It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Death Has A Feeling?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Let me explain my position. I was volunteering at a hospital near my house a while ago for 7 weeks, spending time with near-death patients who had little or no family remaining. It was quite a humbling experience to say the least.

Anyway, during those weeks, strange things had been occurring. 2 of the 7 patients I had been working with had died. In and of itself not odd, but the preceding events were beyond odd.

With my first patient, a woman named Marie, I became very close. She led an incredible but sorrowful life, having all of her children die in a plane crash along with her husband several years back. She had been diagnosed with cancer two years ago and had recently been hospitalized. At age 83, she was expected to die in two or three months.

One night I held her hand by her request. I fell asleep in the chair next to her bed, still holding her. Hours later I would suppose, I was shaken awake by a pain in my head. As I rubbed my head with my eyes closed, I saw a single flash of bright red. I didn't really make note of it, and seeing that Marie was asleep, I decided to go home.

The next day at the hospital I was told the news that Marie had died. What was odd was that she had died exactly an hour after I had the head-ache. Again, I wasn't making any connection.

I did, however, make the connection when it happened again to another patient of mine named Juniko. Juniko was a Japanese woman who had been relocated to America by her former employer in 1962. She was now 82. Due to the short time I was able to be with her, I did not know her well.

The happening was similar to Marie. When I first met Juniko, I took the liberty of shaking her hand. Again suddenly, I was greeted by a red flash. At this moment I started wondering if this red flash was what I thought it was. The thought chilled me to the bone.

The sad news arrived the next day that Juniko had died several hours after I met and conversed with her. Then I knew something was off. The red flash must have been warning of death.

Anyway, I was just wondering if anyone had had any similar experiences?

[edit on 5-12-2004 by iceofspades]

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I have never experienced this and hope that I don't ever have to.

The color of your 'flash' is symbolic in itself. Although it depends on your beliefs on how you want to interpret what you experienced; I don't think you can deny the connection you felt from the other person.

Red is the color of our root chakra, and you may have been experiencing the last threads of life in preparation for the death of their body. Most of the time, we know when we're going to die, unless it's sudden and unexpected, because our bodies are changing and informing the mind of what it's doing.

Relate that change to a stars' death and the sudden burst of light it sends out...The energy alone is enough to destroy or give birth to new forms; But it's in that energy that a transformation is taking place.

You could have experienced, on a much lesser scale, a sort of gamma burst. The energy transformation that is taking place would react w/ your own life force and send it a good jolt - i.e. - the headache.

Then again, I've never heard of any stories where someone mentioned this after holding on to a loved ones hand while they passed away. It could be something about you. You may be more sensitive to these kind of 'vibrations' than you know or understand. I would take advantage of that and start reading and experimenting on what you may possibly be capable of.

Good luck!

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Luckily I haven't had those experiences, but it sounds to me that you are a very intuitive/sensitive person. I think you felt indicators of what was to come by touching their hand. Many psychics will use their hands to connect with ones energies, or the Reiki healer, who uses hands to both feel and work with energies.

Perhaps by touching someone close to death, and feeling a headpain and red color, was a subconscious/psychic preparation for you. As it sounds like a very difficult position to be in, your intuition was preparing you for what was to come.
It sounds like you are discovering that you have gifts beyond the average person. I think its similar to reading auras...except you "felt" them...

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Thanks for your responses. I will research more on what has occurred. Maybe you're right, that I'm more sensitive than the average person. Kind of cool but scary too. Thanks again though.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Simular, but not in that it was a red flash. I think everyone sensative to things has their own cue.
But to answer the title of this thread, does death have a feeling - yes and no. It is different depending on the circumstances and person dieing.

top topics

join