It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Boy Implanted With 3D Printed Vertebra

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:33 AM
link   
A 12-year-old boy suffering from bone cancer has become the first recipient of 3D printed artificial vertebra replacement. The five hour surgery was performed at Peking University in China where the boy is still recovering.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
NOW THIS IS INCREDIBLE! S&F

I saw this a few days ago. With all the doom and gloom in the world, its stuff like this that makes me proud to be a human.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Wow! This is really amazing. I love hearing about new medical advancements. Thanks for sharing, S&F.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: angkory13

Great news...i wonder how much the part actually cost to make versus what a hospital may charge not counting labor.

I get that it must be steril but i wonder how different the compound is from what you are i could get?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That is absolutely amazing!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Cool news. SnF!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:13 PM
link   

That is terrific news for American's with lower Vertebrae problems. I am slated for surgery in a few years because my disc at L5 and S1 is just about gone, maybe by then they can 3D me a disc.

edit on 28-8-2014 by ChesterJohn because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Sure this is good and all. But does the original bone serve a function, like production of blood or marrow?

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 05:56 PM
link   
bloody hell!!

theres hope for me and my slipped discs! the light at the end of my tunnel has just got a bit bigger, i'll mention this to my surgeon. thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 1 2014 @ 06:02 PM
link   
a reply to: ChesterJohn

thats the same one as mine, it went last year (on top of the operated one) and it went out again a few weeks ago.

its a nightmare.

new topics

top topics

join