It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Even More Terribly Honest Labels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:20 AM
link   
I thought (incorrectly) that this was going to be my 300th thread here, but my count was off by one. I wanted something fun for my 300th and to bring a smile as well. So I suppose you all will just have to settle with this being my 301st thread and only smile half as much. I apologize for my bastardized math skills.

I posted this thread: www.abovetopsecret.com... the other day and happened upon these pictures not long afterwards. I laughed so hard at a lot of them that I just had to share a few with you all.

So without further ado... I give you advertising... The way it would look if these companies weren't wordsmiths and were required to be a little more honest!

Few will admit to playing it, but when they do... They'll tell you this is the truth.

I can neither confirm or deny.

Personally, I think they all do that!

That's not a news flash to anyone here is it?

If you say you didn't try this... You lie.

I think I was actually disowned at least twice for this and the lite brite pieces.

Out of hundreds of boxes of this, I think I got the top off once...

It was the damned shoe... It's the shoe EVERY TIME!

MEDIC!!

Say it really fast and hope nobody notices that you can't pronounce it correctly...

Can they not come up with a better search??

15 different kinds of cancer and a disease only chinchillas are supposed to get... WTH?

It was only a fun and wonderful toy in the commercials.

I never really thought of that...

I know right? Who couldn't finish a pack of this in under two hours??

That or smell armpits.

I'm waiting on the one that could also cut my grass.

Well yeah... Kind of like the cheesy hash browns from Cracker Barrel.

I can confirm this...

Drunk or sober... It's totally worth the heart attack later.

What else will keep the children silent during church, weddings, and funerals. Grandma isn't stupid.

A true conspiracy.

As long as mom and dad never did... it delivered.

There are a ton more of these here: honestslogans.com...

I hope some of you laughed along the way. I thought a lot of these were pure genius even though they are pretty simple. If you find some favorites, come back and share them! There are way too many for me to post all of them. May your day be a happy one full of smiles.

edit on 8/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

S&F for the Waffle House mention alone.

I miss Waffle House. ... And Arby's.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:40 AM
link   
These... are so true... SO MANY. Like those Zebra stripes gum? I haven't seen that gum in years until recently when I was out in a small town. I bought it for fun. AH the gum smells so good! But the flavors really do die after three seconds. I was so disappointed.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Snarl

S&F for the Waffle House mention alone.

I miss Waffle House. ... And Arby's.

Thanks Snarl! What happened to your Waffle House and Arby's??

originally posted by: ArgentumAquila
These... are so true... SO MANY. Like those Zebra stripes gum? I haven't seen that gum in years until recently when I was out in a small town. I bought it for fun. AH the gum smells so good! But the flavors really do die after three seconds. I was so disappointed.

It's funny how you remember things differently than what they were when you grow up isn't it? I loved the gum too, but had to chew a half a pack to be able to get flavor for more than a few seconds. Compared to today's Stride... That is just unacceptable.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What happened to your Waffle House and Arby's??

I couldn't take them to Korea with me.

ETA: It does give my kids such joy to let me know when they're partaking.

edit on 2882014 by Snarl because: ETA

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:52 AM
link   

What happened to your Waffle House and Arby's??

I couldn't take them to Korea with me.

I didn't know that's where you were. That does kind of suck. I was going to ask if you had a chance to try Arby's new sandwich. I couldn't eat anything like it, but it seems to be all the rage for some.

Check out this link when you get a chance... www.foxnews.com...

Good old 'Murica and the food, huh?

I wonder how much it would cost to ship some Waffle House over?

ETA - Ooohhh... Super evil children. You should make them send you some over in cold storage. I mean, you did give them life and stuff. It's the least they could do.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Check out this link when you get a chance

are you competing with my kids now?

ROFL

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Check out this link when you get a chance

are you competing with my kids now?

ROFL

Not intentionally! I promise! When I saw pics of that, hungry was the last thing it made me.
I did not take into account how long it had been for you though... Any port in a storm I suppose.

I do apologize.
If I owned Arby's, I would send you over cases of it!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:17 AM
link   
Elmer's Glue,,,,
I remember the first time I used it and I got it ever where, on my hands and our daughter hands and I think in my hair,,,, I was so worried and upset and just at my wits end,,,,
My husband just looked at me, winked, smiled and said, wait, it'll dry and you rub it off and take a shower, it'll out wash off.

I never bought it again!
If I can wash it off, What good is this glued I asked, my husband said, Honey,,, it's for people like you,,,, Beginners

Thank you, S & F great thread,,,,,,
edit on 28-8-2014 by guohua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:25 AM
link   
a reply to: guohua

Thanks guohua! I'm glad you enjoyed it.

Your husband sounds pretty awesome. Instead of fussing about the mess or making fun, he was a total sweetie about it. He sounds like a keeper to me.

And he was right... Had you used super glue and done that, there would have likely been a trip to the emergency room following. My mom glued her fingers together by accident with that stuff one time and it stuck so hard that it pulled skin off when she pulled them apart. Not to the bone or muscle, but enough that it was bleeding! That stuff dries super quick!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:02 AM
link   
OK the one about Stockholm Syndrome and Beauty and the Beast made me just about lose my morning coffee. I'm usually a silly mess before finishing my first cup - but that took the cake. 300th thread or not, your contributions are always appreciated!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: chasingbrahman
OK the one about Stockholm Syndrome and Beauty and the Beast made me just about lose my morning coffee. I'm usually a silly mess before finishing my first cup - but that took the cake. 300th thread or not, your contributions are always appreciated!

Thank you CA! I'm glad I could help start out your day with a bit of happiness. That's one of the ones that caught me as well. I never really thought about it like that, but that's exactly what it was lol! I wonder how many other people never caught it or if Disney even thought about it when they were making their movie? The story existed long before then, but I still wonder if it crossed their minds at any point and gave them a bit of a giggle.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:54 AM
link   
I laughed at the Lego one, because it was the first thought came to my mind after reading the recent Lego thread here. Had more than my share of stepping on the evil bricks and every darn one wound up in the garbage. That was my warning to my sons..If I step on it, it's trash.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: AccessDenied
I laughed at the Lego one, because it was the first thought came to my mind after reading the recent Lego thread here. Had more than my share of stepping on the evil bricks and every darn one wound up in the garbage. That was my warning to my sons..If I step on it, it's trash.

Ha! I saw that thread and thought of that when I added that particular pic.

My dad had the same rule as well. The only thing worse than him stepping on the Legos and the lite brite pegs were the Hot Wheels. That might earn you a limp for a day or two lol!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ha! I saw that thread and thought of that when I added that particular pic.

My dad had the same rule as well. The only thing worse than him stepping on the Legos and the lite brite pegs were the Hot Wheels. That might earn you a limp for a day or two lol!

Oh I remember torturing my mother with lite brite pegs...tee hee hee... Never bought one for my kids. Hot wheels have never been an issue.
I laughed at almost all the ones you posted. Such memories of childhood...*sigh

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:56 AM
link   

When our kids bless the wife and I with grandchildren ... it won't matter how much Lego winds up in the trash. Everybody knows I'm still looking for payback.

Lite Brite pegs, huh? I was deprived as a child, but I'm making careful notes. LOL

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:10 AM
link   
On the bottle of "worcestershire sauce", nobody has tried to pronounce that for centuries.
We call it "Wooster". An old nation gets lazy like that (I gather you people are still pronouncing the "h" in Birmingham).

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:34 AM
link   

When our kids bless the wife and I with grandchildren ... it won't matter how much Lego winds up in the trash. Everybody knows I'm still looking for payback.

Lite Brite pegs, huh? I was deprived as a child, but I'm making careful notes. LOL

My grandchildren are 3, 1, and 3 months. They live almost 2000 miles away. When they get old enough, guess what Grandma is sending for Christmas? LOL My son will be thrilled...hahaha

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
On the bottle of "worcestershire sauce", nobody has tried to pronounce that for centuries.
We call it "Wooster". An old nation gets lazy like that (I gather you people are still pronouncing the "h" in Birmingham).

I can't even keep it straight anymore. I think everybody pronounces it incorrectly. I wouldn't be surprised if the folks who owned the company could pronounce it correctly at this point.

But I do mostly here the "h" thrown in there somewhere.

Wooster would be so much less complicated!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Even the inhabitants of the town , and the rest of the country, call the place "Wooster". One of those shortcuts that make life comfortable.

Similarly, you probably don't know the limerick;
"There was a young curate of Salisbury
Whose manners were all halisbury-scalisbury.
He ran about Hampshire
Without any pampshire,
Till his bishop compelled him to walisbury"-

Which makes perfect sense if you are aware that Hampshire is pronounced "Hants", and Salisbury can be pronounced "Sarum".

top topics

<<   2 >>

join