It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.K. raises terror threat level to 'severe'

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:27 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason
I do believe if you slowly look back at what was said, (i did say I would not bite on NATO) I have tried now to give you evidence in the face of you're bravado my friend

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev
I do believe if you slowly look back at what was said, (i did say I would not bite on NATO) I have tried now to give you evidence in the face of you're bravado my friend

What on earth are you on about now?

Listen, you claimed earlier this elevated threat level was linked to "the meeting in London".

WHAT MEETING?

The reason you're "not biting" is because you've realised the error you made. There is no "meeting in London", is there?

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Silk
Just a heads up also - the NATO summit is upcoming (any one who frequents plane spotter sites on FB will have noticed the upsurge in movements - and a certain helicopters arrival :-) )

I would think that this upswing is also timed to coincide with this huge conference and the people who are attending it without necessarily referencing the event directly.

First let me apologies for the time it is taken me to post comments my wi-fi keeps dropping out and it's rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr a bit annoying.

YES you are correct that an error has been made on my part by assuming this summit is to be held in London.
I unreservedly apologize if injury felt.
edit on 29-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I have a few reservations regarding the country's economy. The government seems to have taken advantage of the new zero-hour contract fad to get more people technically in employment. In my experience very few of these people have been happy with their zero-hour contract, but of course they can't say anything because companies don't need to fire someone who isn't contracted with set hours.

The cost of living crisis is still ongoing. So many people are working full-time (and putting in loads of over-time) yet can't afford somewhere to live. Yet bankers pay still rises four times more than anyone elses and it was them that created the whole mess.

And is a rise of 0.8% really that impressive? It might be better than the Eurozone but that isn't saying much.

Back to the current thread - The rise in threat level is probably due to the pretty obvious growing threat in the middle east.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I have no ill will towards you, I will admit you did put me on the defensive with the way you replied to my comment, alas that is no excuse.
I am just honestly exploring all the possibility surrounding the upgrade in threat level.
As you may have read from my previous comments I have put forward many scenarios and most of them have been met with polite discourse.
your friend crostkev

edit on 29-8-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:02 PM
link   
a reply to: twfau
I agree with all that you put forward here.
The most likely reason for the upgrade is UK residents overseas doing jihad and returning to our shores.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Pretty sure the meeting he is referring to is the NATO summit in Wales

Just does not want to admit he was wrong in saying it was in London.

Also that in itself would not necessary mean increasing the threat level.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 05:51 AM
link   
a reply to: crostkev

In the unlikely event that some kind of terrorist act such as the one perpetrated against Lee Rigby did again take place, or another 7-7 type atrocity were to occur. I don't think the authorities would be able to hold back our indigenous populace from taking action into their own hands. People in the U.K, rather a few Muslims included have simply had enough regarding both terrorism, ISIS and there methods!

edit on 30-8-2014 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: crostkev
a reply to: twfau
I agree with all that you put forward here.
The most likely reason for the upgrade is UK residents overseas doing jihad and returning to our shores.

That is exactly what is is for

the threat from international terrorism has been increased to severe

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

Oh, I know what he meant. I was being a pedant if I'm honest but I thought it a significant enough thing to be a stickler about.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: stumason

How so?

The UK is one war away from being thrown back into Chaos. I don't know what they report on your news over there, but here we get a completely different picture on the state of things over the pond. If your employment is falling fast that is a new development to me. When my mates came back over stateside after they said and I quote "a disaster economy in the making" and no longer could make rent as import DJs after 15 years I would take that as a clear cut sign the employment of the people (who pay to club and go out to shindigs) was definitely suffering. They can focus on the cost of living but what about those pesky Muslims making their own towns and laws and running police and everybody else out? That will surely bite you in the ass.

Can't speak on the austerity in your country, I know it didn't work in my second home of Italy.

The eroding of rights is what I gather from forum posting about people feeling the immigrants are getting more privilege than they are when it comes to employment opportunities and housing.

originally posted by: stumason
Not even remotely close to "revolting", that is just hyperbole from the looney left here on ATS and not actually grounded in any fact whatsoever.

Well some of your mates over there have posted differently. You should start a thread and we can see why some feel a bit more revolutionary than you.

I'm not going to fully comment on the Scotland secede thing as I've only really heard about it through ATS posts and in spite of your rhetoric, the topic seems to be on the fence as far as leaving the UK and I dont have enough research to correctively respond like I want to.

As far as the kid that got killed...over stateside it didn't look like this account to me:

"Oh jeebus..... Again, not even remotely close to "martial law" (not "marshall".......
) You'd think the way some go on about those riots that it was all over the country and millions were out. In fact, it was highly localised with most of the country looking on confused and in disgust at the small minority who took advantage of some gangster getting his dues to throw a fit and steal some TV's"

It looked like Ferguson but maybe that is what BBC America via CBS News wanted us to think, eh? Or it could be it wasn't a big deal to you since the racial intolerances there are not as entrenched as they are over here. But to call the kid a gangster, you will have to provide documentation on that because that is not the story we got here.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:34 AM
link   
The Scots look like they are about to bail on the UK.Cameron is in danger of losing his job and now some "new information" causes them to raise the threat level.I hope the referendum passes despite all the histrionics.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 05:40 AM
link   
The other week the BBC interviewed a British Muslim who had gone over to Syria to fight and he emphasised that despite what is being said, the idea was not to come back from Syria and launch attacks on innocent people in the UK.

Yet suddenly...

So which is it?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Kram09

i just read on the news that the executioner of the journalist was English.

perhaps we haven't got all the info they have. Incredible though that they could 100% identify the person in the video ?

He was covered up... only his eyes were shown.

?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: Thurisaz
a reply to: Kram09

i just read on the news that the executioner of the journalist was English.

perhaps we haven't got all the info they have. Incredible though that they could 100% identify the person in the video ?

He was covered up... only his eyes were shown.

?

if you appeared on the TV with your face covered but talking, would your family and friends know it's you?...i believe i could identify any of my family and all of my friends by vocals alone, i wouldn't even need a masked marauder.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:26 AM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

sure, I did think of voice data recognition.

Perhaps that is the real reason for elevating the status? Because he was identified as a British Muslim?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Teye22

I live in the UK and this threat is nothing to be worried about. We have excellent security services and police.

Failing that James Bond will sort it out single handed

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: wlasikiewicz
a reply to: Teye22

Failing that James Bond will sort it out single handed

Brilliant!

We can all take a deep breath and relax.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Depends on which Bond. Sean Connery may go back home to the Scots.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 11:46 PM
link   

edit on 2-9-2014 by crostkev because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join