It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Town populated mainly by women seek single men.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:44 AM
link   
No thanks ... prefer to live by my own rules .. and after the experiences with my ex-wives not a chance in hell living anyplace women have control .. would accept life under nwo rule before ever accept life under a womans rule .. at least in a totalitarian state I stand a chance of surviving ...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'd rather move to Liberia in the middle of a Ebola epidemic...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Expat888
No thanks ... prefer to live by my own rules .. and after the experiences with my ex-wives not a chance in hell living anyplace women have control .. would accept life under nwo rule before ever accept life under a womans rule .. at least in a totalitarian state I stand a chance of surviving ...

I'm the same, the only women in my life are my two daughters for now and I'm happy with that.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Lady_Tuatha

Wish I heard of this a while ago. Instead of telling femnazi to go f themselves for trying to steal away others rights and claim freedom... we send them to the island (or not so island).

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:06 AM
link   

If I believed for a moment that stereotype enforcement protocols in that society were any less stringent than in the one in which I live, then I might be tempted. But I know from personal experience that ladies, as wonderful as they can be, are no better at tolerance than men. They merely express their dissatisfaction with things in a way that makes you want to kill yourself, rather than ganging up and beating you to death themselves

In all seriousness though, one would have to have much MUCH more information about their way of life, before knowing whether or not it would be a good idea to go there to live!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised they let a child get married to a man of the church and, that they gave any credibility to the rules he imposed. It was the church that caused the founding of that town.

Sounds like they're simply saying they won't change to suit another's beliefs again.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Repressed women wanting to get their panties ripped off and have wild freaky sex. Check.

Please "blank" in me and then go away. Check.

Wondering why the local male sheep stare vacantly and don't bleat. "Ummm, yes doc, uhhhh, could you check me for any animal related sex diseases". Embarrassing,, but check (off to the side because you want people to think your confused).

A greatly accelerated cycle of "I love you, until I hate you" emotional mine field from hell times one thousand. Uncheck, uncheck, uncheck, uncheck......

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Had I known this before I got married I would've been on the first flight out and nobody would've ever seen me again.

edit:
So they control everything, huh. I would've stayed until they got on my nerves, then I would've escaped on foot.

edit on 28-8-2014 by Fylgje because: to add edit

another edit:
My common sense is telling me there isn't something right about this. I tghink it's a trap. Don't fall for it, guys. I bet they're gonna get some men there to work those gardens that THEY are working in!! Then you'd be too tired for sex. I ain't falling for that # no siree bob.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Fylgje because: add 2nd edit

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fylgje
Had I known this before I got married I would've been on the first flight out and nobody would've ever seen me again.

edit:
So they control everything, huh. I would've stayed until they got on my nerves, then I would've escaped on foot.

Haha, it would be a different story if they had never seen a man before and I just happened to stumble across this community and they worshiped me like Caesar and met every demand I wanted.. But I think making a demand in that community would get you about 20 shovels across the scone and your marching orders.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I think those ladies would eventually get tired of the wimps they seem to want, I once drove my wife crazy for a day by just simply saying "yes dear", and just what would those ladies say when the male learns the power of a headache?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I don't think these women really thought this out either. What will they think of all the farting and beer drinking that goes down once the men get there?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
i bet the nagging can be heard from over a hundred miles away!

but on a more serious and less (jokingly) sexist note: i don't think societies like this are ideal. falling in love with someone that you can only see twice a week is more like falling in pain and depression. i'm sorry a specific man under a specific religion belittled you, and i'm thrilled these women kicked them out! but it is 2014 and perhaps trying a less stringent code would help.

admiral ackbar would have a thing or two to say about this

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Reminds me of the fictional society in the book "Hominids" by Robert J. Sawyer

women and men live in separate communities for 25 out of every 29 days. The four days when they do come together — known as two becoming one — are the cause of a monthly celebration and holiday. All women have synchronized menstrual cycles, and the meeting-times are set so that conception is unlikely — except every 10 years, when another generation is purposely conceived.

I have a feeling if and dude decided to "live by their rules" he'd have to leave his man card at the door!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Why don't they ask that other village made up of primarily single men ...what's it called?

Oh yeah, the "internet..."

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah
Ehm. Perhaps, in hindsight, kicking the religion at fault to the curb, rather than an entire gender would have been a better option for them. Congrats, amigas, you made men the second-class throw-aways you despised being?

You read my mind. Couldn't have put it better.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Klassified because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

This story tells in a little differently
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Men are not "forced" to live elswhere during the week, it's just most of the men work in the city and so are away for the week.

Think this story may have been blown out of proportion.

“It looks as if the majority of the population are women, but it’s partly because the men leave during the week to work in the city.”

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Hmm. I wonder why they don't just do like men do and bring in a couple loads of sex workers? It works for mining camps, armies, pioneers and everything else all over the world and throughout history.

Great find. F&S&

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Would like to know more details... (Also heard about it on the radio this morning.)

I'm curious as to how far $3,000 U.S. stretches over there? And how does immigration work out in that country? If I could get a bachelor pad on the edge of town and somehow manage to get fast internet and a job to pay for it, the weekend visit rule probably wouldn't be all that awful.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: pikestaff
I think those ladies would eventually get tired of the wimps they seem to want, I once drove my wife crazy for a day by just simply saying "yes dear", and just what would those ladies say when the male learns the power of a headache?

I can swear I saw some research about this "yes dear" thing. I tried finding it in my favorites, but no luck. I THINK what happened was the partner who did the "yes love" thing felt worse even though the other felt slightly better. Just the opposite of what you say here.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: egoli

Yes! I like this one better! All dudes of ATS lets carpool!

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join