It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Practice run for martial law in the US?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Returning Fallujans will face clampdown

From the Boston Globe today:

The US military is drawing up plans to keep insurgents from regaining control of this battle-scarred city, but returning residents may find that the measures make Fallujah look more like a police state than the democracy they have been promised.
Under the plans, troops would funnel Fallujans to so-called citizen processing centers on the outskirts of the city to compile a database of their identities through DNA testing and retina scans. Residents would receive badges displaying their home addresses that they must wear at all times. Buses would ferry them into the city, where cars, the deadliest tool of suicide bombers, would be banned.

This sounds an awful lot like what those supposed FEMA camps are to be used for in event of martial law following some "emergency" in the US. I wonder if this and the other abuses going on in Iraq are practice runs for some future contingency here. To see how far they can get the military to go in "managing" civilians. To see how to manage a hostile civilian population, where you can't tell friend from enemy.

I realize the soldiers are in a tough spot in Iraq, but as the Nuremberg trials concluded, "just following orders" is no excuse for oppression and atrocity. I can only hope they get out of the country soon, and that this detention nonsense is a fluke, not a portent of things to come.

--Saerlaith

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I think they have already done the training and are putting it into practice...
Could it happen in the U.S.? You bet it could!

Not sure how legit these are, but interesting anyway....

www.freerepublic.com...

users.rcn.com...

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I recall an article talking about this, except it was more severe. Apparently fulluja citizens were warned by the US forces, that if they do not get DNA, fingerprint and Retin scans and an ID card, they will be permitted to use deadly force on them. Yes, sounds a lot like the martial law plans we are hearing for us. Except we get better --- microchips.

Citizens brace yourself, this is going to be a rough and scary ride.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Step 1: Drum up a lot of controversy and disinformation surrounding martial law and paint the debate in ominous tones.

Step 2: Get lots of people to sound the alarm warning of impending martial law on the most remote and unlikely of concerns, but don't implement it.

Step 3: Once everyone has grown tired enough of the endless false alarms about martial law, America will probably welcome martial law just to put an end to all the wild speculation and false alarms.

Everything is going according to plan.

posted on Dec, 6 2004 @ 01:18 AM
link   
"False Alarms"

You probably missed the fact that what is being implemented in Fulluja, are the the same systems, that are sceduled here(the "free" world) there is nothing "false" about it, nor is there anything false about the endless terrorist attack drills in many cities, or Ashcrofts telling the people there would be martial law(in the event of the eminent terrorist attacks) or the Reagan Executive Order, or the police state UK contingecy bills. What is false, is suggesting that it is "false"

[edit on 6-12-2004 by Indigo_Child]

top topics

join