It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Diablo 2: The Game I Still Play

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful
Can you tell us a bit more about the Median mod?

All classes have been revamped with a new elite skill distribution.
All known items retweaked, pleeenty of new ones.
Many, many new horadric cube combinations.
Loads of enchantments to personally enhance all you equipment at the cost of higher level req.
New mobs, new mobs abilities, more bosses in the wilderness.
New bosses, new Uber areas all with level limit range.
You feel much more powerful yet the game is more hardcore which adds new strategies.

I'm probably missing some things, I haven't played in a while hehe
edit on 27-8-2014 by theMediator because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:08 PM
link   
a reply to: theMediator

Talked to my oldest son about it (he remembered it).

He said it was a good mod and that he enjoyed it mostly. So I'm going to download it tonight and give it a try later.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: TinkerHaus
I played Diablo II for a number of years - I'm sure my Battlenet account is long gone by now, but I used to be quite rich in this game.

If you love Diablo II, I recommend the Dungeon Siege games - very similar to Diablo but you get to play an entire party of characters and there are some additional combat options that Diablo doesn't have.

Love Diablo and spent many many hours playing in multiplayer mode. I do have to say that I enjoyed the Dungeon Siege 1 game more. My whole tribe of Wife and two kids play together every once and a while. When we first started, all 4 of us played all the way through. Good times. Skyrim is like DS but in first person.

posted on Sep, 3 2014 @ 09:29 AM
link   
So I wanted to pop in and mention that I finally had a chance to play Reaper of Souls. Game play is a LOT like Diablo II. It's pretty awesome, in my humble opinion.

The best part of it has been watching my husband's transformation. He's never been an RPG kind of guy, he used to tease me about having played D&D when I was younger, and Diablo, Final Fantasy, etc. He decided to give this game a try and we play it together.

It's been so hilarious to watch. At first, he was clueless, and kept referring to me for what he should do. By level 3, he had developed an understanding of the different controls for different skills.

By level 7, he had learned how to compare stats and decide what was best to equip.

By level 11, he had a sort of madness in his eyes as he looked at me and said, "I don't like this!"... "why?" I asked. His reply: "I'm becoming addicted!"

Today, each at level 14, we are cramming in gaming sessions before he heads off to work and the kiddo wakes up!

Also, he's taken the habit of bellowing "Leeroy Jenkins!!!" as he storms off into every mass of monsters he can find.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I may reinstall this, I played d2 and lod xpac for a long time. I played d3 but it doesn't hold the feel that d2 had.

posted on Sep, 16 2014 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I used to be a huge fan of Diablo 2. I lost interested when the online system got overwhelmed with hackers and cheaters.

I tried playing PoE for a while, but got kinda bored and the trading system is incredibly confusing, making it easy to get ripped off.

Lately i have been playing Marvel Heroes 2015. I think i found my home. I love the top down action rpg type games and I am a huge fan of the Marvel Universe, so this game hits all my interest points. There are a ton of heros from the marvel universe that you can play. Currently I am leveling up Dr. Strange.

The best part? Its free to play. You start off with one character, that you can choose of the 8 or so starter characters. After that you can purchase new heros with real money, or save in game currency to unlock them. It is one of the few f2p games ive played that you can actually accel without spending a dime, it just takes a bit longer.

Give it a try if you are in to those kind of games. Deadcow gives it

posted on Sep, 17 2014 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Another title people seem to miss is Titan Quest; plays very similarly to Diablo in the inventory management and general style of combat. If you're interested in mythology, it's a great game to play. Kept me busy for many hours when I was younger and encourages multiple playthroughs. There's also a nice expansion out for it to further increase your playtime.

posted on Oct, 20 2014 @ 04:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

You sir, are the man, I still remember the countless Baal runs I had to run in order to find a damn 2 os crown of ages ahahah! Anyhow, I play Diablo 3 ROS religiously and I am hoping they bring back the Necromancer in another expansion. On that note, enjoy the game! Veteran here.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join