It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Awesome product: Beer Blizzard

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Good morning, all.

We've just come out of a horrid heat wave here at the homestead, and even insulated coolies weren't keeping our beers cold while we enjoyed the summer days on the patio (until we had to come inside to avoid heat illness!), and I've noticed that I often pour out the last couple of ounces of my beer because, well, it's warm. Ick. Never did like the dregs of the can/bottle.

I know it is a waste of money (even though we drink very inexpensive beer most of the time) - and this morning I discovered while surfing a product that I have just ordered......

BEER BLIZZARD!!

It's one of those refreezable plastic jobs that substitute for ice, ya know, and it's made to fit into the bottom of a can or under a bottle - and keeps the beer cold until the LAST SWALLOW!!

These two guys invented it, and had a "fundraising period" in which they made $25,000 in just FOUR DAYS.
Brilliant.

Beer Blizzard™ Launches with a 'Storm' of Activity

Kickstarter project draws international support to put an end to warm beer

Two clever drinking buddies, a hatred of warm beer and some joint compound combined to create a product that will change the world as we know it (for slow beer drinkers) – the Beer Blizzard™. A reusable ice cube shaped like the bottom of a beer can, made from thermoplastic polyurethane and filled with a non-toxic, quick-freezing fluid, the Beer Blizzard ensures ice cold beer stays ice cold from the first sip to the last.

Inventors Mike Robb and Tom Osborne took their brainchild to Kickstarter, the world's largest funding platform for creative projects, with a funny video and an initial funding goal of $5,000. The duo's 45-day campaign to raise money to help with equipment costs, tooling and their first large-scale production run launched on April 25, 2014, and their funding goal was achieved in a mere four days. And, their video has been seen nearly 3 million times.

Well done, guys....WELL DONE!
(Why didn't I think of it?
)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Ugh.. cold beer .. beer is meant to be drank warm .. .

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Expat888
My beer sometimes explodes in the freezer if I forget that I put it there to chill. The wife goes nuts.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: weirdguy
My beer sometimes explodes in the freezer if I forget that I put it there to chill. The wife goes nuts.

That should be a crime freezing a perfectly good beer .. the very thought of it makes me cringe ..
On the other hand you could make vodka and orange juice popsicles ..

earplugs or mp3 stereo headsets work well for dealing with wives ..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:57 AM
link   

LOL!! I know, I know - some believe that. I can't STAND warm beer. Ice cold, please. And watery and fizzy.
I know there are people who enjoy room-temperature ales and such (like Guiness), but I find it revolting...
and we can't have that!

So - I won't be shipping you any Beer Blizzards for your birthday, then. We're clear on that... right??

edit on 8/28/2014 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

So many people will Never know. LOL

♩ ♪ Joined the Army to see the world ♫ ♬
♫ ♬ But all I seen was ugly girls ♩ ♪

And quality German beer

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

LOL!! I know, I know - some believe that. I can't STAND warm beer. Ice cold, please. And watery and fizzy.
I know there are people who enjoy room-temperature ales and such (like Guiness), but I find it revolting...
and we can't have that!

So - I won't be shipping you any Beer Blizzards for your birthday, then. We're clear on that... right??

No worries .. its all good and a matter of preference .. got in habit of warm beer back in the 60's .. most places been havent had all the luxeries .. plus find the flavour better when warm ..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

After enough beer all the girls look good .. correction most theres a few out there in which no amount of beer would make them look good .. heh pre-embalmed from all the bau mi ba beer that drank during my days with s.o.g ..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:20 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well I like the idea of the Beer Blizzard, although the types of beer I drink (ales... these pansies and their yellow beer... what has happened to the modern man? Can't handle the taste of proper beer...grumble grumble) are better served much closer to room temperature, than the Lagers drunk by most folks.

What I would do with those, is I would purchase a massive number of them, maybe a couple of hundred, and I would make myself clothes into which they could be slotted, in rotation, during the summer, like frozen dragon scales.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:37 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

That is a brilliant idea!!

I'll have to pass it on to the Festival organization I used to be part of - the performers are always dressed in long sleeves and heavy fabrics - and on 100F days, it's not uncommon for some to "go down" from the heat.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Actually - speaking of body temperature stability - did you all know that if you are super-hot, it's actually a HOT drink that will cool you off faster? Learned that on a summer trip to the desert from one of the professors in charge.

(Also - never, ever drink water from any ponds/lakes that are crystal clear - they are deadly.
If there's nothing alive in the water - it won't keep you alive, either.)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888

Hot, cold, warm, I never met a beer I didn't like. Now I sound like a politician...sorry.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:10 AM
link   
There's plenty of ugly men out there and no amount of beer makes them look better.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:16 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

That is why I drink tea during hot days. Although I must admit, to rehydrate (which tea is not so great at) I drink water with a whole heap of ice in it. Tea will make you sweat, its true, but you cannot beat good old fashioned H20. In fact, the perfect summer drink, is technically a two state(s of matter) solution. See? And people thought they would never see it in their life times!

Faith people! Have faith!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Lol those guys saying you should only drink warm beer live in freezing countries.. Try drinking a 40c beer and tell me you like it.

Stout when hot is :/

Cold plox

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:37 PM
link   
i dont drink beer for the taste, but drinking it cold does add an element of refreshment. and it makes it easier to suffer through the beverage until it kicks in. of course, i alternate between beer and mixed drinks. because i DO drink those for the taste. and the rum/whiskey/vodka doesnt hurt either.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Mmm. See, that's the thing, I LIKE the taste....Of Ice Cold Pilsner or Lager Beer.
I don't drink pop/soda. Leaves a nasty film in my mouth, as well as thirst. 16 teaspoons of sugar? No, thanks.

Liquid bread that refreshes, relaxes, and hydrates? Yes, please.

(And yes, beer hydrates you - just like coffee and tea).

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Mmm. See, that's the thing, I LIKE the taste....Of Ice Cold Pilsner or Lager Beer.
I don't drink pop/soda. Leaves a nasty film in my mouth, as well as thirst. 16 teaspoons of sugar? No, thanks.

Liquid bread that refreshes, relaxes, and hydrates? Yes, please.

(And yes, beer hydrates you - just like coffee and tea).

i have a sweet tooth.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Bummer. I kicked mine years ago - when I realized I was "hypoglycemic" (that sugar gave me an immediate 'surge' of adrenaline, followed by a crash. If I had a donut for breakfast, I had to eat sweets all day long to keep my blood sugar level even. If I avoided sweets, that didn't happen!)

Sorry about your sweet-tooth, though. It's a tough habit to break. I, as a beer drinker, am physically fit, of normal weight (currently 5'4", 124 pounds, at nearly 56 years old) and there is nothing wrong with my CBCs when I go for a checkup!!

Beer.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Bummer. I kicked mine years ago - when I realized I was "hypoglycemic" (that sugar gave me an immediate 'surge' of adrenaline, followed by a crash. If I had a donut for breakfast, I had to eat sweets all day long to keep my blood sugar level even. If I avoided sweets, that didn't happen!)

Sorry about your sweet-tooth, though. It's a tough habit to break. I, as a beer drinker, am physically fit, of normal weight (currently 5'4", 124 pounds, at nearly 56 years old) and there is nothing wrong with my CBCs when I go for a checkup!!

Beer.

you say that like my sweet tooth is a detriment...if i have taste buds, i may as well enjoy them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join