It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unidentified red orbs spotted off our coast

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2014 @ 11:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Dontjump247

That would be the G.C.D. ...the Galactic Complaint Desk...they take all recommendations and complaints...

They only take submissions on a personal basis so you have to physically show up ... the nearest complaint desk is located on planetoid Septum, in the Orion cluster...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 05:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: MarsIsRed
The video is so far out of focus it's literally impossible to determine what caused this. However, the 'orbs' are flickering, which would strongly suggest Chinese lanterns.

The usual autofocus problem!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Pauligirl

Hello Pauligirl. I am from New Bern and i live out on 43. I see white orbs over my house alot. Late afternoon and and early morning. I suggest folks look up a little more often. The white orbs i see are at around 1000 or so feet and move not only fluidly and totally noiseless, but with maneuvering capabilities beyond your and mine imagination. I see them twice a month,and i am always looking up. Once you see them , you definatley take everything you thought you knew and believed right out the window. Thet are always heading east from due west, or from north west to south east. Look up!!!

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: mindseye1609
a reply to: MarsIsRed

Look up Bokeh. It's the little circle sided shapes cameras make when out of focus.

A Chinese lantern out of focus would look exactly like this. It would skew the shape of the light to a perfect circle or octagon or whatever depending on the lense.

Look up Bokeh and then watch the video again.

Bokeh, from Japanese, is an often misunderstood term - it actually refers simply to the quality of the rendering of the out-of-focus region, not the amount or the shape of the aperture blades.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: earthart

Hello Pauligirl. I am from New Bern and i live out on 43. I see white orbs over my house alot. Late afternoon and and early morning. I suggest folks look up a little more often. The white orbs i see are at around 1000 or so feet and move not only fluidly and totally noiseless, but with maneuvering capabilities beyond your and mine imagination. I see them twice a month,and i am always looking up. Once you see them , you definatley take everything you thought you knew and believed right out the window. Thet are always heading east from due west, or from north west to south east. Look up!!!

wow...such scheduled visitations.

Have you ever thought about filming those. Those manouvering capabilities would certainly dazzle many of the members here...

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 06:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Pauligirl
a reply to: RyanDaniel

Thanks. Does anybody else wanna smack that newsguy?

Yes.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 07:01 AM
link   
A couple of years ago my husband saw something like this. He was driving home from work, it was close to midnight, we live in the middle of nowhere in Ohio. He came through the front door looking a little perplexed saying he just saw the weirdest thing. Keep in mind that my husband is a skeptic to the highest degree.
Anyway, he said he saw a red ball in the sky, that it was circular and was moving around but not much. Said there was only one, and it was very bright. He works with airplanes so he would have know if it was related to anything in that area. Apparently some other people saw it also.
That got my wheels turning pretty fast, but there were so many options as to what it could be I pretty much dismissed it. He got on utube and looked up videos for something similar and what he found looked a lot like the video in your OP.
Whatever it was scared him, and he doesn't scare easily. I'd really like to know what those are. Apparently a lot of people have seen them.

posted on Aug, 27 2014 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: aLLeKs I was wondering the same thing,the others were underwater but the description sounds similar. A little odd the occurences are only days apart aswell.
I find it bothersome the news make light of these things,how about you ?

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: Arduous

The video in the OP shows an out of focus point of light, the problem is lots of people taking this type of shot leave everything on automatic.

Autofocus on a camera has a real problem at night and can result in the object seemingly changing shape.

Have a look at this for a good example, at the very start of this video you will see what I am talking about.

Watch the vehicle lights

The problem is most of the people using cameras (phone & small video) believe the hype about how good they work at night. Then if you want that to be a ufo that's what it will be, but as you can see in the video above it's easy to make assumptions if all you see is an out of focus blob of light.

I have a reasonable quality DSLR but at night I use manual focus. Also if your camera is not set correctly for exposure you can end up being fooled.

I did this as an example on another thread.

Wrong exposure UFO

Correct exposure Police Helicopter

Don't you think it's strange that people that obviously don't know the correct way to use a camera/or hoaxers are the ones that see these objects.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arduous
A couple of years ago my husband saw something like this. He was driving home from work, it was close to midnight, we live in the middle of nowhere in Ohio. He came through the front door looking a little perplexed saying he just saw the weirdest thing. Keep in mind that my husband is a skeptic to the highest degree.

Anyway, he said he saw a red ball in the sky, that it was circular and was moving around but not much. Said there was only one, and it was very bright. He works with airplanes so he would have know if it was related to anything in that area. Apparently some other people saw it also.

That got my wheels turning pretty fast, but there were so many options as to what it could be I pretty much dismissed it. He got on utube and looked up videos for something similar and what he found looked a lot like the video in your OP.

Whatever it was scared him, and he doesn't scare easily. I'd really like to know what those are. Apparently a lot of people have seen them.

It could have been an interstellar starship [typically called a foofighter] ---- that is magnetically encased in a fusion plasma shield --- during it's low power landing or take-off phase --- with my own 1976 sighting of both a high-power bluish-white phase, and a low-power redish-orange fiery plasma phase of a 30 mph [approx. 700 feet in diameter with no fiery tail] starship in it's landing phase.

Congratulations...to your husband's possible foofighter sighting. Can you give me any other information about his sighting?

Thanks,

Erno
edit on 28-8-2014 by Erno86 because: spelling

edit on 28-8-2014 by Erno86 because: ditto

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 04:04 PM
link   
In my local supermarket you can buy 6 'marses' and get 6 free...... So perfectly possible

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

The area is southern Ohio. All I remembering him saying is that it was floating around for a little bit then left pretty fast. He said it was red and somewhat orange also and was pretty bright. We both have facebook and there were other people in our area that saw it also. That's all I remember about it. I can ask him if he remembers more when he gets home and if he does I'll update you.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:24 PM
link   
There was some news out of camp Pendleton in California, explaining that orbs people were reporting were some equipment they were testing. Maybe it's the same for camp Lejeune? Of course a marine stated he didn't even know what they were so who knows. Just came to mind.

posted on Aug, 28 2014 @ 09:30 PM
link   

about 20 years ago i say something very similar to those...i had friends over,a few of us were inside and a few out the front of the house when an old girlfriend came running in yelling "aliens out the front"...naturally we all ran out to see ...and saw these glowing orbs moving slowly above us...i have no idea what they were except to say glowing orangy red balls and quite large....this happened daytime around 3pm

it was even reported on the local news the sightings had been right across the sydney suburbs...i have no idea what they were ...

posted on Aug, 29 2014 @ 11:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Erno86

It's out of focus points of light most likely lanterns due to description look at the video above your post.

posted on Aug, 30 2014 @ 11:45 AM
link   

The video is so far out of focus it's literally impossible to determine what caused this. However, the 'orbs' are flickering, which would strongly suggest Chinese lanterns.

I wouldn't read into the "flickering" as that in consistent with real ufo orbs too. Interesting footage, they seemed to have eight sides to them, lots of witnesses too in different locations. I'm going with real on this one
edit on 30-8-2014 by ufoorbhunter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 31 2014 @ 02:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: ufoorbhunter

I wouldn't read into the "flickering" as that in consistent with real ufo orbs too. Interesting footage, they seemed to have eight sides to them, lots of witnesses too in different locations. I'm going with real on this one

The shape of an out of focus point of light will depend on the number of blades used to form the aperture of the lens and the aperture it's set to for example.

So TOTALLY consistent with a LANTERN no need for your orb's which you are obsessed with.

<< 1   >>

join