC has a biased opinion that vaccines do work.

Equally if you can point to an erroneous post of mine will be happy to correct

It is up above. It was wrong because you said the Anti-Vax crowd is anxious to avoid but yet they are doing research.

or is it you just don't like people pointing out that the anti-vax movement is based on pseudoscience and scaremongering?

I believe that is the pro-vax method of operation. Read any CDC hand out. You will be scared out of your pants.

Now, Sceptic don't make this thread go septic by your lack of providing links, pictures, or anything else that shows how there is some sort of national campaign to get parents to stop vaccinating.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Can you point me in the direction of this research. Always willing to broaden my mind.......
And are you really claiming there aren't multiple anti vaccination campaigns ongoing?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScepticScot

I completely disagree with your statement. I think most people would welcome well-funded, independent vaccination research. It is the distrust of the mainstream testing that is fueling the anti-vax movement. The CDC has already admitted to omitting statistically relevant results from their findings.

There needs to be TRUTH and people need to be ablet make informed decisions. I read food labels and sometimes I decided to drink a soda anyway. I get the REAL information and make a decision, but to simply hide risks and potential hazardous side-effects is criminal in my opinion.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I think the consumer aka sheeple are just looking harder at what they are told by government,doctors (whom are coached by the the drug companies),etc. The fact there are soo many class action suits brings to light some of these wonder drugs are in fact harming us.
If this is a ground swell movement one can not answer your questions 1-4..
Interesting idea though.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:02 PM
link   
a reply to: jtma508

you are both right in this instance. Polio was rampant due to lack of hygiene mostly in third world countries. All all nations with immigration experienced some segments of the population that would carry the strain. In your particular example that is a vaccine that has worked almost without a downside. The Rotary Club has done a great job at getting that vaccine to impoverished nations. The world is different from the time we only had a 4 vaccine schedule for our kids and there has been some science put to it. I still think there is a need for some of those vaccinations so I am not on the "don't do it at all" bandwagon. Here is a link I archived with some good info.
Link

Which vaccines should be put on this schedule (among those that do not contain live viruses or thimerosal) is not entirely clear. The top four would be the pertussis (acelluar — aP — not whole cell), diphtheria (D), and tetanus (T) vaccines — given separately (not together, as is usually the case); and the Salk polio vaccine, with an inactivated (dead) virus, one that is cultured in human cells, not monkey kidney cells.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:06 PM
link   

And are you really claiming there aren't multiple anti vaccination campaigns ongoing?

No, I did not claim that at all. Feeling like I am beating a dead horse here, please take a few extra moments to read the sentences properly. I am not claiming you are illiterate but you seem to be having a hard time understanding what I am typing.

Now, while I grab some links for you. Why don't you link me to these campaigns, ads, etc that tell you not to get vaccinated.
Don't link me to a mom's blog or a news article that expresses their opinion against vaccines. Show me a person/corporation that is paying money out of their pocket to persuade me to to vaccinate my kids.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:12 PM
link   

So to make this thread a discussion, here are some questions I am hung up on:
*It is largely a grass-roots effort with no major individual sources of funding... much unlike the sources of funding for pushing against the Anti-vax groups, that funding comes directly from doctors and vaccine manufacturers, amazingly the same folks who make the most profits off of vaccines.

*Up a steep hill in a driving rainstorm while fighting against a bunch of idiots who have drank the big pharma Kool-Aide and politicians who have been bought by the Big Pharam companies, to be blunt. The only promotions I've seen have been in the form of word of mouth combined with anecdotal and observed evidence supporting many of the claims. Like yourself, a hell of a lot of people have gotten sick with exactly what they were just vaccinated "against."

*Citizens as a whole, alongside some segments of the natural food/natural health sectors. (Usually parents who make the decision to avoid all or even particular vaccinations also make wiser choices at the grocery store in reflection of not putting industrial poisons and dead GMO food on their family's table.) Otherwise, no profit-driven corporation economically profits from the natural immune system, which is why it must be destroyed! All hail Pfizor's bottom line!

*See above...

I liken this to many current against the grain movements in America. The anti-war activists, for example... There are needed wars for sure, or at least there have been righteous wars in the past. These wars made certain segments of society very wealthy, so now we have wars for profit. Peace makes no profits. Thus, the peace movement is lambasted and attacked by corporations and the politicans in both parties whom they own. Vaccines are the same. There are a few vaccines which were wonderful Godsends and should probably be administered to all children, but once the pharmaceutical compnaies saw the profits from these few vaccines they realized they could be making a lot more with a wider range of vaccines, whether safe and effective or not. They also paid big bucks to politicians like RIck Perry to mandate children be given these new, questionable vaccines regardless of their parents' approval. So we have horsecrap like Garadasil fighting a 100% preventable without vaccine ailment at the risk of sterility and GBS. They also vaccinate against ailments that aren't even that severe, to be blunt. Chicken Pox!?!?

Afterall, these pharamceutical companies and health agencies are the same imbeciles who brought us flippered children thanks to Thalidomide morning sickness treatments, approved widespread use of Bextra and Vioxx for pain before patients started experiencing strokes and heart attacks 100% caused by the drugs, used lobotomies in response to epyleptics and vitamin D deficiencies, and overall has simply squandered whatever claim they once had on the public's trust in the name of chasing the almighty drug dollar. I trust my own experiences and those of other parents a lot more.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   

1. There is no "anti-vax movement". That's shill-talk. People are outraged about what little information that does leak out. A growing number of people are affected by or know people affected by side effects. Quite a few people believe they should have the rights to make medical choices for their children. These rights are systematically being removed.
2. Information is being distributed through word of mouth, social medial and alternative heath sites. Funding is pretty darn thin. I have a request for funds at home now. I'll send them $50 (NVIC) because Of their commitment to science based facts and their expertise regarding the CDC, FDA and Pharma. I've learned a huge amount from them.
3. Maybe some on-line sites exploit fear but I doubt it's 1/1,000,000 what pharma is generating in profit.
4> See #3. The NVIC is a "not for profit" organization.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join