It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new vaccine blocks HIV in monkeys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:25 AM
link   
A friend just found this on the internet, and quite frankly it is most interesting.

Apparently a vaccine which block HIV (which causes AIDS) virus has been developped, and succesfully tested on monkeys.

The vaccine, whose success at blocking infection was described by its own designers as ‘surprising’ and ‘unexpected’, appears to work by stimulating the production of a previously unknown group of CD8 T-cells that stopped the monkeys’ CD4 cells from recognising SIV as a foreign invader, thereby preventing an immune response to SIV. This suppressant effect - which works in the opposite way to a traditional vaccine - means that the SIV is deprived of the SIV-specific immune-activated CD4 cells it needs in order to proliferate and establish an infection in the body.

So far 15 of the 29 monkeys have been completely protected from SIV infection. The effect appears to last; the last challenge was three years after infection and vaccinated monkeys’ immune system shows ability to suppress viral reproduction four years after vaccination.

Trials on humans are planned very soon.

Two initial safety trials are now planned in humans. In one, HIV-negative volunteers at low risk of HIV will be given the vaccine to see if it stimulates the same immune- and virus-suppressant responses. In the other, HIV-positive volunteers on fully-suppressive antiviral therapy will be given the vaccine and then taken off ART six months later if test tube results suggest the vaccine has produced such responses.

source: www.aidsmap.com...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:36 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Good job getting this thread up so quickly! It does look promising, eh?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:49 AM
link   
a reply to: swanne

Well done. I am extremely hopeful this pans out. As I've said once before, what really interests me is that the inactive SIV with what is really just a simple pro-biotic prep should induce such an intense immune-suppressant response. What does this mean for future immunosuppressive research?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The problem will be with those already infected as they have a reservoir we have yet to be able to deplete once the infection takes hold.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:16 AM
link   
They better make sure it doesn't have side effects.
Like monkey Autism.

Interesting news and hopefully it will lead somewhere in humans.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:36 PM
link   
There are quite a few Northern Europeans that can't get Aids from what I read. They have an immunity if their ancestors survived a plague or something I guess. Now, they supposedly have a test that can tell if you have immunity, but they don't give anyone the test. I suppose they will choose people who have this immunity to test their vaccine on. This will show a huge success rate. Deception runs this world.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
No. The immunity comes from a change in the gene that produces the HLA-B protein.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 05:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Ceony

a simple pro-biotic prep should induce such an intense immune-suppressant response. What does this mean for future immunosuppressive research?

This is, quite frankly, groundbreaking. It can save so many lives. It is somehow akin to finding a cure to cancer. Unfortunately, this means that as soon as the knowledge for the cure is published, competition will arise. Everyone will be struggling to become the "corporation which saved millions of lives" - a hell of a publicity stunt for any corporations. And if corporations hold the cure, then they'll want to sell it to those with AIDS. If this happens, then money may get the better part of the judgement of the corporations. They'll seek more profit. This means, they'll be very much tempted to boost the demand for the cure. In other words, to covertly spread AIDS disease, so that more people get ready to pay for the cure.

I smell weaponization. I think the cure is a wonderful find, but I fear that somehow greedy men will find a way to transform something wonderful into something profitable.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 02:30 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yup, I most probably have that mutation. It is a plague to our family. If you eat certain foods it causes inflammation all over. My brother has spondilitis that was bothering him for pain. They wanted to destroy his immune system. It went away, he just quit taking the medicines they were giving him. I have the distortions in my toes that show I have this mutation and had a lot of problems taking medicines long term. My body starts to attack itself and do lots of weird stuff. My sister had RA, this is part of the same Gene. 24 percent of people that originated from Lapland have this gene. Now it is said that autoimmune disease is not really a disease. It just a modification that doesn't let you overeat foods, you need more diversity and can't eat certain foods. They form an inflammitory response.

It also supposedly attacks misfolded proteins. Just because they are attached to your bone doesn't mean they should be there I suppose. So it calcifies the spine in the process. That sucks, I have lost lots of mobility. I'm studying it quite a bit again, lots of new articles appearing on this on the net now.. This is part of the reason I can't take flu shots I think. The body attacks any trace of disease that go into the body pretty hard. Building my immune system up is not a good thing to do. Sometimes we just need to listen to our bodies, not other people who say they know what they are doing.

Thanks for getting me to investigate, I found a lot more about my laplander genes today.

edit on 29-8-2014 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

top topics

join