It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Calif. drivers brace for costly new gas tax in wake of climate change law

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 05:45 AM
link   
This is only about the money and nothing to do with climate change. I read , read it and read it again yup it's more or less a fine if you keep driving the same amount. I'm glad all my gas is deductible. Start a home business and write everything off thats what I do. Vehicle , insurance and gas. It's the REAL AMERICAN WAY.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:27 AM
link   

This is only about the money and nothing to do with climate change.

a reply to: mikell
You're Absolutely Correct!

Just like every other Tax, it's not about the Cure it's about the Money,, the first thing they'll do is give each other a Raise!
Just like the Smokers Tax, they don't want you to completely quite, don't you think they could make cigarettes with out Nicotine that ever so Addictive Drug, Don't you think by now they could have over the years lowered the amount of the drug and winged the smokers off the habit?
WHAT,,, And Lose That Tax income? I Don't Think So, So,,, What Makes any one think they have any intention or even care about Air Quality or improving air quality?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Anyone who purchases goods that are from California, go TO California or go through California (thanks NAFTA) will be paying more.

On the back of a weak economy and high unemployment rate, this will only make things worse.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Important to note that Calif seems a testing ground for this. if it doesn't affect you because you don't live there it still could be coming to a state you are in, gas tax or otherwise.
Example:
"Why Washington State Should Adopt a BC-style Carbon Tax"
See here

originally posted by: FyreByrd
As a near life long Californian, that came from Europe were Gasoline has always been very high compared to 'subsidized' (by indirect tax-payer dollars' ) I'm all in favor of the added tax.

The US has always had low gas prices. This was so to addict us to cars and cheap shipping costs.

You support carbon tax then or just support us 'getting ours' because we'd had lower prices for 'so long'?

Not a fun thing to wish in this economy. It's going to drive more problems for people, probably more so than any monopolized large% tax to supposedly will stop climate change.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Anyone who purchases goods that are from California, go TO California or go through California (thanks NAFTA) will be paying more.

On the back of a weak economy and high unemployment rate, this will only make things worse.

That's correct and America is supplied by truck, when my husband retired, the first thing he did was get his CDL and drove over the road, he always wanted to be a ruck Driver, I rode with him and seen America.
Well. each Simi truck has two tanks and each tank holds on the average 105 gallons of diesel fuel. Depending on weight of your load and the distance to the closest scales, you may or may not fill up, but if you do, that's maybe 180 gallons to 200 gallons of diesel with the new tax of an extra ten to fifteen cents per. gallon in California, YUP!
Your fruit and just about every thing on the west coast just increased.

For no reason other than to make an easy profit of the Gullible!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:45 AM
link   
a reply to: FyreByrd

So.............we should pay high prices because Europe does? Huh? We LIKE our cars. We have a culture built around our muscle cars. Should the farmer have to pay more for gas or diesel to raise your food? Because that is going to mean more out of YOUR pocket to eat. A tax like this doesn't just effect gas, it will make the cost on just about everything, especially food, go through the roof. And some are having trouble feeding their families now. Let me guess, they should get a helping hand from the govt. How 'bout we stop artificially hiking prices to put more money in some billionaire's pocket or be wasted by useless politicians and keep our hard earned dollars.
But it's Kalifornia, so we really don't expect common sense.
edit on 28-8-2014 by DAVID64 because: punctuation

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:03 AM
link   
In the mean time, back here in DC we've had the coolest summer I can remember. Unlike the brutal humidity and 90+ degrees typical of august in the 80's and 1990's, I have turned off the ac and installed screen doors on my house.

Global warming is a joke.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join