It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

People Can Draw Energy From Other People The Same Way Plants Do

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:54 PM
link   
a reply to: threeeyesopen That sounds like a good thing to add. The vizualization of ones intent could be very beneficial in the energy tranference and healing processes.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: sled735

Hello Sled. I haven't been around for awhile. S&F on your thread.

I have a cousin that drains me every time I talk to her. She calls me up all the time asking my advice on things. When I give it to her, it doesn't matter what I say, she has some excuse why she can't do that. She just complains about everything!
Complains about her health
Complains about her feet hurting
Complains about her hair not being the color as shown on the box
Complains about the weather
Complains about her son
Complains about being too fat
Complains about not having enough money
Complains about her house
Complains about her neighbors
Complains about EVERYTHING!

I tell you, by the time I finally get off the phone with her, I'm beat!
I know some of you will ask why I answer the phone. It's because I know she is lonely and miserable, and no one else will talk to her.

I feel bad for her, and she's family, so I try to give her some company from time to time, but she is a psychic vampire for sure!!
I'll have to try some of these suggestions before I talk to her again and see if it helps me feel better.
Thank you for posting something that may be able to help me.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:56 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Being sensitive isnt being weak unless youre talking something totally trivial.

I didnt mean that way. Psychic vampires are also called energy vampires. Its just by chance that a poisonous person is sometimes called an emotion vampire but that term doesnt refer to anything psychic. I was talking in generalities mostly then made a reference to the last quote link.

Psychic vampires I see conceptually as a type of energy work.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Aural

I didn't say or infer that. I said that needing bizarre rationalizations to describe something which can be understood rationally with a little critical thought was what someone who is sensitive would do if they were a bit weak.

I don't equate sensitivity with weakness. Weakness could be physical, emotional, or intellectual. If you're being preyed on, and take it, you're a bit weak. If you adapt, and get yourself out from the circumstances, you're not as weak. Make sense?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:09 PM
link   
people can also feed off each other's energy so that it multiplies exponentially empowering both parties. energy vampires represent the lowest percentile of human capability and function. period.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   
a reply to: pl3bscheese

Okay I get what you mean. Its similar to what I said then I suppose. Although the difference is i think its possible for there to be psychic vampirism but what most people consider to be it is just normal explanations. For it to be legit itd have to fall outside of something that makes normal sense. For instance someone who is not speaking or giving negative body language to someone and that someone is not of some type of disorder and is extroverted also not in bias of some quality of the other person then it could be questioned if possible even more so if the person does not see the other but this obviously is not a majority thing if it is something.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Sorry, just trying to find the scientific analysis that supports your claim that 'science is finally catching up'.

And I personally agree with the premise, but I see nothing 'scientific' about the article, just a very loose correlation.
edit on 28-8-2014 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:49 AM
link   

There is enough energy for everyone. There is no limit. If they want to keep absorbing Light and Love into their bodies, then that's great.

If you're a positive person then you will just keep creating the positivity anyway, so it doesn't even matter. It only matters if you stop creating the positive energy within yourself, then you will feel negative.

That Light comes from an Infinite source. There is always more and more.

No need to worry at all.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I am not completely convinced in the theory, though I think we can see and experience effects which certainly suggest such a thing.

I have been trying to post on the thread about “giving off light”, which despite the OP’s misunderstanding of light, has some value to it as an analogy. I find my mind making a correlation here too.

When we perceive something as green, it is because all the other waves of the spectrum hitting it are being absorbed, except the green ones, which are “blocked” and sent back to our eyes.

When someone is perceived a certain way, it is likewise so- if you see someone as being particularly negative they absorbed the positive coming their way, and blocked the negative.

People who seem particularly positive, have blocked the positive energies and absorbed the negative.

Lots of people out there, really into the whole “love and light” thingy, really want to be perceived by others as positive, so they absorb the negative and reflect only the positive.

No wonder they end up becoming toxic inside. No wonder the nicest people end up with cancer. Because I am not so sure this has anything to do with mystical energies, because even physiology, psychology, and biology can bare witness to the toxic effects of hormonal build up in the body.

Some of those “negative” types tend to consider always being nice as “being stupid”.
This is not without a slight bit of reason- how smart is it to poison yourself just in order to be perceived as ethically superior???

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:20 AM
link   

According to buddhist doctrine, if you are selfless, you would give energy freely, as all things that comprise of substance, obviously by substantiating spiritual energy, is illusion, and the desire to hold on to these illusory things, is, the cause of suffering.

There is a part of you that you cannot lose, however, and that can never be taken away, as it is you, not something you can quantify, but you, as you are and whatever that happens to be.
edit on 29-8-2014 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I would like to say thank you to everyone for your participation in the thread. My busy life prevents me from being able to respond as often as I'd like.

Thanks for all the different views on this topic.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:07 PM
link   
It's called "Energy Vampires"

www.drjudithorloff.com...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluesma

Lots of people out there, really into the whole “love and light” thingy, really want to be perceived by others as positive, so they absorb the negative and reflect only the positive.

No wonder they end up becoming toxic inside.

While it seems like they are giving positivity, they are actually trying to absorb it. They are taking actions to absorb/get that perception/praise/compliments from others.

Some people give to others to manipulate/influence others to do something for them (absorb/take),
and some people actually give.

An example would be this:

Giving a homeless person money who you don't know and will never see again,
and giving to a friend to trap them into giving you something in return.

Some people will say that we give because it makes us feel good. That's not selfish though because you are not manipulating a person to please you through your giving, that joy you feel from giving to another is an internal thing.

To relate this to the topic, if you want to give positivity, then it doesn't matter if they are taking it from you. It's not stealing if you are offering. It's only when you aren't offering positivity to others, when you don't want to give that positivity to others, that you feel like they are stealing from you.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

Thank you, Annee. Now I feel better that I was correct in my OP.

But, there are such things as psychic vampires too.
The definition seems to be about the same.
healing.about.com...

edit on 8/29/2014 by sled735 because: add link

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The terminology 'Vampires', would suggest they seek it out...there are people like this...there are different types though, some absorb by osmosis (and in a sense you agree to this exchange by being in the same locale)...others radiate...

A99

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Too many terms try to use the term vampire. It gets confusing. They seem to overlap as some terms are used more ways than one.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: sled735

originally posted by: Annee

Thank you, Annee. Now I feel better that I was correct in my OP.

But, there are such things as psychic vampires too.
The definition seems to be about the same.
healing.about.com...

Basically same thing.

I gave you Dr. Orloff because she's an actual MD and this is a main focus of hers.

I used to work for a metaphysical/self help publisher.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 10:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

Too bad that every single teaching on this planet comes from those that INVENTED the art of energy vampiring, and they teach all sorts of complex rules and regulations on how to do this, or that.

I have so much energy, that no one can drain me of it, even when I try to pretend it is possible.

It appears, that every higher school of metaphysics, Avatars, mystery schools are all in on the conspiracy , the conspiracy that tells us ALL that we need to have someone ELSE tell us why and how to use our energy.

Just wait till some of us activate ourselves to the levels these scum try in desperation to make us not see.

They do NOT want us knowing that 90% + of all of our energy is ALWAYS being taken, by beings most do not ever see, and will never know are there.

The rest of these interactions with other humans just feel so intense sometimes because we are at the ABSOLUTE LIMIT, of our energy, because it is being siphoned the ENTIRE TIME.

The greed of those who have no energy source for themselves is interesting, since they do not do anything new, and have not for MILLIONS OF YEARS, BILLIONS.

And now, they still maintain such a complex lie to EVERYTHING in CREATION so that no one even fully looks for the cause of all the BULL CRAP in the Universe.

Imagine that, The most WELL-MEANING organizations and every sort of Astral, Causal and anything else you have been told, are all just as fooled as them,

It is no longer necessary for us to protect them, they need the FULL REALIZATION, that this CHARADE, is OVER.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: ParasuvO

You, of course, are entitled to think as you wish.

Although I do believe everything is energy, I have no reason to connect it to conspiracy.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 01:11 AM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

While I will agree on the giving without attachment to outcome or exchange as a more productive and comfortable choice,

There is the sort of situation where people choose to continually "turn the other cheek" when being treated badly by another
(and I have been guilty of this at times, myself). It is not always done for any recognition by an outside source, but by a personal dedication to ones own principles, and the desire to uphold internal self respect.

I have come to the conclusion though, that reflection is often a better route in such cases- if someone is being verbally abusive to you, even after you have shown your preference for more peaceful exchange, then give them back what they have thrown your way!

I have read that some studies indicate that people who live very long lives (into their 100's) often have very strong characters, and can be downright disagreable at times.

I have also noticed that some people learn (perhaps early in life) the benefits they get from getting out negative emotion through act or word, and not only end up doing so a lot, but even sort of hope to help others get the same benefit- through provoking them to "get it out" too. Since they reflect it, it doesn't hurt them, and they imagine you are getting something helpful out of your "negative" behavior in response.

This is a rather loving and kind intent, at the base! Can you imagine the person refusing to "give out" negativity, being provoked by such a person, then claiming they are some sort of evil "energy vampire?" It would be mistaken, and rather unfair to make such a judgement!

This is part of the reason I don't personally wish to encourage the whole psychic vampire concept. The person who is provocative may be getting a surge of positive energy and feeling, but it is not necessarily coming "from" another- it is often just a result of the release of negative energy, which feels good, and brings up the internal levels of positive, or good feeling.

When you have built up negative tension, anger, frustration, try yelling at a pillow and punching it a few times.
See if you don't start to feel better.
Did you soak up positive energy from the pillow??

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join