It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Armed Huey P. Newton Gun Activists and Black Panthers Marched Through Dallas

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:27 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

But erase which race??

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Benevolent Heretic

Would it be considered appropriate to shout "white power"? I'm glad these dudes are marching and armed, they should definitely leave the racist rhetoric out of it though.

What's good for the goose...

Whites by and large don't support white racist movements. Blacks should cool it with the black power stuff.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: macman
Only if you are beholden to the Progressive or Dems.
I still offer my friendship.......but we will disagree passionately....all the time.

I'm not beholden to any party or ideology as I never have been a member of any. I just mean bringing the two-party political system into this situation. Freedom is something that is in everyone's interest. Our freedom to exercise our second amendment rights is important to everyone, right, left and center. That's all I meant.

And I gladly accept your offer of friendship. We will continue to disagree passionately, I am sure, but I'm good with that. It would be crappy and boring otherwise.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
At least the OP changed the title.

I AM the OP and I did not change the title.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: projectvxn
a reply to: karmicecstasy

Thank you for pointing that thread out. The mistake made there is that they were "teaching" a child to shoot a gun with a freakin' automatic weapon. What the hell kind of instructor would allow that?

They weren't even "teaching" her. Just some New Jersey libtards on vacation who thought it would be cool to shoot a machinegun like in the movies.

The first gun control laws in the US were designed to keep African Americans from owning firearms as part of Jim Crow. Although I disagree with the Marxist and racist tenets behind the Black Panther Party, good on them for exercising their second amendment rights.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:02 PM
link   

But erase which race??

Good question. How can we "erase race"? I don't think we can or should any more that we should "erase" gender. I want to be known as a woman. A strong, intelligent, resourceful, artistic woman (among other things).

Being "colorblind" is a myth. What people are trying to do is "white-wash race", pretending that it doesn't exist. When people talk about others "assimilating" into this culture, they're white-washing the differences that make people interesting.

We will always notice other people characteristics. The key is to not negatively JUDGE them, based on those characteristics. I gotta say, I appreciate the sight of a beautiful black man. I have dated a few in my life. And my white husband knows all about it and doesn't mind at all. He calls Dolvett Quince my "boyfriend" because I rave about him.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Hatred and Prejudice are taught...learned. Unless the cycle can be broken there will never be a solution. Chanting Black Power and marching with guns continues that cycle just as wearing a hood and shouting Kill Niggers does not advance humanity.

QUestion is...who and how do we break that cycle? Last time anyone came close was MLK...

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   
DP
edit on 08pm31pmfu2014-08-28T13:22:41-05:000141 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   

You keep bringing up gender as if it's on equal footing.

There is a difference between your gender and your color.

Gender matters in different circumstances. There are things men can't do that women can. There are things that men Are better suited to then women

It's not the same w race.

That is an apples and oranges comparison

Race should not matter one iota with anything.....

edit on 8/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

But erase which race??

. I gotta say, I appreciate the sight of a beautiful black man. I have dated a few in my life. And my white husband knows all about it .

Jesus are you even listening to yourself?

Your husband knows and doesn't care? Why should he care? What are you implying?

WHAT DIFFERENCE DOES HIS COLOR MAKE!

Shouldn't they be beautiful without having to point out his color?

I swear to god some people don't even realize how hypocritical they are

This thought process as innocent as you think it is just furthers divide ....

You actually had to stop to say you dated a black man and think a particular "black man" is beautiful

For crying out loud
edit on 8/28/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Great, I like this... now if only blacks, whites, asians, and hispanics all marched on Washington together, I would like to see that in my lifetime.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheLaughingGod
Great, I like this... now if only blacks, whites, asians, and hispanics all marched on Washington together, I would like to see that in my lifetime.

Exactly. Unified in the goal to stop the people at the top from facilitating division and take back our country! Well and every other ethnicity who lives here too.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I did not mean to be rude either...please know that. I just want the truth to be shown. I know I have made posting errors in the past...

No worries, all cool here.

Just so you know, I do not support the New Black Panther Party but I do support the ability of people to freely assemble and/or the right to bear arms. If they are racist tools we still have to honor their rights.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   
WHY THE DOUBLE POSTS ATSNN!!!!!
edit on 08pm31pmf0000002014-08-28T15:17:26-05:000326 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:16 PM
link   

I agree. What does not need to be interjected is race. American Justice...American Power...USA...USA...USA....

The right to assemble is needed. It should apply to all. No matter what they want to discuss. However, preaching hate and.or negative rhetoric only sends us back to the stone age for understanding as well as acceptance of all. Rosa Parks did not stay in her seat so militants could march and show force with an open carry meeting. She did it to show that no matter who you are, where you come from, what religion you follow and what race you are, gender you are....we should ALL be treated equally.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 06:17 PM
link   

The right to assemble is needed. It should apply to all. No matter what they want to discuss. However, preaching hate and.or negative rhetoric only sends us back to the stone age for understanding as well as acceptance of all.

You cannot have it both ways. We take the mostly good with the occasional bad. If they want to preach divineness that is their prerogative and hopefully the educated citizen recognizes it as racist drivel.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Catacomb
One could argue that any reference to a person's color marginalizes yourself, and diminishes the beauty of the human race, as a whole.

Why? Does it marginalize me to say that I'm a "strong woman"? Why is race any different than gender? It's part of who I am. I'm proud of being a woman.

Yeah, it does, because as much as people want to scream it from the rooftops, men and women are the very same. They may go about doing things in a different way. But, they love, hate, feel, act, and do things for all the reasons that every other human being on this planet does it.

You are human, first and foremost. And, that explains everything about you that anyone needs to know.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I'm all for the second amendment and all but those Black Panthers are another story. Is this the old Black Panthers or that militant new Black Panthers? There is a difference and the old Black Panthers don't like them either. I'm about fed up with the kill whitey bull#. I don't like the KKK either. I can't stand hate mongers who spew crap. They need to go away in a big way. Maybe one will be stupid enough to start something they can't finish.

They try to intimidate and with guns it looks like a full blown conclusion. If you spew hate, you need to be disarmed because you cause an incident. I know it's a thin line here. Common sense should be the ultimate judge. At least put some police snipers around the perimeter to check mate the bastards.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Your the same hypocrite who would call an armed KKK March a violent one.

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr
His protests marches were passive, non violent demonstrations. The call to not return violence for violence was clear. Wonder what he thinks about this "show of force"?

Why do you consider shouting "Black Power" to be "violent" or a "show of force"? This was a NON-VIOLENT protest.

I can't help but wonder why you consider this any different than any other pro-gun rally or protest...

Don't get me wrong, but I have to ask. If a group of white pro-gun activists were standing on a corner, in a non-violent manner, and someone shouted 'White Power', what would the public reaction be?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join