It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MasterCard-branded National eID Card Launched in Nigeria

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Nigerian Identity Management Commission (NIMC) will issue MasterCard-branded identity cards with electronic payments functionality to 13 million Nigerians. This initiative is the largest rollout of a biometric-based verification card with an electronic payment solution in the country and the broadest financial inclusion program in Africa.

The eID card forms a key component of the Nigerian Identity Management System, deployed by NIMC as part of its mandate to create, maintain and operate the country’s first central National Identity Database and provide proof of identity to Nigerians 16 years and older.

With 13 applications, including MasterCard’s prepaid payment technology and Cryptovision’s biometric identification technology, the eID ca

MasterCard -branded National eID Card Launched in Nigeria

Everyone take a look at this for a minute. While this is in Africa, just imagine this in the United States, especially as our new National ID cards are kicking in to high gear. Ironically I saw this posting from a friend who is hoping to lobby her local congressman to look into her state in doing something like this.

When I see things like this, they make my eyebrow go up in the air. To be this is too much banking mixing in with state. Furthermore, what if I don't want a bank account or don't have one?

This looks like a forced implementation away from paper currency into plastic, and then from plastic into rfid.

All I can say is, take note at the things that are done in the midst of a plague crisis.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I'm not comfortable with this either. It seems like identify theft will be a whole lot more damaging if this were to happen.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:19 PM
link   
a reply to: ArchPlayer

Probably has something to do with this:

The modern 419 scam became popular during the 1980s. There are many variants of the letters sent. One of these, sent via postal mail, was addressed to a woman’s husband and inquired about his health. It then asked what to do with profits from a $24.6 million investment, and ended with a telephone number. Other official-looking letters were sent from a writer who said he was a director of the state-owned Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation. He said he wanted to transfer $20 million to the recipient’s bank account – money that was budgeted but never spent. In exchange for transferring the funds out of Nigeria, the recipient would keep 30% of the total. To get the process started, the scammer asked for a few sheets of the company’s letterhead, bank account numbers, and other personal information. Yet other variants have involved mention of a Nigerian Prince or other member of a royal family seeking to transfer large sums of money out of the country. (Source)

Nigeria is pretty much Ground Zero for scams and bank fraud around the world.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: adjensen
Yes... doesn't it seem scarily like a beta run though?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Nigeria and the US (as well as Europe) have completely different cultures, so, while what is learned in that country, as far as implementation goes, will no doubt be reported and examined, I don't think that they will learn much to speed adoption in the West.

I wouldn't be surprised to see it rolled out to other African nations, though, particularly countries that are as messed up as Nigeria is.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Who controls African Nations? The policies of the neo-colonialists.

If this is being done in African nations, rest assured the long hand of EU/US has something to do with it, the US more so than the EU as a whole, but I'm looking at the UK involvement as the US mostly does a lot of their dirty work. If this is being "experimented" on over there, it is most surely bound to hit over here, culture or not.

Imagine, after articles about reward points being used against people trying to get insurance, this thing hits here and now if you go and purchase your favorite beer, dessert, unhealthy food that data can directly be linked to you and used against you. It is possible.

That is where everybody should be taking notice at the implications of such policy could mean, especially in an America gearing up for something we don't quite know of yet.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:03 PM
link   

HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA! The worst place in the world for scams on us Americans! Yeah. This whole thing will work. Take all but 1 minute for them to corrupt any and all of its intentions.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:42 PM
link   
The worst part about this is you know dam well when it comes to North America, the masses will just eat it up.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Tis only a matter of time before they attempt to do this here. People who do not think they are clever enough to pull off the whole chipping of the population thing have not payed attention to the use of psychology TPTB have mastered over the years since Edward Bernays infamous book Propaganda, which was written back in 1928.

Fortunately for us, there are changes happening in our consciousness that these people can not control no matter how they try. Every time the try to make a step towards some of these greater conspiracies there are things in the background that are stopping them. I may not have proof of any of this however in these troubling times you have two options

1. Being fear which is exactly where they would like you to be

2. Love and its companion known as faith, not in the sense of the control based religion which was hijacked long ago, but faith in humanity, in yourself! For once you claim your true power back there is nothing in this world that can hold you back! Quite literally

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago08America/Chicago831pmThursday8 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Things like that already happen. Those grocery discount cards ... a woman lost her kids because it tracked her buying alcohol. That's also how the CDC is able to trace what foods illnesses came from.

But we want the discount.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:15 PM
link   
yep...this will be here before we know it. They are obviously testing this on an impoverished population because that's what we are heading towards being. Its all about control....and greed. This makes me sick, ill go to prison before i carry one of these around.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

The US has been 'owned' by the banking oligarchy since the 1910's. At least the Nigerians know what bank they 'work' for.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:57 AM
link   
When you realize how big the Nigerian scamming market is, it makes sense.

top topics

join