It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[Russian] Army wives urge Russia to come clean on soldiers in Ukraine

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2014 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: stumason

No they weren`t.

I remember clearly the biggest demonstrations ever over the whole world against the `03 Iraq war. On average people were 90% against it (and a few % were undecided), except America which had 53% support.

And what about Libia, 33.000 Chinese had to flee (mostly working in the Oil industry).

A few bought leaders don`t count as broad support to me.

And @tsurfer2000h :

since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars.

www.loonwatch.com...

I rest my case !
edit on 7-9-2014 by BornAgainAlien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BornAgainAlien

The West knows if push comes to shuffle Russia uses tactical nukes on troops, carriers and bases, just as what would have happened in `63 if US would have invaded, there was a nuke ready for US troops.

Once the tactical nukes come into play, NATO isn`t all that powerful anymore and they know it.

Wow...Not sure where to do go with that measure of disconnect?

Russia would be wiped from the globe if they ever chose to use Nuclear Weapons. They barely have the resources to maintain and secure the Nuclear weapons they do have..Let alone contest the USA and it's allies in a Nuclear confrontation. You have watched one to many Military Parades and confused it for power.

There would massive, world-wide destruction once tactical nukes are engaged, but the only certainty is that from Moscow to the Bering Sea would make Chernobyl look like a vacation destination.

Putin's own military leaders would feed him a plutonium cheeseburger long before they would ever turn the key on any Nuclear strikes.

What that leaves is Russian ground forces, who appear to either be very poorly trained, easily lost and often finding courage in bottles of Stoli...most often seen demonstrating their military prowess by abusing villagers and helpless civilians or mistakenly shooting down passenger airliners.

Russia's invasion of Ukraine and it's cowardly denial of the same is an act of desperation by Putin, just like Georgia in 08 and that desperation is what causes Putin and his supporters to embarrassingly and continually put on the show of "Bravado".

The leaders of the world don't fear Putin, they worry how to manage his sensitive ego and ineptitude in a way that won't result in an outright collapse of the Russian government and economy, which would be yet another strain on the mature nations of the world.

Again...not sure where to go with this kind of disconnect.

edit on 8-9-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: BornAgainAlien

since the United States was founded in 1776, she has been at war during 214 out of her 235 calendar years of existence. In other words, there were only 21 calendar years in which the U.S. did not wage any wars.

Since the fall of the Soviet Union, the Russian Federation has only gone one year without a war... and during that year, Russian tanks threatened to fire on the Duma!

War of Transnistria (1992)
East Prigorodny Conflict (1992)
Civil War in Tajikistan(1992–1997)
Georgian Civil War(1993)
First Chechen War (1994–1996)
War of Dagestan (1999)
Second Chechen War (1999–2009)
Russo-Georgian War (2008)
North Caucasus Insurgency (2009–)
Ukrainian Insurgency (2014-?)

But who's counting?

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Here would like to add on something if you don't mind...Russian invasions.

1944 Invasion of Hungary
1944 Invasion of Yugoslavia
1944 Invasion of Bulgaria
1945 Invasion of Slovakia
1945 Invasion of Croatia
1968 Invasion of Czechoslovakia
1979 Invasion of Afghanistan
1990 Transinistra
1999 Invasion of Chechnya
2008 Invasion of Georgia
2014 Invasion of Crimea

And I am sure I am missing something, but that's alot of invading.

posted on Sep, 8 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: tsurfer2000h

Chechnya was invaded by Russia twice - both under Putin.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join