It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jesse Ventura...A Hero is Lost.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:46 PM
link   
a reply to: MyMindIsMyOwn

Ok, well then why be on here at all then? I'm sure while we all understand that with all of the things he is doing, for him to post here will be difficult. However... don't post an "Ask Jesse" thread, expect people to read, consider and then post a response (taking THEIR time to do so) and then totally ignore those who post legit questions/comments. That's rude and inconsiderate to those whom you are trying to 'reach', in my opinion. I think "WakeUpBeer" did a great job in outlining that very thing.

Oh yes I do agree with that. Just saying these celebrities don't really have the time, or make the time.

I've seen it before. They have their own FB or MySpace, twitter pages and once they are famous they aren't even allowed to do their own posts anymore, should they say the wrong thing. Could be that too, I don't know.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots
It was like ATS had trained a tank of vicious debunker-sharks, and then dumped Ventura in the tank, and then defanged the sharks.

My teeth still hurt.

True, IMO less so the site itself but the member train of thought that caught on during contribution. I know this won't be a popular opinion in agreement but it's why I had mostly opted out of the threads, besides my ATS break. But now I figure as long as "responsible for my own actions" let the flames happen right!
edit on 27-8-2014 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
Thank you, SO.

I'm feeling pretty warm & googly for real. I'm even sincerely hoping that this thread might help Jesse gaze into the deep, dark truthful mirror, reach way down and re(connect) with those things that many of us did love about him once upon a time.

I couldn't have said it better. I truly hope he reads this personally so that he can see the support people are still willing to give him by returning to his roots.

I am also so thankful to all the members here for keeping the thread civil an supportive. Best approach.

Peace

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Put your teeth back in, sharpen them up, and get ready to rumble. We're coming back with a vengeance!

@ Everyone else, Thanks for sticking with us. I too would like to express my feeling bad about what we had such high hopes for, based on agreed upon collaboration at the outset, that has apparently turned into nothing more than a teaser reel marketing stunt..

We're still talking so I won't throw them under the bus completely yet, but, t's not looking good from here.

I can't help but feel that it seems to have turned into yet another version of "use the big ATS audience and intelligent membership to get what you want without giving anything back" plan.

Guess how that will turn out?

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Springer

Put your teeth back in, sharpen them up, and get ready to rumble. We're coming back with a vengeance!

As you wish.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
I can't help but feel that it seems to have turned into yet another version of "use the big ATS audience and intelligent membership to get what you want without giving anything back" plan.

This audience doesn't like to feel like they are being used, that's why many of them seek out alternative media to start with. Both Politicians and the Media have used us long enough. This is a group of people that desire thought provoking discussion. They may agree or disagree with what is being said, but they want the discussion. There are however people who would like to gain influence over the discussion in any way they can, to control the thoughts presented and in effect exert influence over anybody that will listen. And although many have a natural tendency to avoid following somebody just because they have a well known name, we do have to understand that herd mentality is a very real physiological tool, and if we don't guard against it we become susceptible to it. That isn't necessarily a tool being intentionally used, but it is a concern that people should have when discussion is replaced by name recognition in the choices that we make and the things that we follow.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 01:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Springer
a reply to: Bybyots

My guess?

Not so well.

Thanx for weighing in Springer. TBH I was concerned when I wrote this thread that perhaps I was alone in my thinking. But to see others feeling the same way is very telling.

Peace

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:06 PM
link   
fact: jesse ventura is a hero WHEN COMPARED TO THE COMMON MAN> but he is low functioning compared to what men could be, if trained to function.

its as if he is a dwarf, but our greatest hero at the same time, because no one else is standing or knows how to stand. pathetic really that our men cant find heroes within themselves.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I find the most recent video somewhat ironic.

Also, I wonder if Jesse has seen this thread.
edit on 28-8-2014 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Never mind.
edit on 31-8-2014 by DAVID64 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join