It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP candidate: Colorado gay congressman will behead Christians who don’t worship sodomy

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:39 AM
link   
www.rawstory.com...

Another one from the...."you just can't make this **** up" department...

A Republican nominee for a seat in Colorado’s statehouse accused Democrats of lacking a sense of humor after he said a gay U.S. congressman would soon start beheading Christians.

“This weekend I sent out an email alert to my constituents in which I used hyperbole,” Gordon Klingenschmitt said in a video uploaded to YouTube on Monday. “You know what hyperbole is. It’s a literary device where you exaggerate to make a point. Well, apparently some Democrats do not have a sense of humor and they were offended by some of the things I said using hyperbole this weekend.”

Hyperbole....yes

Humor....no btw ...I appreciate dark, cynical and over the top humor. This isn't humor but an attempt at character assassination.
My bet is that it backfired on "Dr Chaps"

And totally inappropriate in a political campaign. Is the GOP so desperate that this is an example of political discourse.
I totally expect our more conservative members to defend this yahoo, make excuses and parrot the childish "well the Dembs do it to"

Actually this is imo what makes American politics as entertaining, tho distasteful, the greatest show on earth. Apologies to Barnum and Baily.

This is classic!!

“Dr. Chaps’ comment: The open persecution of Christians is underway. Democrats like Polis want to bankrupt Christians who refuse to worship and endorse his sodomy. Next he’ll join ISIS in beheading Christians, but not just in Syria, right here in America,” the email said.

edit on 27-8-2014 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Er... whaaaaa?

Can I just say, and I believe the majority of my fellow Christians would agree, that this man in no way represents the teachings of Jesus Christ.

edit on 27-8-2014 by VegHead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: VegHead

Er... whaaaaa?

Can I just say, on behalf of the majority of Christians, that this man is not at all representative of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Are you perhaps referring to this thread?
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Your comments are welcome there as well....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

Er... whaaaaa?

Can I just say, on behalf of the majority of Christians, that this man is not at all representative of the teachings of Jesus Christ.

ACK! I didn't even see that thread.

It breaks my heart.
Crazy.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:58 AM
link   
At what point does this sort of supposed 'exaggeration' become an outright lie?......

I don't recall the ninth commandment having an 'out' .......and then there's that pesky part about 'all liars having their part in the lake of fire' that pops up in the NT ........What are these people thinking......what do they really believe in?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Sounds like the political campaigns over there are way more interesting than in my neck of the woods. lol

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Am I the only one who read the name Klingenschmitt as Klingon s#? In any case, that interpretation pretty much sums up my opinion of his character. He should just change his name in the name of honesty.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Technically, it's not possible for the unintelligent and psychopaths to use hyperbole.

Based on his complete sincerity, he must be in one of these two categories.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Er... whaaaaa?

I wonder how many Muslims turn on the news on a daily basis and feel the same way you do?..probably worse.

I honestly believe that true Muslims and true Christians have greater cause than the rest of us to be outraged by extremists who exploit their religion for their hateful agenda's.

edit on 27-8-2014 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:36 AM
link   
can we just go on to drafting our representatives.
if this guy is any clue we are more apt to improve things by just drawing names out of the hat!

oh yes if you don't vote for the republicans bad really bad things will happen!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Didn't the Christian God DESTROY SODOM city in the bible?

There's also quite a difference between Acceptance and Worshiping...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Personally speaking, I am not one who appreciates the politically correct dialogues of parliamentarians and politicians. Their lack of sincerity and honesty has always made me itch to tear out their lying throats, and make bagpipes out of their lungs.

However, just because I do not appreciate political correctness, does not mean that I support this sort of garbage either. You see, one can remain perfectly politically correct, while being an absolute bastard on the inside, and that is a terrible thing, worse than being a pariah in my view. The problem with this political correctness issue, is that people should not want to be seen to be politically correct. They should want not to be biased, hateful, spiteful, arrogant, ignorant, and thoughtless.

This GOP fellow, clearly has no appreciation for either the awful restriction of political correctness, or for that matter, the ideal of being a fine, upstanding citizen, capable of compassion, understanding, love and respect. The man needs his brain soaked in bleach, while still in his skull preferably.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Indigo5

Er... whaaaaa?

I wonder how many Muslims turn on the news on a daily basis and feel the same way you do?..probably worse.

I honestly believe that true Muslims and true Christians have greater cause than the rest of us to be outraged by extremists who exploit their religion for their hateful agenda's.

What is a true christian and how can i tell the dif between them and the other kind?

Is it that they are generally considered good people? Then why not leave it as that? Good people should be more outspoken. Not just the christians or muslims or any other group. The problem is that when anyone stands up for any cause, there is always an opposition side. It can be seen on any thread on this site.

Why is it so common to see the statement " good christians should stand up to the bad christians, or muslims, or atheists, or any other affiliation. I see this all the time. I think it is just another way to pass the buck and leave it up to someone else. Why would we place the burden on any single demographic?

edit on 27-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-8-2014 by Woodcarver because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:24 AM
link   

“Dr. Chaps’ comment: The open persecution of Christians is underway. Democrats like Polis want to bankrupt Christians who refuse to worship and endorse his sodomy. Next he’ll join ISIS in beheading Christians, but not just in Syria, right here in America,” the email said.

That's not humor. That is the religious right's modus operandi!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

Technically, it's not possible for the unintelligent and psychopaths to use hyperbole.

Really?

edit on 27-8-2014 by Lipton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Woodcarver

What is a true christian and how can i tell the dif between them and the other kind?

Fair question...I would argue that a "true Christian" or "true Muslim" places the premise or principles of their faith above their own agenda vs. starting with an agenda (hateful or otherwise) and then selectively excerpting text or doctrine to serve or gain support for that agenda.

In the OP example, it was exploiting religious fervor for a personal political agenda. With his potential religious target audience, their religion might serve to alleviate any guilt they might feel for their intolerance or hate.

Is it that they are generally considered good people? Then why not leave it as that?

I would argue that "good people" is as equally an ambiguous term more suited for individual opinion vs. larger populations.

If your question is "why" I spoke to religion...because that was premise of the post I responded to as well as the nature of the OP.

If this politician had appealed to "good people" vs. Christianity...you might have a better argument? But that is what the Politican appealed to and the OP topic.

All that said, if you are looking for a "religion" fight...I am agnostic, so might not be able to accommodate you there.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 12:25 PM
link   
DP

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Here is the apology....Is he being sincere?

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Only Democrats were "offended"?

That seems strange, odd and unlikely.

That quote alone makes it a political statement, nothing more.

Oh, and it makes him a liar, but then again, he's a politician.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 01:17 PM
link   
The Congressman was merely pointing out the fascism of the LGBT agenda that would like to force its values on private institutions and consciences, like Islamic compulsion to sign up for a certain agenda. As a Christian, I don't believe in trying to mold the fallen world of the Bible into something sinless, would no more punish a homosexual than a liar than an adulterer, on and on, as our faith teaches the Lord will judge these things criminal law doesn't address, government's mandate to protect people from the offensive breaches of moral law (murder, theft, violent acts) as far as this should go, in my opinion and the opinion of the New Testament. This should work both ways. We'd not punish the homosexual, but, at the same time, DO NOT wish to have such as making a homosexual wedding cake by a Christian baker forced upon us, homosexual "marriage" in our churches (which does not exist in our faith, the marriage covenant a man and a woman, as is Christ and His bride, the church), insist on our right to exercise our personal spiritual conscience and not be compelled to violate that conscience, where our scripture spells out certain sins we'd not punish in law, but are neither free to engage in, in the exercise of our faith. Americans should, as a matter of course, oppose all politically correct fascism.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join