It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ferguson cops instruct police dog to urinate on Michael Brown memorial???

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Michael Brown's Mom Laid Flowers Where He Was Shot—and Police Crushed Them.

As darkness fell on Canfield Drive on August 9, a makeshift memorial sprang up in the middle of the street where Michael Brown's body had been sprawled in plain view for more than four hours. Flowers and candles were scattered over the bloodstains on the pavement. Someone had affixed a stuffed animal to a streetlight pole a few yards away. Neighborhood residents and others were gathering, many of them upset and angry.

Soon, police vehicles reappeared, including from the St. Louis County Police Department, which had taken control of the investigation. Several officers emerged with dogs. What happened next, according to several sources, was emblematic of what has inflamed the city of Ferguson, Missouri, ever since the unarmed 18-year-old was gunned down: An officer on the street let the dog he was controlling urinate on the memorial site.

Very disturbing if true.

I cant begin to imagine what these cops are thinking.

Its almost as though they are trying to start, well, some kind of a civil war...

It should come as little surprise, one Ferguson community leader told me, that Brown's killing and the heavy-handed response to the protests were seen by many as "a declaration of war."

But others, including Rep. Pace, said the problems ran so deep that they continued even after Gov. Jay Nixon stepped in and put the Missouri Highway Patrol in charge.

'You do what I tell you, or I'll mace you, I'll shoot you, no questions asked.'"

Scary times indeed.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   
a reply to: gladtobehere

If this is true...this is incredibly disrespectful and furthermore sad

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:14 PM
link   

An officer on the street let the dog he was controlling urinate on the memorial site.

My God.

Have they completely flipped out over there ?

Geesh.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:19 PM
link   
As of they didn't know the world was watching them. They need to clean house and start over.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:20 PM
link   

This incident really was the catalyst to it all IMO, not the dog thing as this is the first i had heard of it, just the police presence at this gathering.
Even if the dog thing was 100% accidental and just nature calling and the dog doing his business, the fact the cops needed to come in and break up a the mourning crowd speaks volumes about why the people are so mad that their police department

Candles and flowers marking the spot where Brown died were soon run over by police vehicles.

This is what I had heard about before, that they ran over what the citizens had set up, that is just disgusting
edit on thWed, 27 Aug 2014 23:23:13 -0500America/Chicago820141380 by Sremmos80 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
As of they didn't know the world was watching them.

I don't think they really give a dam.

edit on 8/27/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:23 PM
link   

it would seem that the police are trying really hard to rile the people up .....very sad state of affairs

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
So, were they setting up flowers and candles in the middle of the road or on the side of the street? If it was done in the middle of the road I honestly don't have a problem with flowers/candles being destroyed. You shouldn't be able to set up a memorial like that in the middle of the street... Ultimately, people are looking for anything to keep this story going strong, a dog peeing near/on where Michael Brown was killed is not the end of the world in my eyes.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: jhn7537

Maybe not the end of the world, but pretty freaking disrespectful.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:34 PM
link   
If this is true, then the whole Ferguson PD needs to be removed and they need to bring in all new officers. This is beyond the pale and the tit for tat shiite is going to cost more lives. If not today then tomorrow. If not tomorrow....

These people will NEVER forget what the officers have done here and for them to ever be safe again.... The wise move would be to move to another beat all together. Or better yet be fired for being an antagonizing, instigating, bunch of assholes.

They are deliberately putting salt in an open wound and clearly enjoying it. One can only assume that they are just praying for someone to move wrong so they can take out all of their hatred at having to go through this whole thing publicly on the next victim and scream that they were asking for it. You can only push people so far and I think that is exactly how far they are trying to push it.

Unfreakingbelievable...

I hope that the people of Ferguson can see this and restrain themselves from any acts of retribution. I hope even more that everyone who is taking part in this charade pays dearly for it with their job, their peace of mind, and their reputations.

Something needs to be done before all hell truly breaks lose.
edit on 8/28/2014 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:36 PM
link   
YOU NEED TO CORRECT YOUR TITLE!!!

YOU ARE PART OF THE PROBLEM, NOT THE SOLUTION!!!

What the cop did was despicable enough don't ya think? Where does it say that he INSTRUCTED the dog to piss on the memorial? It doesn't. You're the one trying to start a war.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Bone75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThePublicEnemyNo1

And we know for a fact that the officer instructed the dog to pee on the memorial or did the dog just go to the bathroom?

Animals sometimes go on their own... I was at a parade the other day and horses were crapping all over the place without their riders instructing it... Animals are just that, animals... I sometimes feel we are grasping at straws here and I am very anti-police too, so please don't think I'm some cop apologist on here..

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Around here, we don't put memorials in the middle of the street ...... we put them on the side of the street or highway ... for the reason they will get run over. So is the whole street the memorial site? Then it should be closed off for a while until people are done mourning. Did the dog pee on the flowers and candles or on the street somewhere near it deemed the "memorial site"? Actually reporting like this incites violence.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Wow...you said it all

This is unacceptable behavior to say the least. One poster even minimized the alleged incident by saying something like "the memorial should not have been in the road".

Boy oh boy...I hope for the sake of the universe, we can all see the injustices committed by the very people we pay to protect us. This certainly isn't a Black or White issue, it's an American issue...period!

It needs to
now.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:42 PM
link   
This happened 18 days ago. I have a feeling there would be video and more news about it if legit. My guess is the dog had to pee in the street and the people there flipped out. If it actually happened, which I doubt yeah that's incredibly disrespectful. Reporting on it with no proof just makes this a fluff piece.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537

And we know for a fact that the officer instructed the dog to pee on the memorial or did the dog just go to the bathroom?

Animals sometimes go on their own... I was at a parade the other day and horses were crapping all over the place without their riders instructing it... Animals are just that, animals... I sometimes feel we are grasping at straws here and I am very anti-police too, so please don't think I'm some cop apologist on here..

You know what? You need to stop now. I don't know this to be a fact which is why I said, "If this is true" follwed by XY and Z.

So, if it is true...yes, it's absolutely disrespectful.

You don't agree, if true?

ETA
The OP even said "if this is true".

edit on 8/27/14 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: ETA

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:45 PM
link   

a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Wow...you said it all

This is unacceptable behavior to say the least. One poster even minimized the alleged incident by saying something like "the memorial should not have been in the road".

Boy oh boy...I hope for the sake of the universe, we can all see the injustices committed by the very people we pay to protect us. This certainly isn't a Black or White issue, it's an American issue...period!

It needs to
now.

Why put a memorial in the middle of a street that's being used? It makes zero sense... When people get into car crashes and die by me, memorials are put up on the side of the road, not in the middle of the street. Not sure why the same wouldn't be true here... Setting up a memorial there is ASKING for the police to step in and screw it up... Put it on the side of the road, away from traffic and I'm sure cops/dogs would leave it alone.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:49 PM
link   
I wonder if police dogs can actually pee on command, cause I assume they have them go to the bathroom before they head out as they are either locked up in a vehicle or being used as a tool when outside of it.
Both circumstances seem like a bad time for the dog to have to use the bathroom.
Just like a cop doesn't want, and can't really, use the restroom in the middle of responding to a call.

I do have to agree with what domo has said tho, why is this coming out 18 days later, especially since the incident of them breaking this gathering up has been talked about a lot

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Point taken and you're right. However, how about using a tad bit, just a little bit of diplomacy here. Such as, "folks you're gonna have to move that memorial to the side of the road for safety purposes"?

That would have been great don't cha' think?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:52 PM
link   
And for those that keep talking about the memorial in the street, do us a favor and actually read the article.

By then, police had prohibited all vehicles from entering Canfield Drive except for their own. Soon the candles and flowers had been smashed, after police drove over them.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join