It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama confesses: ‘We don’t have a strategy yet’ for dealing with Islamic State

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:26 PM
link   
a reply to: sheepslayer247

Why should there be a strategy to deal with ISIS when it's none of our business?

But what did Obama say a short time ago?

And why does he continue the bombing raids?

Why is the Obama Pentagon and State Dept saying ISIS is a gigantic threat?

And now Obama says there's no plan

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: ausername

Oddly... I have CNN on now which prompted the flash of bad humor lol.

I took some bullets and just .. twisted them a bit. Toss in a Ferguson here, some folksy talk there.

Yeah...it was a little too close to reality. Suddenly I do not feel so funny....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: bbracken677

or he's getting pretty biased advice from Vallery Jerrit,,,

Valerie Bowman Jarrett is a Senior Advisor to the President of the United States and Assistant to the President for Public Engagement and Intergovernmental Affairs

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:28 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

And why does he continue the bombing raids? Why is the Obama Pentagon and State Dept saying ISIS is a gigantic threat?

Because *gasp* there are 10,000 of them!

In the immortal words of Monty Python: "Run away! Run away!"

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Americans are being recruited to join the fight in the middle east, and worse are being recruited for domectic cells.

I'd say you have a threat to "our own soil" in there somewhere.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

or,,,,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: michaelbrux
No plan for ISIS? Who the told him it would be a good idea to appear at that Press conference in a Tan jacket?

The Nation is perplexed...

The tan jacket is more "sporty" and "golfy"...

You know, more "Ivy League-ish"

F-O-R-E.....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Could always choose to do nothing I suppose.

That's the strategy I would pick. Why does the US have to fight ISIL? Can't somebody else do it? Israel doesn't have a problem killing arabs, let them kill someone who deserves it. The Soviet Union and US have had their turns invading the Middle East, how about letting China take a crack at it? North Korea thinks they have a powerful military, let's see what they can do.

How about letting someone else fight ISIL, and we just sit this one out.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BobAthome
She has been his handler for quite some time:
She was born in Shiraz, Iran. (no joke)

Jarrett got her start in Chicago politics in 1987 working for Mayor Harold Washington[9] as Deputy Corporation Counsel for Finance and Development.[10]

Another Chicago politician. You know, those honest ones.. the ones that didn't get caught.

In 1991, as Deputy Chief of Staff to Mayor Richard Daley, she interviewed Michelle Robinson for an opening in the mayor’s office, after which she immediately offered her the job.[26] Michelle Robinson asked for time to think and also asked Jarrett to meet her fiancé, Barack Obama. The three ended up meeting for dinner. After the dinner, Michelle took the job with the mayor's office, and Valerie Jarrett reportedly took the couple under her wing and “introduced them to a wealthier and better-connected Chicago than their own". She later took Michelle with her when she left the mayor's office to head Chicago’s Department of Planning and Development.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

Americans are being recruited to join the fight in the middle east, and worse are being recruited for domectic cells.

I'd say you have a threat to "our own soil" in there somewhere.

That might be Obama's "PLAN" !!!!!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:35 PM
link   
a reply to: VictorVonDoom

and we just sit this one out. ,, never thought Victor Von Doom, would say such words,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Obama:

"What? And you call yourself VictorVonDoom?"

"Take that back immediately! I mean, heck, it kinda makes sense. It would be a strategy. Would the military industrial complex approve?"

"Oh hell! Forget it! Nevah! We will commence bombing Moscow immediately! I mean, Iran...no, wait.. I mean .. oh heck, bomb anybody! I dont care."

"What? We bombed Costa Rica?"

*Takes off tan suit*....

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:40 PM
link   

u made me do spittle,,,

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I thought maybe he has plans later and didn't want to change clothes. he's made it clear they have no plan on doing the job they applied for and are compensated to do...

...maybe it'll just go away on its own...

...he is a lot like the administration before him...just leave the mess for the next guy.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

and we just sit this one out. ,, never thought Victor Von Doom, would say such words,,

You're right!

ahem

Bah! The petty squabbles of lesser men is of no consequence to the Lord of Latveria!

Better?
edit on 28-8-2014 by VictorVonDoom because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

A strategy of un-involvement? That's new to me. Never heard of that before. Why do you need a strategy devised to mind your own business?

Also, what makes you believe we accomplished anything in Iraq? All we did was spend money and lives to go play in someone else's sandbox.

Perhaps we should have adopted a strategy of "un-involvement" a long time ago.

a reply to: xuenchen

Why is the Obama Pentagon and State Dept saying ISIS is a gigantic threat?

And now Obama says there's no plan

I don't know. Sounds to me like they are working on one or perhaps he is lying. Perhaps they are trying to manipulate public opinion and make people afraid of ISIS so that we will tolerate the continued perpetual war, allowing them to spend trillions more of our tax dollars to pad the pockets of the military-industrial complex.

a reply to: ausername

There have been a few Americans fighting for ISIS in the ME. But are you so sure they are recruiting here in the US? Do believe the media on that aspect? If the media and yourself know of such a threat, do you think Homeland security is going to sit idly by why these terror cells are formed?

I doubt that and I am not afraid of such a thing occurring.
edit on 8/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/28/2014 by sheepslayer247 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Not long now and then you can start wittering about the next president.

link   
a reply to: butcherguy

I have similar thoughts. Here's my take on this:

I think it's a competency issue. He's out of his depth.

We have no strategy because the only thing he's really assessing is the political appearance of any possible choice he makes.

There's no doubt in my mind he has several strategies sitting before him on his desk, but is too feckless to make a choice. I'm sure part of the calculus is to make it the next guy's/gal's problem.

But even assuming there is no strategy yet, why in the world would you ever SAY that?

Like i said, it's a competency issue.

ISIS/ISIL celebrates today....as does Putin.

edit on 28-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

link   
REVEALED: ISIS' Secret Plans To Weaponize The Bubonic Plague

Here is a reminder on why his group has to be dealt with severely

Many here are saying do nothing

imo, These guys are totally insane. They are the worst and if given such power as they have now and more will do things like this and worst.

We can only hope Obama is playing it cool or he’s slowly loosing his mind and should resign…he’s out of his depth
edit on 28-8-2014 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:50 PM
link   

so u never heard of Boston Bombing?,, ya pretty much asleep on that one,,

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join