It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Several States Planning Passenger Rail Systems

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:42 PM
link   
For the past year I've had a few friends tell me about FEMA camps and the plans that the NWO has for all of us. From culling the population, to building mass rail transits, piles of casket liners for disposing of human bodies and the list goes on and on. I never was a conspiracy theorist but I will say my friends and a couple family members got me thinking. I've had a few weird things happen in my life and that is what brought me to ATS in the first place.

Some strange things are happening in Florida that has genuinely piqued my curiosity and things don't seem on the up and up. One of these curiosities is All Aboard Florida.

I've researched All Aboard Florida and I don't see why it's being done. The idea is a rail system that runs from Miami to Orlando, allowing people the ease of not driving at an affordable fee. Sounds great, right? Except the ticket price is ridiculously high and these are the introductory rates, with a plan to increase over time. So it's not economical, especially for a family. Second drawback is the traffic jams it will create and people are upset over this as the traffic is already awful. Then lastly, we have the environmental impact. So with all this hoopla, why are they still going through with it? Nobody really seems to want it and it's a pricey venture for a struggling economy.

I did some digging today and see that California is doing the same, so is Texas, so is Connecticut, Wisconsin, Nevada, the list goes on and on and I didn't want to take the time to post every link. You can easily search on Google.

Sources:

ftp.dot.state.tx.us...

www.hsr.ca.gov...

www.allaboardflorida.com...

Could we be facing a shortage of gasoline for our vehicles or a restriction of gasoline since oil is on the decline or something more sinister... What are your thoughts?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: quirkygirl
Some of these are HST's and there ain't nothing better or safer. It's stretching the conspiracy idea a bit IMHO.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I wish they would reinstate the railway systems for many things. It would be better environmentally because it is one engine over thousands polluting the air. It's also good for transporting goods from State to State so I'm not sure why that was stopped. This sounds like a public transportation thing meant to cut down on traffic and parking difficulties. I personally don't see it as a bad thing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Mass transit make perfect sense but Americas love affair with the automobile and the internal combustion engine; coupled with the illusion of freedom and the open road make the idea seem foreign and almost European.

We in New Mexico have a beautiful rail transit system that is continually in the red because people would rather drive their cars.

riometro.org...

But when you get off the train; how do you get around? Smelly buses or expensive taxi's?

Poor urban planning ....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:03 PM
link   

From the time the railroads took land from farmers, ranchers, Native Americans, this was the way it was intended. To stop at towns and pick up passengers. It will get cheaper if people use it. I use the one to go to Seattle but I have to drive a long way to catch. It would be so great if the railroad would return to the towns.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:05 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That's exactly the issue. I utilize the DC metro for outings with my family. You have to consider timing so you don't get stuck and honestly for an entire group of people its cheaper to drive.

For a single person you save on gas once you get to 4 and above you only save if you're going somewhere that charges to park.

Even the metro charges to park, so I get dropped off there.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I think it's the new pet "make the world a better place" project. Whether these rails will be useful to the population at large remains to be seen. I don't see people clamoring for them, but state governments are probably hoping to pick up some fed funding for them.

Can you explain how you relate these projects to Fema camps? thanks

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Friends have mentioned that rail systems will be used for transporting people in masses to different locations and camps. When I learned of these being in nearly every state, I couldn't help but think of what friends have said.

a reply to: eeyipes

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

I used to live in a very small Iowa town. 100 years ago, when two train lines ran through it, it was a bustling little place with shops, grocery, and small local industries. When the railroads left, so did much of the business and life of the town.
I'm not sure we can go back to that type of system but it might be nice to try.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

We in New Mexico have a beautiful rail transit system that is continually in the red because people would rather drive their cars.

I live in North Texas and I take the local train to go to the University of N. Texas in Denton. Instead of paying $200-$300 for a UNT parking pass (parking is terrible there to, and traffic on i35 is terrible when I go to), plus about 20-25 miles worth of gas driving to and from UNT everyday....I pay only $125 for a train pass per semester, free parking at the train stations, and with a UNT id card, I can ride the buses for free.

However, I dont really ever see many people taking the train. It seems like a much greater alternative compared to all the expenses when actually driving from north Dallas to Denton. Yes, you have to manage a time schedule and may wait around awhile each day, but I still prefer to save atleast $300 per semester.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Not without a shootout. We are not the Jews in Germany. No where close.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:45 PM
link   

I think this is more of a green initiative ... something that currently works well in Europe or other smaller countries but will be more challenging for the US to make proper use of.

edit on 27-8-2014 by eeyipes because: spelling and all that

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:47 PM
link   
High speed rails would be nice. I would use them. Especially when you think of the price of gas and wear and tear on your car.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Unless the trains are actually going places people want to be there's not going to be use.

Also there was a program a few years ago that if you took the DC metro to work and had an emergency they would get you where you needed to be. Idk what happened with that, I do know its not pleasant to run errands on the bus or train. My car was in the shop and it was like a mini freak out every time the bus stopped. I was seriously not used to that!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just think they're into wasting money. But, I have read before that some of the FEMA camps have railroad tracks that run directly into them. So ease of transport in their eyes yeah. A lot of their old tricks are still up their sleeves. Detention camps, railroads used to transport detainees in large numbers. History repeats itself. America's been heading in a certain direction for years, and they've gone farther than anyone can imagine in this century alone.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:17 PM
link   
this is forward looking planning by Agenda 21

where a dozen mega cities are going to stack-&-pack 15 million people into under 500 sq ft mini- apartments

private cars are going to be taxed by-the-mile

light-rail, trolley & other public transportation will be the new norm

Øbama already has a Urban Planning Czar, with an agenda to move the people into the high concentration places,
empty the farms & rural areas, mega food corps will be the only thing left in the former Mid-West=bread-basket of America

there are also working plans to connect select California cities to Phoenix via Tuscon rail lines among other stuff that is not publicized to we-the-people to any extent

the USA is more than a decade behind the China working models at this time

look up Agenda 21,
look up a report by www. hagmann and hagmann... I think it was on the steve Quayle site 2 days ago as a link
edit on th31140917531927352014 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
The big draw back I see with rail service today is that most peoples schedules have too many things in too many places for it to work well. Back when railroads were popular forms of transportation life was a little simpler and peoples lives less crowded and hectic. Railroads are definitely the cheapest way to move the most people or cargo across land but we would almost have to build a new society centered around their use in order for them to work as desired.

Harry

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I definitely agree that the USA needs railroad or some public transit of some sort. I've said this for years. I've traveled throughout Europe and was amazed at how nobody there needs a car. They can definitely manage with the use of subway systems, rail and buses but in the USA we are crippled without our gas-guzzling cars.

All that aside, someone pointed out a great fact; take the (future or existing) railway in the USA and then what? Rent a car at your destination? Our cities are not designed to handle massive amounts of people on public transportation. So then why is nearly every state building a massive railway system (some high speed, some not)? It seems like we are either closer to running out of the means of producing gasoline or my friends were right.

I don't know, which is why I posted it for you all to chew on and respond.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:22 PM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Thanks. I knew there was a thing my friends and a few family members called this. Agenda 21, that was it and what they have all warned me about, to get ready for.

So when I saw this plan and then saw that it wasn't just Florida doing it, but many (most) states, it really scared me a little. I didn't want my loved ones to be right. I want them to be 'fringe conspiracy theorists' and not truly warning me of what is to come.

I really hope I'm wrong in connecting the dots and just worrying myself over nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Well Dear, You probably have as much reason to be worried as not to be.... It's obvious to me that something MAJOR needs to take place soon. Society has reached a point where the current system cannot sustain us any longer. It is at the saturation point here in the US. There is NO WAY the average family( With average jobs ) can make a go of it without some form of assistance. The math doesn't add up.. there has to be some type of reset. Unless there is some type of mass paradigm shift that causes everyone to suddenly want to take care of eachother.

Harry

top topics

<<   2 >>

join