It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China says new supersonic sub would reach San Francisco in 100 minutes

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: NoCorruptionAllowed

Because we all know that those flying saucer vids are real. And there is some bubble preventing fiction, we know this.

yep

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Well apprently China can SAY whatever it wants.
I'm not demeaning them or dismissing them when I say,
I'll believe it when I see it.
But I seriously doubt this is anything more than
an idea.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:52 AM
link   
a reply to: UnderKingsPeak

And a bad one at that...I feel it is, if truly stated, a propaganda thing.

China does not yet invest as much in research as we do, but they are gaining on us.

Another thing to consider is that technology does not normally advance in leaps of the type being described here. The fastest subs in existence today are generally believed to be capable of 49-52 mph (43-45 knots). To make a jump from 50 mph to 4000 mph is ... quite a stretch. (being polite)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:03 AM
link   
You don't go public with something this big unless you have it or your lying through your teeth.

I call BS.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:06 AM
link   
a reply to: MALBOSIA

Exactly

This would be ground breaking tech if true. Also, if true, why give away the secret?

I thought only Americans were ignorant enough to brag.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:58 PM
link   
a reply to: SLAYER69

It is absolutely impossible given our current level of technology. We are talking about an 800% increase when considering current speeds... one does not go from 50 mph to 4000 mph in one leap of tech advancement.

Just consider our flight speeds in a medium that is hundreds of times less dense than water... how the eff would we reach those speeds underwater even, let alone almost 8 times the speed of sound....underwater!!

It's ridiculous, therefore it is either not true that the Chinese stated such, or it is a propaganda statement/disinformation that is supposed to fool...who?

Consider what the effects would be if an underwater vessel could travel at 8 times the speed of sound. Consider how much heat would be generated by the friction of that speed in a medium that is practically 1000 times more dense than air...................................

Really? lol
edit on 28-8-2014 by bbracken677 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 07:51 PM
link   
bbracken677

To suggest that a sub could travel at over 6000 km/hr through water when there is not a single plane in existence that can accomplish that is.... ridiculous. Ludicrous. Laughable. Stupid.
...and to imagine that we do not have such technology in the military to travel at those speeds through air is also laughable etc. Why not through water too if it does not use the "normal" physics rules that you live by?

As I posted above, the technology probably exists to move UFO-like craft through the air at incredible speeds without drag, so the medium of water does not pose any greater challenge for this technology.

Why would you want to try to convince us otherwise I wonder?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:00 PM
link   
It's not the sub you should fear, it's the tsunami behind it.

lol

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: qmantoo

I wonder if this is a subtle way of threatening to out America's not so secret, secret.
edit on 28-8-2014 by Arpad because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: Arpad
What secret is that? The reverse engineered antigravity from Roswell?
If you have something to post then post it.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hey...I am not "trying to convince". You are free to "believe" as you wish. Sounds like you want to believe I am some kind of shill, sent by aliens to convince everyone via ATS that they do not exist. LOL Perhaps I am an alien and I am trying to convince you that WE do not exist. After all, it is highly important to us that people on ATS not believe in Aliens!!

Perhaps because I do not believe in Santa Claus, the boogey man, Tinkerbell or UFO's? Perhaps because I believe in science before I believe in fantasy.

Perhaps we do have the ability to fly at those speeds with experimental craft, but frankly, the "physics" we live by, is the same physics all around us. That same physics states categorically without confusion or obfuscation that if we have barely achieved flight at those speeds that achieving those speeds in a medium 800 times as dense would be beyond us.

I could just as easily say that friction does not exist, but is a construct of our minds, and gravity is the same. Saying it does not make it true, fortunately.

Until a UFO or aliens are produced, or I see the things myself, and as long as UFO fraud continues to exist, I will believe as I do. There is no proof, there is no evidence which you can present which will establish even the likelihood that aliens have visited us. Then there would be one more step, and that is that we have taken their technology, or they have given it to our govt to achieve such speeds underwater.

Therefore I conclude that it is all just BS. You, of course, may believe as you wish: in Santa, Tinkerbell, or UFOs.

Do not get me wrong...I am pretty sure that alien lifeforms exist somewhere. I am not convinced that they have visited us and every day are flying overhead showing themselves to us for reasons we cannot fathom. Rather, knowing the nature of man, I would tend to lean towards man's propensity to commit fraud for various reasons, or to see things and interpret them in different ways. UFOs just happen to be the fad of the times.

Oh..and do you have anything to back this quote up, or are you still in belief mode?

As I posted above, the technology probably exists to move UFO-like craft through the air at incredible speeds without drag, so the medium of water does not pose any greater challenge for this technology.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 08:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Choice777

Members on this site have witnessed military craft that seem to diminish the effects of gravity. I have seen them myself nearly a dozen times.

Just a few nights ago I saw it again. Approached low on a south heading and made a hard and fast turn without banking. It did this twice at roof level and made no sound. As it would turn the back would come about in a drifting motion, like turning on a jet ski, or stopping on ice skates.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 04:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: bbracken677

Because we all know that those flying saucer vids are real. And there is some bubble preventing fiction, we know this.

yep

No, I don't think you do know that. (I also wasn't insinuating every disk vid was real).
Some people do though. People who have seen them move without gravity affecting them like I have!

But go ahead and live in your little comfy bubble of ignorance and denial, I can see that you are very happy there.
If your own nose wasn't stuck so high up in the air you would see a lot more.
edit on 29-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:02 AM
link   
bbracken677

That same physics states categorically without confusion or obfuscation that if we have barely achieved flight at those speeds that achieving those speeds in a medium 800 times as dense would be beyond us.
Oh..and do you have anything to back this quote up, or are you still in belief mode?

As many people have said on ATS there are numerous eyewitness accounts of advanced craft both in air and beneath the sea. I do not have proof and if I did then there would probably be military figures at my door within hours since this technology has not been released yet. This you know as well as I do.

So, as far as making claims about this technology, yes, of course it is a belief.

BUT...

at least I am taking what folks have seen and experienced and making an educated guess as to what has been developed by the military. You on the other hand are not willing to believe anything which is not in a physics book and that would seem to me to be a rather innocent viewpoint.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   
Why would they be telling people?
If you have a deadly weapon, you keep it secret until you need to use it.
Revealing it gives the opposition a chance to begin preparing counter-measures.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   
The only way this works is via some kind of "UFO" tech (inter-dimensional, specialized fields, who knows), in which case why go underwater with that tech? Just flash wherever you want to go. With conventional constraints, overcoming friction, collisions, and cavitation (major issue) would a monumental task. Probably easier to just build a proper UFO and get there in seconds.
edit on 29-8-2014 by Halfswede because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: NoCorruptionAllowed

originally posted by: bbracken677

yep

No, I don't think you do know that. (I also wasn't insinuating every disk vid was real).
Some people do though. People who have seen them move without gravity affecting them like I have!

But go ahead and live in your little comfy bubble of ignorance and denial, I can see that you are very happy there.
If your own nose wasn't stuck so high up in the air you would see a lot more.

Ignorance and denial eh? I answer that with: show me the proof.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:34 AM
link   

at least I am taking what folks have seen and experienced and making an educated guess as to what has been developed by the military. You on the other hand are not willing to believe anything which is not in a physics book and that would seem to me to be a rather innocent viewpoint.

What education would that be?

My education states categorically that there is no such technology in existence on earth that supports the existence of an underwater vessel capable of 4000 mph underwater. Ludicrous. Ridiculous. Impossible with our current tech.

We do not have the materials, we do not have the technology to dissipate the heat or prevent the friction, that would even begin to support this.

Technological advance comes in incremental advances. Not an immediate 800% improvement. We are not even talking about a single component advance, but rather an advance in materials and power plant at the minimum. What you are talking about is the equivalent of a caveman inventing the wheel, and following that up with inventing the steam engine.

It doesn't exist anywhere on earth except in science fiction.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 06:57 PM
link   
bbracken677

My education states categorically that there is no such technology in existence on earth that supports the existence of an underwater vessel capable of 4000 mph underwater. Ludicrous. Ridiculous. Impossible with our current tech.
Denial is a safe place to be. Education unless you are in the research area of universities, teaches very old technology, you must realise that. However, when the circumstancial evidence points to technology way beyond your education, it is a foolish fellow who still continues to believe his education and refuse to accept the possibility that things have moved on without his knowledge.

We do not have the materials, we do not have the technology to dissipate the heat or prevent the friction, that would even begin to support this.
There you go again repeating the same stuff, trying to make your view of the world fit into the safe picture you have in your head. Unfortunately, there are many craft which are MOST PROBABLY military in nature which have features which reject your beliefs.

Technological advance comes in incremental advances. Not an immediate 800% improvement. We are not even talking about a single component advance, but rather an advance in materials and power plant at the minimum.
So you are aware of all the technological advances made by black and military projects are you? I for one, am not - however, as you can read in these ATS pages on this site, there are many eyewitnesses who have seen first hand the effects of advanced technology. Now, either this comes from the military or it comes from aliens. Both you seem to disbelieve. THAT is the innocence I am talking about in my previous post.

It doesn't exist anywhere on earth except in science fiction.
NO, you are probably wrong. Accept it.

You are free to "believe" as you wish. Sounds like you want to believe I am some kind of shill, sent by aliens to convince everyone via ATS that they do not exist
You are also free to believe what you like, but at this stage of your arguements and responses it is certainly looking like it to me. Either that or a very rigid and inflexible minded person. It does not matter anyway because there are bound to be folks who work for the government on these pages and I have no problem with that at all. I really hope you enjoy your work.

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Fine... lol

So advances in technology often come with 800% improvements. Advances in technology normally come with multiple systems advances.

Last but not least: Now submarines, which had a max speed of about 50mph in one generation have advanced to 4000 mph while there are no known aircraft (that travel through a medium 800 times less dense) that have the ability to travel at 4000 mph.

Okie Dokie.

If the article were about a plane that could travel at 4k mph, I would buy that since we are not horribly far off from that...well, the blackbird could do something in the neighborhood of 2400 mph...at very high altitudes...through very low density air. But hey! No sweat for a sub to travel through a medium around 1000 times the density as the air the blackbird SR-71 flew through!

I hear Santa will be coming to visit in December.

Lost a tooth lately? You should put it under your pillow. There is about as much proof to support the 4000 mph sub as the existence of the tooth fairy. Call me stupid (I am sure you will), but I am familiar with basic physics and common sense.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join