It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona-9 Year old girl kills gun instructer

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Restricted

An American one it seems.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: DPrice
a reply to: Krazysh0t

Baseless? How many school shootings have you had in the last year alone?

You mean shootings in places where guns are outlawed by people unable to legally own them?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Or you could just not have a gun collection, like a civilized person.

Are you purposefully trying to be obtuse? I would wager many of the people you consider civized are responsible gun owners

Do you not find people who seek to be responsible civilized?
edit on 8/27/2014 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DPrice

What does being civilized have to do with owning a gun? If I have a sword collection, does that make me uncivilized? What about if I have a bow and arrow collection? How about a collection of knives?

link   

they should not have any possible access to your gun collection to begin with, people can do whatever they want with their kids in their home with guns that's not for me to say although it is still stupid but allowing a 9 year old to fire guns at a gun range? an Uzi no less? come on you seriously can't say there's nothing wrong with this.

a reply to: DPrice

so because of a few incidents like that every kid needs to learn how to shoot guns? kill a human? intruder or not they should not be taking a life at that age.
edit on 27 8 2014 by Vamana because: (no reason given)

link   
Sad incident for sure, and very irresponsible for an instructor to allow this to happen through their own incompetence, and negligence, which was the cause of this accident.
It is no different than someone letting a kid climb a high ladder to bring up a tool to them and the kid falls, or the kid makes the ladder fall causing a death. But that won't make the news because it doesn't support the agenda of gun confiscation, which the MSM is hoping to see happen eventually through constant exposure to these kinds of unfortunate incidents.
And there is no such thing as an unloaded gun.
edit on 27-8-2014 by NoCorruptionAllowed because: added "negligence"

link   

a reply to: Restricted

An American one it seems.

I'm an American. I would never do that. Much too young.

link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Biigs

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: Biigs

Guns are guns to me. Sure they require different ways to handle them, but if you follow the same basic rules for any gun you pick up, you should have no problem handling it even if you've never operated it before.
1.)familiarize yourself with the weapon a bit while it is unloaded. Locate the safeties (there are three)
2.)keep muzzle pointed away from yourself and anyone else in the room, even while unloaded (preferably downrange, but you may not be at a gun range).
3.)maintain a firm grip on the weapon with BOTH hands.
4.)test fire a round down range to get a feel for the recoil.
5.)when done firing, clear the weapon twice while also inspecting the bolt chamber for any stray rounds
6.)when not ready to immediately fire the gun, NEVER have your finger on the trigger.
7.)if this is the first time using that type of gun, have a person nearby who is familiar with it to assist you.

There are obviously more rules (some weapon specific), but those 7 are probably the best to go by. If you remain calm and sure of yourself then maintaining control of the weapon should be no problem. Trust me, I've fired some pretty interesting guns in my life (thanks to the Army).

This is sound advice.

You might pick up a weapon you think is unloaded but someone else could have loaded it. you simply NEVER aim a weapon at anything you dont plan to shoot even when you think its unloaded

Well said. THAT is a bit of logical, reasoned, common sense.

The 4 rules that I was taught at a very, very young age--younger than this girl and when I had my first BB gun.

◾Treat every firearm as if it's loaded. ...
◾Never point a firearm at anything you are not willing to destroy. ...
◾Always be sure of your target and what is beyond it. ...
◾Keep your finger off the trigger until you are on target and ready to fire.

In the 40 years since then, I have had exactly ZERO accidental discharges.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Baseless? How many school shootings have you had in the last year alone?

Mass shootings toll exceeds 900 in past seven years

As opposed to the US population of 318 million people. So try again.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Why do you need any sort of weapon collection? Unless you're trying to compensate for something lol

So now you are insinuating things about my character. The original question was what guns had to do with being civilized, where did I have to justify why I own the collection in the first place?

link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: NavyDoc

its a freaking machine gun!!

you dont give kids machine guns, ever, its about the worst thing you can do.

hey your 10 years old here some C4 go blow some crap up.

no?

exactly.

But you are an adult, right? The offer was to you.

ive used explosives with my uncle (hes a demolition professional) ive used shotguns and rifles, i only used handguns in the states as they are illegal in england.

rfiles are great for taking out big stuff and the shot guns are great against smaller stuff close up. tnt, now thats some fun #, he used somthing called gelignite that was some weird stuff but it really went off big time.

never killed anything with explosives, it was always land/road blasting

link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

Or you could just not have a gun collection, like a civilized person.

Are you purposefully trying to be obtuse? I would wager many of the people you consider civized are responsible gun owners

He would be surprised how many gun owners are in the UK. There are many, many. The problem is, due to irrational fear and prejudice, they keep quiet and to themselves--sort of like gay men in the American Bible belt during the 1950's.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: NavyDoc

a reply to: NavyDoc

its a freaking machine gun!!

you dont give kids machine guns, ever, its about the worst thing you can do.

hey your 10 years old here some C4 go blow some crap up.

no?

exactly.

But you are an adult, right? The offer was to you.

ive used explosives with my uncle (hes a demolition professional) ive used shotguns and rifles, i only used handguns in the states as they are illegal in england.

rfiles are great for taking out big stuff and the shot guns are great against smaller stuff close up. tnt, now thats some fun #, he used somthing called gelignite that was some weird stuff but it really went off big time.

never killed anything with explosives, it was always land/road blasting

Yep. Great for getting tree stumps out of the field.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Why do you need any sort of weapon collection? Unless you're trying to compensate for something lol

I can't believe you actually said that. You talk about being civilized but are displaying extreme ignorance and lack of objectivity

I find that much more uncivilized then anyone who owns a weapon of any sort

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

You keep putting words in my mouth. I didn't say negligence, you did. I simply said that the name of the establishment implies a less than serious, cavalier atmosphere that could have played a part in this tragedy ..

And you're right, it doesn't happen everywhere but, it did happen at a place inappropriately named Bullets and Burgers.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: Vamana

so because of a few incidents like that every kid needs to learn how to shoot guns? kill a human? intruder or not they should not be taking a life at that age.

You are right kids should never defend themselves they should except abuse because they are kids.
/sarcasm/

link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Yes I'm much more dangerous with my typing fingers than a man with his finger on a trigger of course.

link   

Sorry if I hit a nerve, size isn't everything some people say...

No, it is just that this line of personal insult is neither new nor true and is rather moronic and overused and very petty. It is an indication that someone has run out of any reason in his debate and has to go impolite.

A Freudian would say that fear of weapons is a sign of an immature and undeveloped sexuality. Meh, to Freud and his disciples, everything was about sexuality.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join