It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

40 Problems with Christianity

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: amazing

originally posted by: fleshorspirit

a reply to: amazing

You can tell ME that you are a Christian, but I have no way of seeing your heart. Only God can. I can however see your works and your words and offer an opinion. If you can so easily be swayed from the truth, I don't honestly think you know Christ. Or ever did. I think you never actually left Babylon brother, sorry, that is just how I see it. Following Jesus Christ is not a religion. There are really no denominations, all are ONE in Christ.

Not a Christian, but used to be. Not really swayed from the truth, but seeing the truth. This particular article didn't sway me but is a good essay on some of the reasons I am no longer a Christian.

I believe in cutting out the middle man...meaning Jesus and the Church...and going straight to God. I do believe in God and the afterlife but not the way it's laid out by Christianity or any organized religion so to speak. Thanks for the reply though, I found it it thoughtful and respectful.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, how or why do you consider Christ a middle man that must be "cut out?"

This is a good topic, by the way. Glad to see it "resurrected."

Hi,

I feel like I have a connection with God. I feel like the church, Jesus and the Bible muddy the waters or confuse things. When it comes to God I think that simplicity is the key. You can pray, meditate read daily devotionals. Whatever it takes but when you start adding laws and rules and set rituals It gets in the way.

Some people may need the church or Christianity or Jesus to help or get their connection to god. More power to them, but I don't believe that most of us do. I can sit and pray right in my office and get that connection with God. No church, bible or Jesus necessary.

The confusion of the middle made me ask the real questions that I had. Why does God hate homosexuality? Why is that an abomination? Why can't women be leaders in the church? Why is slavery okay in the bible? Why wasn't/isn't the old testament taken out of the bible? What happens to people that were born in an isolated tribe and died? Did they go to heaven? Why can't priests marry? Why do people think the earth is only 6,000 years old and why would the Christian God, be okay with that? Why can't the bible be changed now, when it was several times in history and by people such as Constantine? Why are some of those horrible stories in the old testament, like Lot, left in? How can one question this and be opposed to people like Ken Ham and reconcile that with their own Christianity? and on and on and on.

I'm sure I didn't explain it very well.

Thanks!

posted on Aug, 21 2015 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: TombEscaper

originally posted by: fleshorspirit

a reply to: amazing

You can tell ME that you are a Christian, but I have no way of seeing your heart. Only God can. I can however see your works and your words and offer an opinion. If you can so easily be swayed from the truth, I don't honestly think you know Christ. Or ever did. I think you never actually left Babylon brother, sorry, that is just how I see it. Following Jesus Christ is not a religion. There are really no denominations, all are ONE in Christ.

Not a Christian, but used to be. Not really swayed from the truth, but seeing the truth. This particular article didn't sway me but is a good essay on some of the reasons I am no longer a Christian.

I believe in cutting out the middle man...meaning Jesus and the Church...and going straight to God. I do believe in God and the afterlife but not the way it's laid out by Christianity or any organized religion so to speak. Thanks for the reply though, I found it it thoughtful and respectful.

Hello,

Out of curiosity, how or why do you consider Christ a middle man that must be "cut out?"

This is a good topic, by the way. Glad to see it "resurrected."

Hi,

I feel like I have a connection with God. I feel like the church, Jesus and the Bible muddy the waters or confuse things. When it comes to God I think that simplicity is the key. You can pray, meditate read daily devotionals. Whatever it takes but when you start adding laws and rules and set rituals It gets in the way.

Some people may need the church or Christianity or Jesus to help or get their connection to god. More power to them, but I don't believe that most of us do. I can sit and pray right in my office and get that connection with God. No church, bible or Jesus necessary.

The confusion of the middle made me ask the real questions that I had. Why does God hate homosexuality? Why is that an abomination? Why can't women be leaders in the church? Why is slavery okay in the bible? Why wasn't/isn't the old testament taken out of the bible? What happens to people that were born in an isolated tribe and died? Did they go to heaven? Why can't priests marry? Why do people think the earth is only 6,000 years old and why would the Christian God, be okay with that? Why can't the bible be changed now, when it was several times in history and by people such as Constantine? Why are some of those horrible stories in the old testament, like Lot, left in? How can one question this and be opposed to people like Ken Ham and reconcile that with their own Christianity? and on and on and on.

I'm sure I didn't explain it very well.

Thanks!

Well many of the issues you mention above are points of debate and division within the Church itself. There are over 20,000 disagreeing denominations of Christianity across the globe. This fact alone shows us beyond all doubt that there is something wrong with the entire institution. But this shouldn't cause us to dismiss everything Christ-related and Bible related. In fact, He Himself forecasted in the very Bible itself that His Church would be blind and consumed in darkness up until the time that He was set to return:

John 9
4 I must work the works of him who sent me, while it is day. The night is coming, when no one can work. 5 While I am in the world, I am the light of the world.

Matthew 25
5 Now while the bridegroom delayed, they all slumbered and slept. 6 But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Behold! The bridegroom is coming! Come out to meet him!’

All of Christianity is asleep in the darkness and unprepared for Christ's coming. I'm not sure how familiar you are with much of the Bible, but the ironic thing about it is that when it is properly analyzed and understood, its entire theme centers around the fact that those who do not come out of Christianity will not reign with Christ. This is because Christianity butchers the image of the true Christ with its division, scandals, and hypocrisy.

So you see, it is possible to disassociate from Christianity without having to dismiss the Bible itself.

posted on Sep, 6 2015 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Such anger in some of these other Christians.... Eeeeeee!

I thought that was a great article. Bill Gates aside, it brought up many valid points.
And yet it could never rock my faith. I love God. I pray to him through Jesus. That's not going to change because of a well thought out article.
I've experienced Jesus working in my life and there's nothing anyone could say to shake that belief from me.
I do not believe that my beliefs are anymore true than anyone else's though. There are many truths to be learned through many religions, science, evolution of consciousness... Etc.
I guess that's where I differ from the conventional Christian. I have a lot of "new age" beliefs incorporated into my personal spirituality. I've had to. Common sense rules out... Personal experience rules out... Truth rules out.
The article made one good point. The universe is way too vast to have been created for human beings on a small area of land. That one has to be true because of the sheer size of the universe. Still there seem to be forces of good and evil.... I hate to say good and evil... How about light and dark... Or positive and negative... That exist.
They are creation stories. Anyone who believes in the big bang, evolution, etc. Would have to conceed to that much. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't put your faith in a higher purpose.
No I will continue to pray in Jesus Christ's name because he is my personal savior. He is who I turn to and will always turn to. And though the Bible may not be fact, I will turn to it for comfort.
There doesn't have to be a logical answer for that... For faith.

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join