It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama confesses: ‘We don’t have a strategy yet’ for dealing with Islamic State

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Looks like he had a strategy after all.

THE TAN SUIT.

The 10 Most Important Tweets About Obama's Tan Suit

President Barack Obama addressed the military conflicts in Iraq, Syria, and Ukraine at a press briefing Thursday afternoon. However, for much of the political press corps, Obama's unusual khaki suit was the main conversation.

During the briefing, Twitter erupted with discussion of Obama's fashion choice. Multiple parody accounts based on the suit were created.

Some people had trouble paying attention to the more serious elements of the president's remarks because of his eye-popping garb.

Here are the tweets they list:

OK now that the suit is off the screen can someone tell us what Obama said
— HuffPost Media (@HuffPostMedia) August 28, 2014

Josh Barro of the New York Times blog The Upshot (and formerly of Business Insider) suggested the president would have to take swift and decisive fashion action.

Obama vows to defeat whoever made him wear this suit. pic.twitter.com/zoqj7OVFRe
— Josh Barro (@jbarro) August 28, 2014

Politico congressional reporter Burgess Everett said he was actually asked about the suit in a radio interview just as the briefing was ending.

Just got asked about Obama's suit in a radio interview
— Burgess Everett (@burgessev) August 28, 2014

Buzzfeed's deputy editor in chief Shani Hilton said Obama's attire got a big reaction in her newsroom.

the entire newsroom is abuzz over obama's suit…ah there we are, August
— shani (@shani_o) August 28, 2014

Blogger Michelle Malkin offered a conservative perspective.

I don’t care that Obama’s suit is tan. The problem with the suit is that it’s EMPTY.
— Michelle Malkin (@michellemalkin) August 28, 2014

While ABC News' senior Washington correspondent Jeff Zeleny shared some historical insight on the suit.

It's been a long time since we've seen President Obama in a khaki suit. I recall it during his Senate days, but is this a WH debut?
— Jeff Zeleny (@jeffzeleny) August 28, 2014

NBC News staffer Lou Dubois tried in vain to return to the topic at hand.

Obama is talking about ISIS, Ukraine, immigration and more here. You know, "news." Yet people are talking about a tan suit...
— Lou (@dubois) August 28, 2014

The prolific and pseudonymous Twitter photoshopper @darth was reminded of a suit worn by Vox executive editor Matt Yglesias.

“yes this is @mattyglesias suit please no more suit questions" pic.twitter.com/SMSA6f3QFN
— darth™ (@darth) August 28, 2014

However, Yglesias did not seem impressed.

Interesting suit choice from Obama.
— Matt Yglesias (@mattyglesias) August 28, 2014

For our part, Business Insider sought an expert perspective from "Project Runway's" Tim Gunn.

Hey @TimGunn, do you think Obama made it work?
— Hunter Walker (@hunterw) August 28, 2014

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:27 AM
link   
I feel certain that the 'long-term ISIS-Caliphate Strategy' will start with long, drawn-out, implementation ...resulting in months of inaction to the conquests ISIS-ISIL makes.

this delay tactic will be an underlying theme as the Muslim Brotherhood policy makers/consultants in the Administration deploy the 'suggested topics' for all Clergy and Imams to speak about at the Friday Noon Prayers...in all Mosques throughout the Muslim world.
(they are trying to silence extremist Jihad at the onset source)

the long-term strategy of dealing with ISIS-ISIL=Caliphate will be to school them to practice 'moderate' Islam instead of Violent-Jihad

~~ of course we all know all-too-well that this strategy to curb/reel-in Jihad, Salafist, Wahhabist extreme Islam is a Massive FAIL
but the MB & Øbama will have allowed that radical Islamic State another full year to grow & prosper by Conquest

because the ISIS Arm of the future planned neo-Ottoman Caliphate located in Turkey will need that Army available to the global Caliph...

strategy = delay, drag feet, reluctant and ineffective military actions ...

ADD:
CIA expert: Obama switched sides in war on terror

'America has moved toward its Muslim enemies'

Read more at www.wnd.com...
edit on th31140931940629362014 by St Udio because: add

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I am surprised at all the emphasis placed on his suit as opposed to the message.

Brings to mind an empty suit and an empty message.....

Perhaps that is the subliminal message.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

Looks like he had a strategy after all.

THE TAN SUIT.

You or Media may call the suit a 'Tan' color....

but, Øbama might very well be sending a subtle or coded message to the People... the suit color is actually 'Camel' to him and the message is that he is determined to drag-feet, procrastinate, delay responses to ISIS in Syria, defer constantly to the Congress he defies at every-turn of the clock~ so he can blame Congress for not presenting a 'strategy'

his hubris is showing by showing up in a 'camel' colored suit at that specific official statement release...

dang, does anyone else see what I see...

along with the delay tactics so ISIL-ISIS=Caliphate can have another year to grow, establish itself, commandeer more arms & fighters & territory..

his Justice dept. is giving away that $16 billion fine of Bank-of-America to a select few Leftist NGOs

see:

Judicial Watch reports that the Department of Justice is giving liberal activist groups money from a $16.6 billion settlement
with Bank of America.
The groups benefitting from the lawsuit, according to Investor’s Business Daily, are the National Council of La Raza,
Operation Hope, National Community Reinvestment Coalition, and Neighborhood Assistance Corporation of America.
The money also went to “delinquent borrowers” in Chicago, Oakland, Detroit, Philadelphia, and other major “Democrat strongholds.”

“This is a wealth redistribution scheme disguised as a lawsuit,” Tom Fitton, president of Judicial Watch, told The Daily Caller.
“And who benefits from the distribution? Interest groups the administration relies on, outside interest groups, allies
and politicians in communities trying to benefit as well.”

Fitton noted that these liberal groups are basically what’s left of the Association of Community Organization for Reform Now (ACORN) network, and that President Barack Obama has ties to ACORN.

DOJ To Give Money From Bank Of America Settlement To Liberal Activist Groups

news.yahoo.com...

the man is flipping the whole legislative/justice branches of government and the military & the public 'the-bird'
with both the 'camel' suit and the divvying up of $16 billion to former ACORN NGOs

edit on th31140932815629022014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:38 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

I am a bit more concerned about the actions of the DOJ in this report than I am about ISIS.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why/how the DOJ would be involved in this. I cannot see any (ANY!) way which the DOJ would have the authority or responsibility for this action. The motive and connection to the White House is clear, but from a legal standpoint I cannot see why the DOJ would be involved....I would not be any more surprised to learn that the State Dept had been involved. Same difference.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

I am a bit more concerned about the actions of the DOJ in this report than I am about ISIS.

For the life of me, I cannot understand why/how the DOJ would be involved in this. I cannot see any (ANY!) way which the DOJ would have the authority or responsibility for this action. The motive and connection to the White House is clear, but from a legal standpoint I cannot see why the DOJ would be involved....I would not be any more surprised to learn that the State Dept had been involved. Same difference.

isn't Holder the Atty General, of Justice Dept... He holds sway with his Muslim leanings, backed up by the Execuitive branch

it would not be hard for Eric Holder to sequester those $16.6Bn in fines paid to Treasury/IRS from B-of-A to his compliant office for 'distribution'.... the serpentine maneuvoers this WH takes is amazing
...dazzle them with b.s. is the standard operating procedure, no

But to get back on the thread topic....

www.dailymail.co.uk...

the Barney Fife Syndrome might be a very appropriate defense against Impeachment proceedings against the Oval Office Occupier
edit on th31140933525729002014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:51 PM
link   
If you want a map of armed conflict around the world. Look at particular regions where followers of Islam are at population levels above 15% of the total or the border between a predominantly Muslim country and a non-Muslim or tolerant Muslim country. Sunni and specifically Wahhabi areas tend to be the worst.

Syria, Islamic State, Israel, The late unpleasantness in the Balkans, Southern Philippines, Southern Thailand, Indonesia, Horn of Africa, Afghanistan, Kashmir, Nigeria etc. etc. etc.

The crisis in the Ukraine is a notable exception, obviously.

The reason being is that at its very core, Islam as an ideology (closer to an Ideology than a religion, but that's for another thread), is adversarial. A shia muslim friend of mine explained it thusly:

Him versus his brother. Him and his brother versus their father. His family versus their extended family. Their extended family vs the other families in the tribe. His muslim tribe vs other muslim tribes. Islam vs the world.

At every level of societal interaction, from family to business to casual acquaintances, the ideology demands an adversarial relationship. It is the most destructive ideology I have come across in my travels in the security industry.

The Islamic State represents not only a step backwards for Islam, but destabilizes the whole region. From an economics perspective this is becoming less of an issue than say 20 years ago since their region's primary export (energy) is dwindling compared to other countries. But from a political and security stand point, the creation of a Wahhabi state bent on dismantling civilization to replace it with a backwards and adversarial system of society is very big issue. You think Saudi funding of fundamentalist Islam is already a thorn in civilization's side? Wait until they have an armed puppet with the power of statehood.

The fast solution? The US and NATO with their Kurd allies in northern Iraq needs to side with Russia on this matter with their Syrian allies. Meet in the middle and flatten this seemingly small but virtually global threat while it's still a fledgling thing. They can disagree as much as they like about Ukraine, but on this there needs to be cooperation, I think.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Galvatron because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   

isn't Holder the Atty General, of Justice Dept... He holds sway with his Muslim leanings, backed up by the Execuitive branch it would not be hard for Eric Holder to sequester those $16.6Bn in fines paid to Treasury/IRS from B-of-A to his compliant office for 'distribution'.... the serpentine maneuvoers this WH takes is amazing ...dazzle them with b.s. is the standard operating procedure, no

Yes, he is.

However that does not answer the crux of my post, which was where is the legal justification for doing this?

Obama's number one Advisor, Valerie Jarrett, was born in Iran, but that does not justify anything, legally, either.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 01:23 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

originally posted by: bbracken677
I am surprised at all the emphasis placed on his suit as opposed to the message.

There were only two things that came to my mind while watching his statements ..

1 - The dude just said there is no strategy? They've had at least four years to figure it out. He's an incompetent ninny.

2 - What the heck is up with that suit. It's weak and lame and it looks like crap on him.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

edit on 8/29/2014 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:54 PM
link   

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join