It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AMBER Alert (missing child) for Indiana

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   
There are so many things that just don't make sense with this story.

Probably the least strange thing, but the thing that keeps bugging me, is that they report the baby as being 16 inches. He's a month old, and most newborns are about 20 inches, and there isn't very big range of "normal" for full term pregnancies. I wonder if he was born very prematurely? 16 inches at one month is off-the-charts tiny.
But yet they say he weighs 12 pounds?? The dimensions don't make sense. Just like every other part of this story.

God, please let this precious one be OK.

I'm really dreading future updates...
edit on 28-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: VegHead

Same here in the beginning I wanted more updates and hoped that the child was found, but as it progresses and more information is provided I guess I feel kind of fearful for the child. I can only imagine what the parents are going through as well at this point..

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: VoidHawk
WOW!!!!

A mans child is abducted, and the police throw the man in jail for consumption of the green stuff!!!
How F*CKD UP is that!

Can you imagine what it must be like to be locked up knowing your child has been taken!!!!

Sick sick sick!!!!

I really cannot wrap my mind around this aspect of the story either. They arresting the father of an infant who was abducted the very same day, hours after the abduction?? On marijuana charges???

The only things I could think was that they were suspecting the father in foul play with the missing baby and wanted to be able to hold him.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BobAthome

and hit him in the head with the gun.
pictures or it didnt happen,,
i mean he was hit so hard, that he probably has a concousion,,se im sre the is a picture of this head wound,that caused him too hit the ground unconsious,,

and how was the baby ,, cause im assuming the baby was in his arms.,, when he was assaulted, knocked unconcious.????

Right... the stories I've been reading say he was holding the baby in his arms when he was assaulted. So he is hit in the head and the baby is swooped out of his arms before he hits the ground? And he is unconscious for... literally a second, because he is able to watch as they run off with his baby?

There is no physical evidence of an assault in his mug shot when he was arrested later that day... but I don't know if that is meaningful or not. His injuries might have been on the back of his head, or otherwise concealed.

I have to wonder if the lack of physical evidence on him for this alleged assault is part of the reason the cops decided to arrest him on unrelated charges. They might have found his story suspicious and wanted a legal way to hold him. ???? I have no idea. This is all speculation.

Nothing makes sense. And in the center of it all, tragically, is an innocent baby.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:26 PM
link   

thought so,,, thanks for the confirmation..
yup,,i would be watching for everyone,, but maybe it was for compationite reasons,, why they took the child,, so dont be guns ablaze,, and its a baby,, u dont want too see "baby killed in shotout with police"
not would be a good time.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:49 PM
link   
For those that aren't link-clickers, here are a few pictures circulating in the news about this case...

Here is Delano Wilson, the precious baby that is missing:

So adorable...

Here is his mom and dad before he was born:

They look about as happy and normal as can be...

Here is his dad's mug shot, from (from what I can gather) his arrest on marijuana possession charges the same day after his son was abducted. (!) No notable injuries in this picture, but one can't really draw any conclusions from that. He might have been hit on the back of his head.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Extensive searches haven't turned up anything - this is big national news at this point.

I came across an article that, for the first time I've seen, says there was at least one witness stepping forward and backing the father's story:

source: wishtv.com...

If there is some good news for the family, it’s that witness are starting to speak up.

As 24-Hour News 8 was tagging along with family members who were handing out fliers, one man described for us what he saw yesterday afternoon and it appears to match Wilson’s description of the female suspect.

The witness told 24 Hour News 8 that he saw a Hispanic woman walking down the sidewalk with a stroller with a baby in it. He said the woman was wearing a green shirt and was walking quickly.

He said she was also looking over her shoulder often as she walked by. The witness also said he had never seen the woman in the area before.

So...for whatever that is worth. Eyewitnesses aren't always very reliable.

But... I'm still upset that they took SOOOOOOO LONG to issue the Amber Alert. If this story is as the father presented it, then the abductors would have been 8 or 9 hours away from where the kidnapping happened by the time the general public was alerted.

OK, so maybe police assumed he was lying and there was more to the story... but the fact is, there was a missing infant. No matter the reason, a baby was missing and they knew that at noon yesterday. An alert should have been issued immediately.

I keep dreading hearing updates on this case... I pray there is still hope that baby Delano is safe.

Edited to add...

They just released the 911 phone call. I copied the article below, but follow the link for the full audio.
source: fox59.com...

NDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (August 28, 2014)– Freshly released from a night in custody, Willie Wilson made an emotional appeal for information on the whereabouts of his missing child.

“All I want is my son. I am begging, please search. I love my son.”

The mother of six week old Delano Anthony Wilson Taniasha Perkins made her own emotional statement in the 500 block of Chase Street earlier in the day.

“He means the world to me and his dad and as his parents we work really hard for our child and for you to take him away is tearing a hole in my family and in my heart,” she said.

Wilson told police that he was accosted by a white male and hispanic woman in an alley less than a block from his home Wednesday at noon.
Delano Wilson

Wilson said the pair intended to rob him of his cell phones and his wallet but took his baby instead.

“He said ‘I don’t care.’ That’s when he hit me knocked me down. I got the baby in my arms. That’s when I knew they were gonna do more because she didn’t do nothing because the man is constantly yelling at me telling me to empty my pockets, grabbing at my pants. All I could do is give him what I had. I didn’t wanna harm the baby.”

Wilson said the couple took off in a blue Ford Taurus but left his other valuables behind.

A neighbor told FOX59 News she saw such a car drive away slowly from the alley.

“Well we seen the blue Taurus come out of the alley and I seen the guy at first we thought was the suspect but it end up being the actual father of the child come stumbling out of the alley and then he collapsed.

“I couldn’t tell what was going on and they wasn’t speeding away. That’s why I wasn’t paying much attention and like I said we seen the dad come out of the alley and then he collapsed and sat up and within five minutes the officers began showing up.”

Neighbors are comparing their own firsthand accounts of the immediate aftermath of Wilson’s claims with what they’ve noticed or been told by other eyewitnesses.

“There’s just been five or six different stories that’s been told so nothing’s making sense,” said another neighbor Jackie Huffman. “Something’s fishy.”

Bloodhounds searched the immediate area near the child’s home and the banks of the White River for evidence as search crews have launched boats into the water.

Another eyewitness too...
edit on 28-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Thank you for the update. I just did another search for an update. I checked earlier this morning and did not see anything. Now I'm hoping there is a development over night or something

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I'm just gonna be blunt & say, in my opinion, the fathers story stinks to high heaven.....I also was wondering why he was walking the baby through the alley, at what time?? Not that that is nefarious, I'm just wondering what the reason was.....But no, I don't believe the dads story.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I have to admit, I could barely sleep last night thinking about Delano. I can only barely begin to imagine what his family must be suffering right now.

Looks can be deceiving, of course.... but just looking at this couple it is really hard to fathom they would hurt their infant son. They seem so ... I dunno, nice and normal. But overnight the following news came out on the Indy Star (bolding is mine):

source: www.indystar.com...

It's uncommon, Borders said, for African-American infants to be snatched by Caucasians and Hispanics. It's possible but doesn't fit with more typical scenarios and likely would give police pause, Borders said.

In addition, Delano's father, Willie Wilson, who reported that his son was taken from him after he was robbed and pistol-whipped, also was involved in a child-neglect case in Ohio in 2012.

In that case, said Adams of the IMPD, a daughter Wilson had with a different woman was shaken and suffered severe brain damage but survived. The mother was convicted of child neglect and remains in prison; Wilson was not arrested but was present.

Borders said police obviously must take into account and pursue information like that, likely leading to a delay in issuance of the Amber Alert in Delano's disappearance.

Yikes.

The thing is, if the father's story does indeed check out and Delano was kidnapped as the father described it - this has the potential to really explode into a major cops vs. the people kind of rioting. That the Amber alert wasn't issued for 9 hours after the father reported the crime - it wouldn't be hard for people to say that was due to racial discrimination. The cops didn't believe his story and even arrested him for holding some pot. Meanwhile, the kidnappers had 9 hours to get far, far away before anyone in the general public even knew to look for them.

Yes, the story is all kinds of fishy. I really don't know what to believe.

Another small thing that nags at me is how the mother stated:

"Why can't you just drop him off somewhere safe," she asked, "so I can see him healthy again?"

Asking to see him healthy again just seems like a strange way to put it. Like she knows that something happened to him - that he was "unhealthy" the last she saw him. But I suppose I am being unfair and reading too much into it. Who knows the strange things I would likely say in my grief if my own baby was taken. I doubt I could string two coherent words together.

I will be glued to this news story and I wish I could do something to help. All I can do is pray for Delano and pray that justice and truth will prevail in the end. This is a truly tragic situation, and my hopes for a happy ending are growing dimmer all the time.
edit on 29-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Mm this is still heart breaking and even more so to see that he had a child neglect charge I'm wondering if that may have had some bearing on why the Amber was not sent out. I did a search again and nothing new updated as of today. This was posted roughly four hours ago in accordance with what google stated
fox59.com...

In which we have a car now but I wish we had a license plate which would help tremendously. I do hope that they find him soon.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It seems like the Amber Alert has been cancelled..?

INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. (August 29, 2014)– The Amber Alert for a missing 6-week-old baby boy has been cancelled at the request of the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department (IMPD).

fox59.com...

Even though it seems like it is cancelled they are still asking for information in regards to this.

The cancellation of the Amber Alert does has no barring on the active investigation into Delano’s abduction. IMPD will continue to use all necessary resources and techniques to bring Delano back home.

Anyone with information on the whereabouts of Delano is asked to call 911 or text 888777 keyword “IMPD” with information.

edit on 30-8-2014 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   
So because the alert was cancelled, does that mean that they found the child?

I may be being too hard on this case here, but something isn't right. The way things are worded in articles, how the baby wasn't harmed in the father falling after being 'pistol whipped,' the list goes on.

Also, I would not have a child with someone who has previously child abuse charges. I'd be terrified to leave the child with them.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 12:40 AM
link   
a reply to: Lyxdeslic

At the time that I posted the cancellation they had not found the child. Also seems like they still have not found the baby and that it was just cancelled.

www.jconline.com...

6:43 PM UPDATE

Indiana State Police canceled the Amber Alert for Delano Wilson as of 6 p.m. today.

"This cancellation was requested by the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department," the State Police notification said.

The Amber Alert was issued about 9 p.m. Wednesday, about nine hours after 6-week-old Delano was reported abducted. Normally, Amber Alerts expire after five hours, but can be extended.

[edit]
Seems as they still have not found the baby and I have no idea what is going on now.
edit on 31-8-2014 by MystiqueAgent because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
This entire situation is just agonizing.

Yeah, they cancelled the Amber Alert. It seems odd to me, but they say that the alert is no longer effective. It did it's job in getting the word out. But I thought they usually kept those active until a child was found or until it became apparent that they child would never likely be found.

My heart was in my throat when I read they were draining an underground tank to look for the baby, but fortunately they did not find him in there. Then they cancel the Amber alert and say they are done looking for Delano, but will continue the investigation. My guess is that they are focusing their work on the parents - especially the dad.

The community, God bless them, isn't giving up. They are still searching for Delano, even if the police aren't (in any official capacity).

Latest news this morning describes prayer vigils, grieving parents, and a grieving community...

source: wlfi.com...

NDIANAPOLIS (WISH) – Area ministries gathered on Saturday at the home of Delano WIlson’s parents to pray for his safe return.

Police have canceled the Amber Alert and are no longer actively searching for the six-week-old boy, but officers are still investigating the disappearance.

The baby’s family says they’re relying on their faith more than ever, and pleading for the abductors to bring Delano home.

“We just want him back alive and safe in our arms. We can’t get any sleep. Without our son, this is a nightmare,” said Willie Wilson, Delano’s father.

Ten Point Coalition, Young Men Inc. and other groups gathered in the front yard of Wilson’s Chase Street home praying over the sobbing parents.

“Out of all the prayer vigils I’ve done, this prayer vigil is probably the most heart-wrenching,” said Young Men Inc. Director Rev. Malachi Walker.

“This child needs to be in the home, needs to be in the arms of their parents,” Walker prayed on Saturday.

During the vigil, the groups put aside the questions that surrounded the disappearance and focused on praying for Delano’s safety and return.

“It’s not our job to be judge, jury or anything of that nature. We don’t know and we would be leaving that alone and leaving it up to the authorities,” said Ten Point Coalition’s Rev. Horatio Luster.

Willie Wilson says he was pistol-whipped, and his attackers then drove off with his son. Now, he hopes they hear his plea.

“Whoever out there has our son, bring him back,” begged Wilson.

“It’s heartbreaking to see them have to go through this. Every second, every minute is so critical and he’s been gone for so long and we just have no idea of what’s going on with him,” said family friend Lathrice Hamilton.

Hamilton has been busy handing out fliers. Working even harder now that police have scaled back their efforts.

“We’re pretty much on our own, but we have God with us. We’re not going to give up. The parents aren’t going to give up,” said Hamilton.

If Delano really was abducted, he could easily be in another country by now. I pray there will be resolution and justice will be served. I pray Delano might still be found alive and OK... but the chances of that are probably slim.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Yeah, I was under the thought that if they cancelled an amber alert it meant the child was found, or would likely never be found. I watch a lot of crime shows and I remember hearing that if they can't find a missing person in 48 hours (Don't quote me, I don't remember the exact number, but that seems about right) it's likely that the person won't be found. I know it was one of the documentary types that I heard it from, but you know those overdramatize, so don't know how real it is.

I really hope they are investigating the parents further.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I didn't know if you guys were still following this story... I know I haven't been able to stop worrying over it! So I wanted to post an update that I saw this morning. A search warrant was issued last night and police have been searching the parents home since 9:30 last night, and they continue this morning.

source : wishtv.com...

INDIANAPOLIS (WISH) — Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department were searching the home of the parents of Delano Wilson Monday night, IMPD officials confirmed.

Detectives served a search warrant at the home in the 500 block of Chase Street around 9:30 p.m. Monday. IMPD officials said the search is part of the ongoing investigation into the disappearance or abduction of 6-week-old Delano Wilson.

The baby was the subject of an Amber Alert that was later canceled. Despite the cancellation, the investigation has continued and family members organized searches for the child this weekend.

IMPD officials said Monday night that Delano’s parents had not been arrested.

The tape blocking off the investigation area came down eight hours after the search warrant was first issued. A command center truck and IMPD officers remained working on the scene Tuesday morning.

I realize, as an outsider, I have only a small fraction of the information on this case -- and that is filtered through media that isn't always accurate. However... really???????? They didn't search the parents home before now?!?

Am I crazy, or has this entire situation been handled in a very strange manner?

I'll post any significant updates I hear today... Still praying for justice for sweet little Delano.
It is hard to imagine he is OK at this point, but I still hope.

Edited to add..

Just saw this quote in another article:

Asked shortly after 7 a.m. Tuesday whether the search had uncovered anything pertinent to the investigation, IMPD Sgt. Kendale Adams said, "Not that we are prepared to make public."

source: www.indystar.com...

Oh man... awful feeling here.

edit on 2-9-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yikes. I'm thinking that maybe they found the child in the home? If they aren't prepared to make it public, I'm assuming the worse. I've been on the internet long enough to know through reading articles that 'parents' can be awful. And not even care about the outcome of their actions.

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I am still following the story wondering what's been going on so far. Thank you for the update. My job hours have been changing and haven't been able to sleep that well so haven't been able to search as much as I'd like. Though I wonder with that statement if they may have a lead but don't want to compromise it perhaps? Don't know but surely want to know what's going on :/

posted on Sep, 2 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I think everyone who is following this story just has an ache in their heart. For me, personally, it doesn't help that I'm a mom and 9 months pregnant (due in less than 2 weeks now!) So my maternal hormones are just in overdrive and this story just pains me deeply.

I came across this article tonight which I think paints a pretty grim picture of what we can expect to come out in the next few days. The dad not wanting to talk without a lawyer, how they tore the house apart and apparently retrieved a lot of "evidence" (don't know what that is yet, though), more questioning of the mom and other relatives, and the perspective of the neighbors... it just really sounds bad.

Sweet baby Delano is in God's hands. I still hold out some hope that he is alive and safe, but I rationally know that is very unlikely at this point.

source: fox59.com...

Officers spent several hours Monday night searching the infant’s home in the 500 block of Chase Street.

Wilson has been missing since his father claimed the baby was ripped from his arms and he was knocked unconscious by unknown assailants last week.

Metro police detectives and FBI agents have found no evidence to confirm Willie Wilson’s claim.

Monday night, evidence technicians shot video and removed swatches of carpeting as Wilson and the baby’s mother, Taniasha Perkins, walked out of the home. Perkins and another relative were removed to IMPD headquarters for another round of questioning, as Wilson sat on the curb and buried his head in his hands, refusing to speak to detectives without a lawyer present.

Neighbors who have been interviewed by police and watched the drama play out on their street are perplexed by the lack of urgency at the home of Delano’s family.

“I’d probably been my own little detective. I’d be crying and screaming and hollering and trying to find out any little detail I could. I’d be raising hell literally,” said Christina Richey, a mother of two girls who watched Wilson emerge from an alley after he claimed he was beaten and his baby kidnapped last Wednesday. “Me, as a mom, I would be beating on every door looking, being as nosy as I could without actually breaking the law. It’s tough because people grieve different but me personally, I would’ve been raising hell trying to get answers what happened to my child.”

The few fliers with information about Delano posted on light poles have been taken down. A purple stuffed animal against a fence in front of the family’s home has been removed. A “Baby on Board” yellow triangle in the rear window of the family car is missing. A minimal family and friends search Sunday has not been replicated and there is no search command post on Chase Street.

Twenty-four hours after the reported kidnapping, Richey told FOX59 News that she saw a blue Ford Taurus, as claimed by Wilson, leave the alley and another red pick-up truck, that a woman said belonged to a local bar owner, moments before the empty-handed father appeared and called police.

Richey doesn’t understand how the drivers of two vehicles in a busy alley in a neighborhood constantly traversed by traffic failed to notice a man just seconds and feet away being attacked and his child taken at the noon hour outside a bar with patio seating in its parking lot.

“You see quite a lot of traffic. You got the bar and people exit out of the bar through the alley and then you got people who actually live here going up and down the alleys.

“I mean, you got people coming and going to the scrapyard and you got people going to this business you know there’s a lot of people around. It’s not a quiet neighborhood. There’s a lot of traffic goes through here.”

IFD divers also searched a body of water southwest of the neighborhood Tuesday. Previous searches with bloodhounds failed to turn up any trace of the missing boy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join