It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Request For Someone To Make Whitepeoplemeet.com

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:04 PM
link   
So, just saw a commercial for 'blackpeoplemeet.com,' an online dating site for black people. Now, most of us have heard the argument before about BET, black entertainment television, and how white entertainment television would not be acceptable. Well, whatever. Besides, a TV network is absurdly expensive to get up and running. But I think this would be an extremely interesting 'social experiment' for SOMEONE to do.

Create whitepeoplemeet.com, or some such thing, a dating website exclusively for white people. Websites are obviously way less expensive than a TV network. So yea, I think it would be fantastic if someone with the knowledge required should create this website, and try to see the reactions. It's just been an argument for a long time about how certain things are acceptable for blacks to make exclusively for them, but not whites, like the BET thing. A website is reasonably priced such that someone could actually play out this 'social experiment,' soooo yea I think someone should do it. Would be very interesting

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:07 PM
link   
They did it's called Eharmony.com

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   
a reply to: TheJourney

So you want a website where you can look at white peoples meet?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:08 PM
link   

As far as "white entertainment television", it's called every other channel besides BET.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Actually, I've been on eharmony with a friend and my white friend got a lot of responses from black men.
So that's not quite true.

However, the point you make about the blatant racism of blackpeoplemeet
is quite good
when I saw that my first thought was the same as yours
but the people who would have the nerve to start whitepeoplemeet.com
would be villlified, shunned, and have Jackson and Sharpton sitting on their doorstep broadcasting the home addresses and phone numbers of the owners of the site and the addresses of all of their relatives
and demand looting and rioting around their homes as a symbol of justice.
(this is satire folks- before you pounce on me)

On a serious note: read the book The Giver, it is very short, easy to read and shows what a color blind society would look like

edit on 1Wed, 27 Aug 2014 13:14:23 -0500pm82708pmk273 by grandmakdw because: addition

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
They did it's called Eharmony.com

Pretty sure e-harmony doesn't only allow whites, lol. That would be racist, no? More racist than only allowing blacks?
edit on 27-8-2014 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Yes, lets turn back the clock to more segregated days…

White Black

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   

How about "AnyoneMeet.com"
A place where anyone can meet anyone else they like?

edit on 27-8-2014 by grubblesnert because: ???

edit on 27-8-2014 by grubblesnert because: space

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Surely you can't deny people's right to preference?

If you don't want to date another racial background, then this is a good idea as it cuts out a lot of the unwanted matches one might accumulate.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: grubblesnert
a reply to: TheJourney How about "Anyone Meet"

Well, yea, that's how it all should be. My point is that a dating website that only allows black people gets advertised on TV like it's nothing, and I'm quite confident an exclusively white dating site would cause all hell to be raised due to its racism. Which probably would be kind of racist, but no more racist than an exclusively black site.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheJourney

Well, yea, that's how it all should be. My point is that a dating website that only allows black people gets advertised on TV like it's nothing, and I'm quite confident an exclusively white saying site would cause all hell to be raised due to its racism. Which probably would be kind of racist, but no more racist than an exclusively black site.

Why are you worried about this? Who cares? really....... Find someone to love and stop looking for injustice in matters that mean nothing.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Well, yea, that's how it all should be. My point is that a dating website that only allows black people gets advertised on TV like it's nothing, and I'm quite confident an exclusively white saying site would cause all hell to be raised due to its racism. Which probably would be kind of racist, but no more racist than an exclusively black site.

Why are you worried about this? Who cares? really....... Find someone to love and stop looking for injustice in matters that mean nothing.

I'm not 'worried' about it. But it's a legitimate point, and I find it interesting, and would find it even more interesting if someone actually made this hypothetical site and we could see what kind of reactions it got.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:31 PM
link   

I care , lots of people care.It raciest and i dont like it.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:32 PM
link   

After rereading your OP I can not accept this response as sincere. Either you are back peddling, deluded or full of B.S.
Your OP was written to elicit emotion, to display your prejudice and foster like minded responses.

I'm not 'worried' about it. But it's a legitimate point, and I find it interesting, and would find it even more interesting if someone actually made this hypothetical site and we could see what kind of reactions it got.

edit on 27-8-2014 by grubblesnert because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:34 PM
link   
The hypocritical double standard of how non whites can never be racist would be fully exposed if a site like this went online. Of course not many would be willing to point it out.

I've dated black women off of sites like POF and Okcupid, and we never looked at eachother differently because of color. We didn't care. There were of course users on the sites that would specify what races they'd want to date, so I guess people would either say "K, she/he won't date whites/blacks/whatever. No prob, next." or they'd say "That is so racist."

Nobody's happy no matter what. We all either want peace or supremacy or we don't care either way.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin, but by the content of their character. I have a dream today!"

I'm still dreaming of a world where all races will look inside rather than outside. Peace everyone.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Yes yes yes. But why even be concerned? Is there a fear that people of color are going to take over what used to be the white world and turn all the white folk into slaves? I don't get it. What if girls wanted to have an only girls dating service? I say let em. Or guys for guys. Let em. What is the problem here?

Up my way they advertise on TV for "Farmersonly.com" Their slogan is "because city folk just don't get it". Do we want to see a "Cityfolk.com"

edit on 27-8-2014 by TerryMcGuire because: "Farmersonly.com"

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Racism is racism no matter what colour it's promoting, when will we stop worrying about the colour of someones skin over what kind of person they are.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:36 PM
link   
You know.

It's like we've done the backwards slide into the 50-60's.

unbelievable.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:38 PM
link   

It's just something we have to deal with I'm afraid, racism is only seen to work in one direction.

It reminds me of a similar problem that the English suffer with. The home nations of the UK, it's perfectly acceptable and cheered to celebrate your Scottish and Welsh nationality, butas soon as one says that they are English it's seen as dirty, racist and looked upon as some far right Nazi affiliation.

I'm afraid that being English or in this case being white is all about history and the acts of our forefathers that the current populous are judged on, which is rather sad really as we had about as much to do in slave labour as the current black population have in being slaves.
edit on 27-8-2014 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I would suspect that there is no shortage of other races on "blackpeoplemeet". I suspect that since a majority of people agree on there being things like "black culture", this website is just a place where folks who feel more affinity for that culture can meet.

Im of hungarian/german/english descent, but would be more likely to join up with "latinpeoplemeet" than "whitepeoplemeet". I prefer latin culture, and latin women. Its just a matter of physical attraction (which is what you are "meeting" for on those sites, anyway).

This is less about race, and more about culture and physical traits. Physical attraction. Preferring one color of eyes, hair, skin is perfectly normal and shouldn't be scoffed at. We all find different things beautiful.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join