It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E-cigarettes: no indoor smoking ban planned in England despite WHO call

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Also please remember, this technology has been in use since 2004.

Only complaints so far is two cases of Pneumonia...

And those two cases are not confirmed to have been caused by vaping since pneumonia is very common in people who have recently stopped smoking.

So...in 14 years we have two cases of pneumonia.

Ya...wonder what ciggs have done.

I will risk being the third person to get pneumonia over being one of the millions with lung cancer over the years.

Just this year ciggs have crossed the "one billion deaths" marker...

Ya...I'm ok with the E-Ciggs that have a clean record for the last 14 years.

MM

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mr Mask
If you smoke ciggs, please research vaping (e-ciggs) and get on it. But please don't do an "e-cigg", get a vape mod.
Vape life!

Indeed - I have a vaporiser with changeable modules which I have with different flavours. I even mixed the Virginia tobacco flavour with the cherry tobacco - yummy! Much better than a fag.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:42 AM
link   
Ecigarettes WITH nicotine should be banned completely.

Ecigarettes WITHOUT nicotine are 100% safe and when used with an approved smoking cessation system are an effective way to quit smoking.

Ecigarettes WITHOUT nicotine are non-addictive and therefore have ZERO long term affects.

Ecigarettes WITHOUT nicotine help a cigarette smoker to quit cigarettes WITHOUT becoming addicted to a new form of nicotine delivery.

Ecigarettes WITHOUT nicotine can be used in public places because there are no chemicals to cause second hand harm to other people.

Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS who will do and say ANYTHING that allows them to continue to use their 'Drug of Choice'. They don't care if their actions brings about the banning of Ecigarettes WITHOUT nicotine or whether any smokers or Vapeheads BREAK the chains of addiction. All they care about is their ability to continue to USE nicotine.

An Ecigarette WITH nicotine smoker will always be at risk of returning to their original nicotine delivery system, SMOKING CIGARETTES.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Psynic
Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS who will do and say ANYTHING that allows them to continue to use their 'Drug of Choice'.

Can you kindly point me towards any credible source you used for this statement?

I'm not aware of 'nicotine ADDICTS' who started their addiction the e-cig route.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Psynic

What a crock.
No nicotine means you're more likely to go for a real cigarette as you crave it.
Maybe you think nicotine patches with no nicotine will work?

As for harmful vapour, another load of bunk.
The vape you exhale has most of the nicotine removed by your body, what's left is a small percentage that has droplets too big for absorption.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Ecigarettes WITH nicotine should be banned completely.

Why? Please give me ONE good reason why we need to ban them. Hell give me one good reason why you think bans of ANY sort are a good idea.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: loam

Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS who will do and say ANYTHING that allows them to continue to use their 'Drug of Choice'.

Can you kindly point me towards any credible source you used for this statement?

I'm not aware of 'nicotine ADDICTS' who started their addiction the e-cig route.

There are countless authoritative books on the psychology of addiction.

Whether a nicotine addict became hooked from analog or electric cigarettes is irrelevant, they're HOOKED and will exhibit the ego-centric behaviour all addictions cause.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Whether a nicotine addict became hooked from analog or electric cigarettes is irrelevant, they're HOOKED and will exhibit the ego-centric behaviour all addictions cause.

So? How does that give you the right to tell someone else they can't use it?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:54 AM
link   

You said "Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS".

I want to know where you got that.
edit on 27-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

So? How does that give you the right to tell someone else they can't use it?

Precisely what I was thinking - whether or not this is an excuse to "continue using our drug of choice" is neither here nor there.

What right does anyone have to say I cannot? I generally dislike people drinking alcohol and rarely take part in it myself, but I wouldn't think of telling anyone else they couldn't have their "drug of choice".

I also dislike that posters use of caps, as if we're all to stupid to be able to comprehend his point unless he makes it NICE AND CLEAR for us.

He is also totally missing the point of the e-cigs. They aren't (in the UK anyway) marketed as a smoking cessation aid, so all his waffle is a moot point. They are nicotine replacement so that the user does not need to inhale the harmful tobacco smoke, not give up. Willpower and a desire to give up is needed - in fact, it is all that is needed and the only thing that would work. If you don't have both, but want to kick smoking, e-cigs are one of the best options out there.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
...e-cigs are one of the best options out there.

Provided their contents remain relatively clean, I think they have the potential to save countless lives. Over the long term, we'll see if that holds true.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   
a reply to: loam

I don't see why it won't - all the ingredients in the fluid have been used in human consumption for years already, there is nothing new in there. Propylene glycol has been used a solvent in medical vaporisers for a long time - what is the difference here?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: stumason
...e-cigs are one of the best options out there.

Provided their contents remain relatively clean, I think they have the potential to save countless lives. Over the long term, we'll see if that holds true.

I agree completely.

I couldn't have quit smoking cigarettes if it wasn't for Ecigarettes.

Now their availability is in jeopardy because those that wish to REMAIN ADDICTED TO NICOTINE have taken an addiction RECOVERY device and turned it into an addiction DELIVERY device.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: stumason

The flavoring additives are a big open question for me. But otherwise, I agree with you.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:13 AM
link   

You said "Ecigarettes WITH nicotine has created nicotine ADDICTS".

I want to know where you got that.

Simple.

Cigarette addicts have become addicted to liquid nicotine drops.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:14 AM
link   

No, ecigs are not that new.

From personal experience, it has done a world of good for me when I made the switch in december. Better feeling lungs, lower blood pressure so it back to normal again. Overall health is much better. It has savd alot of money for me, and since I used to chew, it has saved my lips.

Safe or not, noone has a right to dictate what I put in my body. Noone should have a say in what any of us put in our body.

Have some people nothing better to do than stick their nose in other peoples business? Lets get real here.

Big tobacco and government are losing money because of ecigs, and that's the problem. Period. Mind your own damn business, to everyone that wants to cause a fuss over those of us that vape! Or use tobacco even, for crying out loud.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Now their availability is in jeopardy because those that wish to REMAIN ADDICTED TO NICOTINE have taken an addiction RECOVERY device and turned it into an addiction DELIVERY device.

Nonsense.

Their availability is predominately in jeopardy because of unfounded claims it's a gateway device to new addiction when there is no data to support this. And another largely unfounded claim is they pose a second hand health hazard to others.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Simple.

Cigarette addicts have become addicted to liquid nicotine drops.

You said e-cigs created these addictions. If people acquired their addiction to nicotine from cigarettes, and later switched to e-cigs, their addictions were still caused by cigarettes.

The addictive substance didn't change, just the delivery method.
edit on 27-8-2014 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: TheMistro81

Huh?

You must have meant your reply for someone else.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Of COURSE second hand nicotine is harmful to others!

Advocating FOR exposing children to exhaled nicotine vapour is INSANITY and is the typical 'TWISTED THINKING' of the DRUG ADDICT.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join