It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate: Colorado gay congressman will behead Christians who don’t worship sodomy

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:20 PM
link   
How the hell can he consider that humorous?? Does he have a bunch of yes men around him that simply laugh on command so much so that out of touch has been taken to new levels. Does that yahoo screen his jokes to his staff before making public announcements.

Seriously that is one f#ed up crowd he surrounds himself with if that passes for humor.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:21 PM
link   
By the way, you conspiracy people who claim Obama's a Muslim (now, would not argue he's not a Muslim sympathizer of the "moderate Muslim" myth), how can he be a Muslim and most adamantly advance the LGBT agenda?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
Here is the apology....Is he being sincere?

www.youtube.com...

What an insincere, snide, opportunistic tool!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 02:27 PM
link   
And folks its people like this that let the left in america win election, no need to hide scandals anymore let these idiots destroy there own party.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: Scrutinizing

Three things:

1. The Enter key on your keyboard is your friend. I'd like to introduce you to the concept of a paragraph.

2. Please point out where proponents of the "fascist, LGBT agenda" have beheaded anyone.

3. Please consult a dictionary for the meaning of the word "fascist" for your own edification.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Does the LGBT community have Lobbyists ?

Maybe Corporatism exists.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scrutinizing
The Congressman was merely pointing out the fascism of the LGBT agenda that would like to force its values on private institutions and consciences, like Islamic compulsion to sign up for a certain agenda. As a Christian, I don't believe in trying to mold the fallen world of the Bible into something sinless, would no more punish a homosexual than a liar than an adulterer, on and on, as our faith teaches the Lord will judge these things criminal law doesn't address, government's mandate to protect people from the offensive breaches of moral law (murder, theft, violent acts) as far as this should go, in my opinion and the opinion of the New Testament. This should work both ways. We'd not punish the homosexual, but, at the same time, DO NOT wish to have such as making a homosexual wedding cake by a Christian baker forced upon us, homosexual "marriage" in our churches (which does not exist in our faith, the marriage covenant a man and a woman, as is Christ and His bride, the church), insist on our right to exercise our personal spiritual conscience and not be compelled to violate that conscience, where our scripture spells out certain sins we'd not punish in law, but are neither free to engage in, in the exercise of our faith. Americans should, as a matter of course, oppose all politically correct fascism.

Actually The Commandments are and were written for the hebrews. Im going to post a link to where i get the evidence for this thought.
the ten Commandments not for gentiles

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:12 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

That is just preposterous! Everyone knows that the gays don't behead Christians. We more or less burn them at the stake and make sure they go out fabulous

edit on 27-8-2014 by TheToastmanCometh because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Three things:

1. The Enter key on your keyboard is your friend. I'd like to introduce you to the concept of a paragraph.

2. Please point out where proponents of the "fascist, LGBT agenda" have beheaded anyone.

3. Please consult a dictionary for the meaning of the word "fascist" for your own edification.

1. Will do, if you can learn to put away Middle School Dick and Jane English.

2. Nobody ever said the LGBTs actually beheaded anybody. That would be stupid to say, and would make one wonder how it is you make that literal claim this is what was said, over what is obviously a figure of speech, to make a strong point about any compulsive agenda, in realms where people legitimately disagree. So, after considering a departure from Dick and Jane English, consider actually listening to what was said and its context, before knee-jerk running off at the mouth.

3. Maybe you need to consult the dictionary more, as I already know what fascism is, and you have the task of departing from simple minded literary styles and resultant lame complaints from a mind, clearly stuffed in a box of triviality.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

Three things:

2. Nobody ever said the LGBTs actually beheaded anybody. That would be stupid to say, and would make one wonder how it is you make that literal claim this is what was said, over what is obviously a figure of speech, to make a strong point about any compulsive agenda, in realms where people legitimately disagree. So, after considering a departure from Dick and Jane English, consider actually listening to what was said and its context, before knee-jerk running off at the mouth.

3. Maybe you need to consult the dictionary more, as I already know what fascism is, and you have the task of departing from simple minded literary styles and resultant lame complaints from a mind, clearly stuffed in a box of triviality.

So I guess "turn the other cheek" and "what would Jesus do" is out of the question?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: TheToastmanCometh

Everyone knows that the gays don't behead

LOL

That guy got the whole "head" thing all mixed up!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Congratulations, that's a real genuine step! Next, if you can simply write in standard conversational English rather than the convoluted style you've adopted above to make yourself distinct from whatever "Dick and Jane" English is ... (by the by, when Dick and Jane were still used, it was mostly an Elementary School phenomenon ... depending on how far one got in school, I guess. They were mostly discontinued in the 1970s.)

Clearly, your position that the fellow's statement is "obviously" a figure of speech is obviously mistaken. Witness a whole thread of folks right here who don't see it that way. What is truly stomach-turning to me in his "apology" as well as your "explanation" is that he didn't have the guts to actually stand up for his beliefs, nor stand behind his own words, in the apparent interest of political expediency.

If you know what fascism is as you claim, dispense with the silly personal commentary because you took personal offense at my previous, and back up your statement about LGBT fascism in discussion with the rest of us.

Or maybe, like Mr. Klingenschmitt, you'd like to explain how you weren't really saying that LGBTs are fascist, that you were only exaggerating, using a figure of speech, et. al.?
edit on 19Wed, 27 Aug 2014 19:19:34 -050014p072014866 by Gryphon66 because: Desnarked.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:25 PM
link   

I am a Christian.

I do not see the need to speak in an antagonistic fashion toward homosexuals, nor do I believe that they have an "agenda" any more than you or I have. Furthermore, I have faith in God enough that I believe, IF there was ever such a thing as the homosexual agenda, that it is not a threat to God, since no threat to Him exists, or can exist. He is immortal, all powerful, older than this universe, older than time, and wiser than any and all creatures in the universe of his creation combined.

He does not need mortal protection, nor does what law passes on this planet, effect Him one iota. My belief, is that no matter what is to come, God has more power than it, and therefore I feel no threat, and no fear for the faith. As long as there are human beings alive, there will be believers in Christ. That is enough. This GOP fool is weak of faith, and believes that there are things in this mortal world to militate against. He is wrong.

Only by love and compassion, offered in a loving and compassionate way, can the message of Jesus Christ be spread and kept whole. No number of people getting "married" despite the terminological inexactitude this concept may represent in some circumstances, will alter his majesty or power one iota. So my question to you, and to the GOP candidate in question, is this...

Why waste your time on it?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:26 PM
link   
WOW another lone dolt.
Collecting a few ?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
WOW another lone dolt.
Collecting a few ?

Collecting? Why not criticize the source rather than the messenger.

Lone Dolt my ass! This is an infection, an epidemic of Right wing Christian fascist lunatics rallying the troops for a political jihad using anti homosexual hate as their battle cry.

If you think I'm going to allow you or anyone else and their snarky comments and attempt at censorship to affect my expose of this BS....think again! I'm just getting started.

WOW...indeed!

edit on 27-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:32 PM
link   
That would be yes,with more coming
Enjoy.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:31 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I've personally never paid a lobbyist, so since we regularly generalize from the specific to the general based on personal anecdotes around here, I would say no ...

But Corporatism? Of course it exists.

*gasp* Are you referring to the nefarious and super-secret Universal Gay Agenda, Inc?

I know nothing; NOTHING!

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 12:01 AM
link   
People who suck at making jokes should not make them. This guy clearly sucks at it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I can enjoy pretty tasteless and dark humor at times, but even I don't see anything funny about beheading at this particular historical juncture.

Given the context of the statement, and the fact that there was never any ameliorating counter-statement in the original piece, I really think the guy was going for the gut, and got caught.

He's still a spineless weasel in either case, IMO.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   

The Congressman was merely pointing out the fascism of the LGBT agenda that would like to force its values on private institutions and consciences

Nope...people are welcome to hold onto their ignorance and hate. The US Constitution guarantees it..just like the constitution guarantees that our government and laws do not discriminate based on whether you are a fevered, raving, homophobic...or a Muslim, Jew, Christian...gay, straight etc.

Strange that you would consider equality under the law...fascism? I think you need to invest in a dictionary.

As a Christian,

So you say...

We'd not punish the homosexual,

Very generous of you..

but, at the same time, DO NOT wish to have such as making a homosexual wedding cake by a Christian baker forced upon us,

I assume you are referring to the case of Jack Phillips in Colorado? When his business refused to serve a gay couple? Is his bakery a 401(c) religious enterprise? If not, then he can't discriminate...he can't charge different prices to Catholics vs. Methodists, Blacks vs. Whites or straight people vs. gays. He is entirely welcome to join the KKK or hold on to any intolerant ideology he chooses, but he is not permitted to discriminate in his business based on the same beliefs.

Equality for all...get over it.

homosexual "marriage" in our churches (which does not exist in our faith, the marriage covenant a man and a woman, as is Christ and His bride, the church),

Missed this one...can you show me the link where the Gov. forced a church to marry homosexuals? If not then it is a church's prerogative...are you looking to legislate religion in the USA? Ban churches from marrying folks based on race, faith, gender?

Americans should, as a matter of course, oppose all politically correct fascism.

Lord..There is deep irony in your ignorance of the meaning of "fascism"

...Spoiler alert...Fascism is exactly what you are calling for..

Fascism is an authoritarian political ideology that considers individual and social interests subordinate to the interests of the state or party. Fascists seek to forge a type of national unity, usually based on (but not limited to) ethnic, cultural, racial, religious attributes. The key attribute is intolerance of others: other religions, languages, political views, economic systems, cultural practices, etc.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join