It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0.1: Mainstream Media, Cyber Security, Pedophiles, and more...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Sublimecraft

nice ...

i would like to see these questions answered

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   
a reply to: NthOther

This isn't all to you, but I was on your post when my mind was swayed.

I do say that after reading the many replies on here about the swearing that I have changed my view somewhat.

I don't have a problem hearing it myself, or using it myself though I do not do so in front of my daughter or other "polite company". I'm seeing it through my filter and not the world wide filter.

So I would have to go back and say that while I am not offended by the use of profanity on NLBS, I agree that it should be used sparingly for maximum affect. I would have to say that using it that way will ensure that when it is used... People will take notice.

I do not normally use certain words even when using profanity. The "F" word only gets broken out when something extreme has happened or I am super pissed off. When that word comes out of my mouth "on those very rare occasions" my husband usually takes quick notice and is automatically on high alert. I think that is what will happen if NLSB chooses to use profanity the same way. It can be used in ways that draw attention to something quickly instead of becoming something normally used to describe the weather.

So let it be known that I can have my mind changed by those on ATS with awesome arguments that convince me they are right.

edit on 8/29/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Quite the tidy performance! I agree with others, you're appearing much more comfortable in this episode. I found myself focusing more on the content, and less on the deliverer of that content, which is how it should be. Congrats!

Glad to hear that you're so receptive to our feedback, and willing to make changes. I'm looking forward to the next episode to read peoples feedback after you have potentially reduced profanity and test-driven a qualitative BS meter. I imagine the next thread's discussion will be far less critical of the presentation, and hopefully the focus will shift toward discussion of the topics, and recommendation of new topics.

Good luck with the 9/11 episode. I'll throw an idea into the pot. Maybe you could feature a short history lesson in that episode, as a reminder to people about the threat of so-called "false flag" attacks. Talk about instances in man's history where governments have manufactured "false flag" attacks to justify going to war, and maybe compare those with the events the took place during and after 9/11. Allow people to make their own conclusions. Here's a relevant zero hedge article: These False Flags Were Used to Start a War.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: DrumsRfun

So, let me get this straight. You the think the US government was in on 9/11 because they told you about 2.3 trillion being missing the day be4 it was all supposedly covered up.

Tell me old wise one, do you really think the people in the government are this stupid? If they were planning to blow up the evidence it would have been a quadrillion times easier to just not bring it up. These foolish concepts are why I simply can not get behind the truther movement, drivel like this.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

I think what you are doing is great you seem to know a lot, I am looking forward to your premier on 9/1 my only suggestion for you is to keep up good work fact check(not saying you don't but I have believed something to be true and was proven wrong which hurt but I learned from it disinfo is everywere) I'll be watching u could make some money off this If you wanted too off advertisements. Lastly keep it on ats I don't do Twitter. Is it cool if I contact you we could probably have a nice chat maybe become friends.

edit on 29-8-2014 by Xcombiyax because: Wrote art instead of ats

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:42 PM
link   
aight.. I don't give a # about others comments so will just jump right in (I'm assuming # is ok to use since it's in the video)
1: tx for tackling the bs
2: your delivery SUKS
3: give in more to the natural humor of each clip... it's endearing to the viewer (john stewart)
4: cadence is of utmost importance in verbal delivery. Take a speech class
5: yes I'ma dick
6: gl in this endeavor
&: if by beta 4 you don't have 10 zillion followers on youtube.. try some more
READ WHY I EDITED MY ORIGINAL POST

b

edit on 29-8-2014 by Bspiracy because: edited to add the Sh1t isn't allowed in post buyt is within videos.. there's some nlbs for ya

edit on 29-8-2014 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Link

Maybe something from these guys for your NLBS Septemberama? Edited to add what the link is...Sorry. Richard Gage talkes about his group, Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth.

I was surprised to see this on c-span...Not sure why but I was.

Cheers
edit on 14p20142014k1414uSaturdaySaturday by spookysully because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 09:55 AM
link   
What I write now does exclude the content because I want to adress something.
Maybe I´m not the only one unnerved about videos (for example on YT) where you expect something interesting from the preview picture only to see some self centered guy(´s) acting just like they way the narrator in this video does and finding out the picture is just a 1s still image. Swearing, trying to be cool in the way it is represented and in the end scaring away all the people that would have the intellect necessary to comprehend the issue in the way it is intended my the video.
And even then, the nitpicking and placing of opinion with those tactics then scares away the rest.

Does that make sense?

Some points may not apply to this video but the whole feeling around it makes this impression to me. So I did not watch.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Ha! Who would've thought I'd like me some NLBS?

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Great stuff guys, I'm really impressed.

I agree with others, you're getting much more comfortable in front of the camera, looks like you're going to be a natural after just a few episodes.

IMO the profanity is fine, it's a myth that most people don't already cuss that much anyway.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:07 AM
link   
First, thanks for the brostep. We fans are so misunderstood.

Second, do you think your outrage might come off as a little manufactured?

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 01:56 AM
link   

I would be so stoked if this was available on channel 7 at six oclock. When it is, I'll start watching it again.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:04 AM
link   
So many red herrings, my 2 year old could catch a fish.

“If only, if only," the woodpecker sighs,
"The bark on the tree was as soft as the skies."
While the wolf waits below, hungry and lonely,
Crying to the moo-oo-oon,
"If only, If only.”

- Louis Sachar

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   
if i had a penny for everyone that told me to watch my mouth, id be a rich mother #er, but not as rich as i would be for the sanme penny deal only when people tell me about my original independent and unique way about me that said dont be a #ing sellout chump conforming to someones idea of what is good or bad, my self included but keep it up i might have found my new favorite news / opinion source

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Friggin brilliant!! Love the show keep up the Intel and keep us on the ball..
well .

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Please don't "Tone down the profanity" just because a few Nuns get their habits in a twist.
Your style is casual, informative and to the point.
If people want a presenter with a rod up their ass, go watch the news..... I like how you're doing it, it's kind of like you're sat around with your friends chatting about this stuff.

You wont lose viewers because of your profanity and if you do, then that's on them and their delicate sensibilities.
Most people on ATS don't mind and are adult and intelligent enough to listen.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Iamthatbish

Unless you are marketing to the PG crowd then you have no need.

So language doesn't matter unless it's to the PG crowd? Is that young people or just people that only watch PG movies?

Either way it sort of wrecks the point that you should say what you want and never self censor.

If you teach a child that every other word should be things I can't say, don't you feel that's bad parenting? If your child grows up calling his or her teacher a c___ and gets kicked out of class daily, isn't that a problem? This is a battle you will never win. Yes, words are just words, but they are also words. If your child miraculously made it through high school and I were an employer she would not even be considered for a position if she used coarse language in an interview. She would be fired if she used that language towards another employee. She would be fired if she used bad language in front of a customer.

No one says you have to shower or dress well. You're still not getting a job. I'll pretend to interview you, but I don't want customers seeing some idiot with dreadlocks with stinky pits dropping crass language and defecating in the sink. Have fun being a free spirit. Just a tiny bit of class, but that's too much.

I curse like a sailor but I'm not going to do it in front of a three year old or someone that tells me they find it offensive. I'm not going to screw myself in a business meeting. I'm not going to completely disregard the feelings of others because I am stricken with unwarranted self importance.

You are free to make as big an ass of yourself as you want (though I notice you don't swear on ATS). Have at it. Do what you will. Your message just sinks lower and lower when you try to appeal to the lowest of the low.

I'm proud of you for reading a book, but I think you're taking the message a little too far.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Hey OP,

I'm just here to thank you for your efforts. To put your face on the net with an ip, takes more than a desire to accumulate wealth- giving premise to your fringe-like outlook...wearing a suit and tie wouldn't gain my confidence in your presentation.

If someone 'must' criticize you, they 'must' have similar trait?

Thanks for liking yourself enough to be of use to others like me who appreciate what you risk.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Well I quite enjoyed this, and hey I'm not bothered at all about the swearing, don't pander to those that are too sensitive maybe they can go and watch fox news or something, I found it interesting and pretty comical. Well done man.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 02:28 AM
link   
I dig the show, a couple of well placed f-boms is needed when dealing with the BS. Just remember, with great power...

Keep it up and keep your # clean so that they dont have anything to use against you.

We're all with you.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join