It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elizabeth Warren Finally Speaks on Israel/Gaza, Sounds Like Netanyahu

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:03 PM
link   
a reply to: tsingtao

if u were prez, you would throw israel under the bus too?

I wouldn't have to throw them under the bus their own actions placed them under the bus for me.

maybe you should just declare war on them. yeah, that will fix things.

There is no need for war with Israel just cut off all aid to them and their economy will collapse like a poorly built house of cards. When the freeloaders living there find out that all the freebies they have been getting will be cut off they will leave Israel like rats from a sinking ship.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
a reply to: Bassago

Send all fundraising donations to me.

Mods, just kidding, no solicitations in this post are actually real and are for entertainment purposes only... really.

Typical politician tactic.

1. make a statement,

2. wait for the desired results,

3. then retract and declare neutrality with standard disclaimers.

great example

Et tu, Brute?

My enthusiasm is waning rapidly.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: charles1952

Anything sound good? I should warn you to get out of the way when I have a quarter baked idea.

Hee, I think this is a great idea. I'll send you a U2U so we can set it up.

Back on topic. Warren the shill!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Sorry, i guess i was a little unclear. My position is NOT that they proceeded with no regard for human life, because as you say they could have done a lot more damage to strip than what actually has been done. But that returns to my position, since they do have capabilities such as that, why then has it been so difficult to rid Gaza of Hamas? How many deaths they have caused is not really a matter of what you, I, or anyone think, it's a fact. It would be impossible to combat a threat such as Hamas without collateral damage, i realize this. I was never under the impression that the area was carpet bombed and that there is nothing left now. What get's me is the Israelis contempt for Palestinians, and that contempt should be directed at Hamas if they did have perspective. This is an ancient issue that won't ever be resolved due to the fact that both sides will respond to being wronged with vengeance in mind. Despite what you say about Israel showing restraint there is nothing that will convince me to trust them or anything they say and do. Pretty big coincidence that they invaded Gaza on the same day the rest of the worlds attention was on the downed aircraft.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:18 PM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

There is no need for war with Israel just cut off all aid to them and their economy will collapse like a poorly built house of cards. When the freeloaders living there find out that all the freebies they have been getting will be cut off they will leave Israel like rats from a sinking ship.

No reason to think that. The aid Israel gets from the US is military aid, the vast majority of which (over 70%) is used to get US Military equipment. The US Principle is Qualitative Military Edge (QME). Israel is dwarfed in manpower and sheer number of pieces of equipment arrayed against it. The US wants to give Israel a QME through more sophisticated weaponry, so it is not simply overrun.

Cutting US aid would do nothing to their economy, but it would allow the Arab world to just walk in and take over as Israel lost it's QME over time.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: kicked

Dear kicked,

I agree with so much of what you say. I'm not going to say "all" because that's a dangerous word like "never." I think all the parties are nuts to differing degrees.

Islam instills it's followers with a willingness to conquer the world at any cost. Israel is getting more and more paranoid from being trapped, and will shoot at the first thing that moves (and has, if I understand things). They've got something to prove to themselves and their voters which goes beyond mere survival.

That gives us both sides with hair triggers, and Israel knows that ISIL and the other Arab countries are performing calculations daily on whether the situation is right for an attack on Israel.

No, under those circumstances, I don't see peace for a very long time. I've asked in a couple of threads for help in finding any possible agreement that might leave the opponents at peace for more than 10 years, but nobody has anything to suggest.

Contempt for Palestinians? Undeserved. But what country at "war" believes that the majority of citizens on the other side are friendly, smiley people who want to share a meal and a song? Israelis mock Palestinians, and Palestinians get "Hook-nosed Jews" in just about every cartoon and book.

It doesn't help that it's hard to tell who is who sometimes. If we could get from planning to get vengeance to finding a grown-up reasonable peace, I'd be delighted.

I defend Israel only as far as insuring it's survival, other than that, I don't know.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:46 PM
link   
It's one of the most multilateral issues in the world today. A grown up solution is indeed the only viable solution, though when you have parties involved that truly do believe that there are humans who are in fact inferior, a resolve seems very far off. The solution involves people TRULY changing their minds and mandates, there is no solution in the physical sense besides the ceasing of violence. I can appreciate your opinion, it has got me thinking, but i think you and I are on the same page about this.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: charles1952
a reply to: buster2010

No reason to think that. The aid Israel gets from the US is military aid, the vast majority of which (over 70%) is used to get US Military equipment. The US Principle is Qualitative Military Edge (QME). Israel is dwarfed in manpower and sheer number of pieces of equipment arrayed against it. The US wants to give Israel a QME through more sophisticated weaponry, so it is not simply overrun.

Cutting US aid would do nothing to their economy, but it would allow the Arab world to just walk in and take over as Israel lost it's QME over time.

Israel gets far more than just military aid from America. If you figure in all the loans and grants Israel gets between 12 to 15 billion a year from America. If you think America cutting Israel off would do nothing to their economy you clearly don't know as much as you think.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:54 AM
link   
She's a crazy lunatic blood thirsty racist Zionist trash. Remember this when the polls open. Too many dual Israeli citizens in American politics. I'm sure AIPAC and the ADL have her back too, should someone call her out on her remarks. And No, Israel and America do not have a "special relationship". America has been infiltrated and probably black-mailed. It's one of those types of unwanted relationships. Why should America give two #s about Israel??? Only reason is because of all the Zionists that control US congress. That is why and it has to be stopped. Either be an American or be a foreigner.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:46 PM
link   

I think my personal response, if I were a cornered politician would be; "I have no opinion about the Israeli-Gaza conflict. Next question, please."

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Chronogoblin

I think my personal response, if I were a cornered politician would be; "I have no opinion about the Israeli-Gaza conflict. Next question, please."

Hmm, might work in a pinch but might backfire as well. Look how well Obama's latest "We have no strategy to deal with ISIS" went over. Not so good.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join