It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sad video of a family kicking out their gay son.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:53 AM
link   
This is horrid I feel for the young lad who has been thrown out and attacked physically for being gay.

I can't find it on you tube so here it is.

www.break.com...

Could you do this to your children If they happened to be gay?.
I hope the lad is ok.

Why can't the parents be like this guy.

Just accept them for who they are.
edit on 28-8-2014 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Well, homosexuality and judism in general does have an issue. It is pretty clear in the bible what "God"s stance is on homosexuality..science is demonstrating physical differences, so yeah.
But
Bible doesn't demand people disown sinners and not help..pray, be there to guide if they want, sure...but what they did was not part of any religion I am aware of...that is their personal ego and vanity they are protecting

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Ahh you gotta love hypocritical fake Christians...

They REALLY showed their true "Christian" beliefs in that video, for sure.

I'm not one, but I can spot the fakes in a heartbeat and they are a perfect example of those that the Bible speaks of, when it says, (paraphrased) "There will be those that come to Me and say, 'Lord, Lord,' and I will tell them to go away from me, I never knew you."

You can't speak love and hatred at the same time. Notice that she says, "I love you, but..."

Love is love. There is no "but."

Not only verbally attacking him, not just with hateful words but language that anyone would consider to be categorically unChristian. They then proceeded to physically attack him as well. How wonderfully their love for Christ shines through.

I feel for the guy, I really do.

I've said many times over the years that just because you are saddled with someone genetically does not mean that you have to have anything to do with them. Sometimes you just have to walk away and never look back.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Sounds like a good old American christian family to me.
The most religious country in the world but the least spiritual.
edit on 28-8-2014 by cyberheater because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:34 AM
link   
Damn religion again. "Don't bother arguing facts son, god wrote a book and we're thick as #" It's a shame the lad wasn't a bit more like my gay friend. 16 stone of muscle and once beat up 4 coppers and bit an ear off.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I don't have to accept anything I do not agree with... Just like others have the same choice also. If it came down to my daughter being a Lesbian somewhere down the track though, I would not disown her though I still would not agree with her decision and I would tell her that also.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:38 AM
link   
im bi i have girls and boys, i told my mother that some times i like boys and she said "no problem thanks for saying so"

will i tell my dad? no, hes an old school military man and im very sure he wouldnt accept be bringing home a boy, i asked my mother if i should tell him and she just right up "hell no dont do that he will never talk to you again".

some people cant handle that sort of thing.

What a nice thing for that dad to do, saying ive known since you were 6, was a bit wrong, but he didnt mind and was kind so we should focus on that

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Peoples objections and repulsion of homosexuality stems from their upbringing and social conditioning. The longer time goes on, the more it will be accepted. The Neanderthals will slowly die out, and a more liberal society will grow and evolve for the better.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:15 AM
link   
its a bit weird people still have a problem with gays.

whats the issue? its not your life.

but the hell out.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I can not imagine throwing my son or any of my daughters out of my home or disowning them because of them being gay.

I can not relate fully to homosexuality, because I am a heterosexual. But I would be damned if I would disown any of my children because of that.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I can not imagine throwing my son or any of my daughters out of my home or disowning them because of them being gay.

I can not relate fully to homosexuality, because I am a heterosexual. But I would be damned if I would disown any of my children because of that.

what does that mean?

you would disown them or you wouldnt.

big deal if they are do you wish them to be happy or not?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Poor kid. Its true what they say, you choose your friends but you are stuck with your family.

Damn those people are pathetic.

Pathetic.

"Christians" being christian by judging, castigating, turning their back and throwing people out of their own home.

21st Century religious America. Straight out of the dark ages.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I personally will love my children no matter who they love.

That child is much better off without them.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

what does that mean?

I most definitely would NOT throw my children out or disown them for being gay.
I thought my stance was clear when I said this,

But apparently I wasn't clear enough.
I hope it is clear now.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Biigs

will i tell my dad? no, hes an old school military man and im very sure he wouldnt accept be bringing home a boy, i asked my mother if i should tell him and she just right up "hell no dont do that he will never talk to you again".

I am truly sorry that you are in that position. You should be able to bring a boy home and your dad accept it, but we can't control what others think or do in cases like that.
Maybe he would accept it? It might be worth talking to him about it.
I hope the best for you.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
I think far too many people have children secretly hoping to make them what they want them to be. They want either mini me's or something so much better than they thought they were so they can live through and brag through them. They are serious when it comes to thinking their children are a direct indication of their own worth, value, etc.

They don't have children so they can learn what it means and what it feels like to love someone so much more than you could ever love anything or anyone else in this world. They don't do it to feel what that unconditional love feels like. They don't do it because they are hoping that in some small way the child they nurtured and loved beyond measure will hopefully venture out into the world one day to teach others how to love, how to share, how to be empathetic, and spread those dying attributes as far and wide as they can.

They do it so they have a mirror. Or they have something to say "See? See what I did?" Thats if they are fortunate enough to have a child that can even begin to measure up to their impossible standards of perfection. Once in a while one is even rewarded with a child that is blessed with some form of talent or intellect and to those people... having that is like winning the lottery.

Those parents with those impossible standards see things like this as a fault. A crack that needs to be fixed and hidden away from the world so no one will claim or see that they have created a child with a faulty foundation. Something less than perfect. Something that does not exist in the perfect status quo. Their child has an Achilles heel. They see it as some form of failure on their part or some form of revenge from their own child.

Those people should never have children. Those are not faults. I feel bad that I see these kinds of parents seemingly more frequent than not and I wonder why they even bother to have children at all. I suppose I just can't fathom having children for all of their reasons. I feel sad for the child because they will always feel like they have failed in some form or fashion when that simply is not so.

I could not do this to my child. Never.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

My oldest daughter is bisexual and I have absolutely no issue with it. Whatever makes her happy makes me happy.

Heck, she told me she's in an open relationship with her boyfriend and another couple. Only thing I told her is make sure they're all protected and have fun lol

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jomina

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

My oldest daughter is bisexual and I have absolutely no issue with it. Whatever makes her happy makes me happy.

Heck, she told me she's in an open relationship with her boyfriend and another couple. Only thing I told her is make sure they're all protected and have fun lol

That's the only thing you can do. Ideally, I would not want my daughter to be with multiple partners (she's only 16 now and I'm having a hard time thinking about just one) and I feel like I would not be as adverse if she were older (and I could think about it without crying lol) but that will be her decision and not something that I would love her less for. It wouldn't even be about the number I think as much as the safety like you said and the complications that could arise as far as hurt feelings and such.

I know I did things differently than my parents would have liked, but they loved me and that's what good parents do IMO. They will not always make the choices we wish they would and that's not about being gay, but about anything. Be it partying, continuing education, etc. they must make their own way and we should all be that soft place to fall when they need it. Anything less, and maybe you should have thought a little more on the subject of having children at all.

I truly think it's heartbreaking to feel as though the 2 people that should love you more than anyone in the universe could toss you aside as easily as that and for something that has nothing to do with you at all. I can't imagine going through this life knowing that the people who gave me life did not love me enough to accept me just because of who I shared my bed with. It's insane to me.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Sad video. The South, I can hear it in the accents.

I could Never, Ever treat my child like this. He's my whole world, and deserves my love whether he be straight, gay.

Good God, Christians in the South care too damn much what others think of them, I couldn't give a damn what people think of me. What if their son leaves as told and dies in a car accident, what will they feel then? Will this petty crap have mattered. Ego, all is EGO.

Playing Simon says is getting old.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

what does that mean?

I most definitely would NOT throw my children out or disown them for being gay.
I thought my stance was clear when I said this,

But apparently I wasn't clear enough.
I hope it is clear now.

good for you. you have a good attitude and i applaud that.

My father is an old school guy and i wouldnt dare even bring this up, we have a good relationship and i wont risk ruining it by saying anything.

He hates gays, and me saying ive had boyfriends would utterly disrupt an otherwise clam, cool freindship

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join