It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Next Level BS: Episode 0 - A little about the show, Obama, Sheriff Joe, and more...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: FlyersFan

Change to "Men over 50" and those are my thoughts exactly

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: semperfortis

OT - Your avatar is enough to give my nightmares.... nightmares.

Carry on Pennywise.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: theNLBS

feedback.
Just do it.
Agenda or not time will tell. Go from 0-180º that helps.
Congrats

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:43 AM
link   

So, the first episode was full of BS that we all know already.
So, what's the hook?: If I keep tuned to various channels of regular news, why do I need this?
...I think I've answered my own question. And my dirty laundry wants attention.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I liked it. Language was not an issue for me. And if it was, i would do as the others here have said. point it out, and move along.

The only recommendation I would give, is to be specific with regards to BS. IE-Sherrif Joe, show a clip, or a link to what actually did happen that proves his BS. Then there can be no denying.

Don't just tell us its BS. Prove it for all the world to see.

It is Easier for me to see the Trolls that way.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:33 AM
link   
I really liked the show, the music was great. Can't wait to see more!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I tried to watch it but at 1 minute in I'd had enough profanity and vulgarity. I'm no prude but if you can't express yourself without the constant and repetitive ugly language, you simply need to widen your vocabulary. I can hear this type of language on the street or in the bar anytime and I'm not impressed. Sorry to rain on your parade but you asked for feedback. It is possible to express outrage with humor and without profanity. One of the reasons I joined ATS is the rule about profanity and yet now I see it more and more and nobody gets called out for infractions. If we are to be a civil society then our speech needs to be civil. Get yourself a thesaurus or simply make up words, the vulgarities are old. worn out and tiresome. (in reply to this. I'm still trying to figure this thing out)

Just to balance this out, I Looooved the profanity.
What is so offensive about cursing? They're just words! Good lord he even bleeped some out. Honestly, how could you not tell by the title there may be cursing in there?!?

This may be too much, but what about a completely bleeped out show (they still wouldn't be happy with that), and then a completely unbleeped version? Or should I say censored and uncensored?
Maybe you could appeal to people on both sides of the fence.

On another note, some of y'all are really cool with tax evasion? Really?
Burger King has gone downhill in my area, I think what they're really doing is jumping ship...
edit on 27-8-2014 by JuliaDream87 because: To add information and clarify my post

edit on 27-8-2014 by JuliaDream87 because: Punctuation

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Kangaruex4Ewe

originally posted by: semperfortis

OT - Your avatar is enough to give my nightmares.... nightmares.

Carry on Pennywise.

the scary part is that those are his real teeth

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Loved it, and yes, the use of language is probably going to make me watch it more then I would if it was clean....

Quick question, whats the name of the guy at the end? The "why doesnt mars have a sun and moon?" guy....

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:24 AM
link   
a reply to: MrAoxx

Bill OReilly. Conservative laughing stock.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Haven't had a chance to watch the vid, but there is a half-naked dude spreading his legs wearing a bikini?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: sheepslayer247

Haven't had a chance to watch the vid, but there is a half-naked dude spreading his legs wearing a bikini?

I think that is the picture I mentioned earlier of Anthony Wiener in a blue banana hammock...

If that doesn't throw you off your oats then nothing will.

Unless of course I missed another nearly naked guy with his legs spread...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kangaruex4Ewe

Ok, thanks. I was looking forward to watching the vid and was hoping the host wasn't sitting back spread eagle wearing a blue bikini the whole time.

That would be distracting.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:36 AM
link   
good stuff! this is the first off shoot of ats ive been interested in. straight to the point with the colorful language im accustomed to in real life. 5min is rather short as has been mentioned. i wouldnt worry too much about the accuracy, if u can call it that, of the BS meter. its gimmicky and beside the point of discussing these actual topics. reminds me of conan o'brien's clueless gamer reviews lol.

im not sure how long or often these are to be presented, but a weekly 15-30min video series would make my subscription list easy. very well done for a one man production team. :]

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Iamthatbish
a reply to: theantediluvian

I did think the man dying was the worst too. Idk who Penn and Steller is. Don't laugh. I really just said th with t.v. years ago.

Penn and Teller work for the MIC/CIA.
Who in turn give us the "official" debunkery thru programs like National Geographic
and The History Channel. These shows are the kind the general public watch to say,
"See I told you your Uncle Larry is crazy". Works like a charm.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:11 AM
link   
It was fun and well done I thought. Maybe a little heavy on profanity?
But no more than I hear just walking down the street, for F's sake..
The rating scale, well.. Obama although plenty full of BS should have
got a lower BS index for this one. All presidents do dumb things
like play golf and vacation at inopportune times.
The cop who let the kid die from asthma got a lower score?
That should have been 100.
One hundred should be reserved for direct involvement
in incidence that end in death.
Oh and Sheriff Joe has done WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY ( u get my point)
worse things than lie about illegals voting. Ask anyone slightly darker than lily white in Az.
So his score should have been lower. Unfortunately.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:19 AM
link   
I like the scary long-haired guy who reminds me of the guys who'd bully kids for their milk money back when the only words they listened to were provided by fists...wrestling holds. By the 7th grade, guys like that emerged into pre-entrepreneurial ambitions, or became criminal.

Street language? Has no shock value after a time...watch naked and afraid- soon, seeing ass-cracks of both genders will desensitize the most inhibited of viewers? I'm one of them, and well- you've seen one, you've seen them all.

Emotions are a string that can be tugged upon unwittingly. I guess anger does have a tendency to motivate people to act out of character.

4. a minority social group displaying narrow or extreme views

Using the weakness that emotions are to people against them is how we arrived...nothing works but threatening innuendos via msm?

Start with a history lesson; why were the articles of confederation not good enough? Show us the parallels of the perils of today should we have followed original schematic/document?

I like the idea of an (unsavory looking fellow) barking at the masses like a rabid dog. I happen to be one also, and prefer to eat meat when my news is delivered.

Language will lose it's shock value soon enough, but a realization shared by more than just a minority of just how bogus the scheme is should get the ball rolling?

As a collective society, what is it we are striving for individually?
Loving kindness shared by all? I'm part of that particular fringe group, feeling lonely.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I think you've done a great job for the first show. I've subscribed and will be sharing.

I personally don't care about the profanity. I could see the profanity being an issue with the over 50 crowd, but the show doesn't seem to be targeting that demographic. I'm not sure what you're intended scope for the future of the show is, but you may find that the profanity could act as a barrier to entry for some prospective partnerships in the future. On the flip side, it does add a certain appeal for some folks.

Discussing the BS meter on the show seem's to eat up a lot of airtime. Does it add enough value to the show to warrant taking those precious few seconds? After watching 100 shows, will people tire of hearing those number assignments every show? I think the concept is workable, but the number assignments currently seem a bit arbitrary. This is just food for thought, but you may want to entertain the idea of replacing the numbers system with a qualitative meter system, kind of like the U.S. homeland security terror threat level meter. Maybe have five tiers, low ball bull# -> kind of bull# -> some serious bull# -> holy # bull# -> next level bull#... You get the idea.

That Bill O'Reilly clip at the end was just LOL. I love the idea of having a funny clip to wrap up the show.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 10:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JuliaDream87
On another note, some of y'all are really cool with tax evasion? Really?

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Tax evasion, nope. Tax avoidance, absolutely.

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Good content, you seem like a good presenter, but the profanity was excessive and unnecessary, and will likely result in me being less interested in watching future episodes and will certainly result in me not recommending it to others.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join